To confirm: u can start a lvl 1 Jedi with Sith powers in 7.0 w/ DS 5 unlocked?

ForceFanatic

As a force user you will be able to pick any of the remaining 7 combat styles if your legacy has unlocked dark 5 same for picking a sith. If you have light 5 then a sith can pick any style. Nothing is locked to the mirror class.

No what I am saying is that if you are a jedi sentinel and want to be a marauder, marauder should replace the jedi sentinel combat style since it is a mirror style instead of taking the 2nd combat slot.

Otherwise you might end up with 2 combat styles, one marauder and one jedi sentinel which technically are the same combat styles and thus you have no opportunities to have an actually different 2nd combat style if mirrors take a slot.

No what I am saying is that if you are a jedi sentinel and want to be a marauder, marauder should replace the jedi sentinel combat style since it is a mirror style instead of taking the 2nd combat slot.

Otherwise you might end up with 2 combat styles, one marauder and one jedi sentinel which technically are the same combat styles and thus you have no opportunities to have an actually different 2nd combat style if mirrors take a slot.

Ok when you play the mission with the new cutscene it will ask say on an existing toon if you want to replace the one you are playing as for your original adv...combat style. It gives you the choice to pick ANY style as long as you have the alignment unlocked. That will now become permanent. After this you can pick your second style of the 6 left. Was that a little better?

The main thing though - we don't know enough yet. It seems on PTS right now existing characters don't have the option of changing their combat styles, just to get a second one. Also, if you're forced to play a LS combat style when you start a Jedi, it would mean that your only option to play a DS combat style would be to pick one as your second style...

I was able to make a lvl 1 Jedi. Chose Guardian. Logged in and started the mission to change/add styles. Switched my Guardian to Juggernaut and grabbed my second style, Jedi Sage.

Ok when you play the mission with the new cutscene it will ask say on an existing toon if you want to replace the one you are playing as for your original adv...combat style. It gives you the choice to pick ANY style as long as you have the alignment unlocked. That will now become permanent. After this you can pick your second style of the 6 left. Was that a little better?

If that is how it works then great, there's no issues.

What if you want the Jedi sentinel style on your Mara? What if you’re a dark Sith that progresses to the light side?

It seems nearly every thread you’re trying to tell people how to play. Who are you to decide how people, who’ve been here since launch, should play this game.

What if you want the Jedi sentinel style on your Mara? What if you’re a dark Sith that progresses to the light side?

It seems nearly every thread you’re trying to tell people how to play. Who are you to decide how people, who’ve been here since launch, should play this game.

I agree. Do you want you will for your own toons, leave the rest of us alone.

You don't have Jedi Sentinel on a Mara. You have Jedi Sentinel on a Warrior.

I think the poster is saying, they should probably make it lock out having Sentinel and Mara (the same class only different by dark side and light side and some animations) on the same character (origin story) so players don't pick both.

Not sure I 100% with the idea of locking out having both the Dark and Light side Styles unable to be on the same character, though. Maybe for some concept reason, that's what the player wants. Or even just hating all other combat styles.

Like going Sage and Sorcerer on the same Origin Story. Meta wise, you're playing the same thing.

At least with Gunslinger and Sniper (mirror classes) you get different weapons and not a couple different animations.

You don't have Jedi Sentinel on a Mara. You have Jedi Sentinel on a Warrior.

I think the poster is saying, they should probably make it lock out having Sentinel and Mara (the same class only different by dark side and light side and some animations) on the same character (origin story) so players don't pick both.

Not sure I 100% with the idea of locking out having both the Dark and Light side Styles unable to be on the same character, though. Maybe for some concept reason, that's what the player wants. Or even just hating all other combat styles.

Like going Sage and Sorcerer on the same Origin Story. Meta wise, you're playing the same thing.

At least with Gunslinger and Sniper (mirror classes) you get different weapons and not a couple different animations.

Sigh. You “will” have the option to have Jedi sentinel abilities on your Mara if they go light side. So for RP purposes, you may want to be able to go from using light side (sentinel) combat style to dark side (Mara) combat style and visversa.

Not everyone wants a completely different combat style on each Alt. If you RP, you’d understand that no size fits all. He’s suggesting limiting a players choice just because he doesn’t want to make a mistake and choose the mirror class as his second combat style.

Realistically, these changes are mostly aimed at the RP community because everyone else can just make Alts if they want to play a different class (combat style). So doing as he suggests is actually detrimental to that community because it puts limits on their creative process.