The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy perks gone forever?

sthmnky

So I logged in to the pts to test lvl 1 characters as requested and had a little look around the new interface. While I know that legacy social perks were being removed, it actually looks like it's all completely gone. For those of us who have spent a lot of credits on rocket boots, field droids, and hk/treek unlocks, this is really disheartening. Does anyone have any information on these abilities? Did they move? Will they be given back at some point or are they just gone? if so, that was a very uncool move and rather sours any good changes that come with this expansion.

I found that some of them don't work on the PTS. I don't know if that is an oversight or a deliberate change. The two in particular I noticed are the ones for having you companion sell junk (on Live I have this bought down to something like 5 seconds. On the character transferred from live to the PTS it is back to one minute) and improved mounting (which allows you to summon your mount while moving) doesn't seem to work on the PTS.

Legacy perks on PTS appeared for me and are workable as soon as I completed a starter planet class story. Exiting the Jedi council chamber right before taking the shuttle to fleet, I hit Y to bring up the legacy window, was prompted for a legacy name, and boom, my level 50 legacy with all perks, cooldowns, etc., showed up.

The row of 2% renown bonuses is gone, but that's to be expected with the end of renown.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I found that some of them don't work on the PTS. I don't know if that is an oversight or a deliberate change. The two in particular I noticed are the ones for having you companion sell junk (on Live I have this bought down to something like 5 seconds. On the character transferred from live to the PTS it is back to one minute) and improved mounting (which allows you to summon your mount while moving) doesn't seem to work on the PTS.

Seems to be glitchy. This time when I logged in the improved mounting worked but the "instant" quick travel went to a 5 minute cooldown. The companion selling still doesn't work right.

• 5 weeks later...
Problem was fixed. I did not complete class quest and level 10. Once I made it to the fleet, everything was there. My apologies for being over dramatic, but with so many foundational changes I was prepped for the worst.

I did the same thing. Got on PTS and couldn't find the legacy perks and started thinking they were yanking all of them for 7.0. Frantic search led me to this post and clued me in. Finished the starter planet and there they were. So thanks for making this post.

Oh, the legacy perks are supposed to be there? I've gotten the ship on two characters already and I haven't regained my perks at all. I'll look again, though.

ETA: Nope, mine were all wiped, presumably since my legacy level was reverted to level 1.

Edited by AggiePunbot

Oh, the legacy perks are supposed to be there? I've gotten the ship on two characters already and I haven't regained my perks at all. I'll look again, though.

ETA: Nope, mine were all wiped, presumably since my legacy level was reverted to level 1.

This happened for me too... All wiped. Back to level 1. It'd be nice to at least have access to my level 50 legacy for testing new characters... but I guess I can live for now.

The perks you have on live will not show on test right now since we can’t copy live characters over. What happened to me was I couldn’t even see the legacy perks page until I completed the starter planet.

Wiping legacy makes no sense as we are meant to be testing the game, which means all features. This just wastes time learning if there are issues when they've blown thru one critical time milestone and are still short of time. Given we aren't all working to the same base test scripts means it relies on completely haphazard exploratory testing by people who, understandably, may or may not be extremely thorough. Sadly this seems to describe the in-house testing team because if they've already done their parse through the new features then they should be able to post all the already discovered issues so we don't post/complain and get frustrated/disheartened by them.

At the moment it feels like they've thrown something together, chucked it out the door and are just seeing how much incomplete/unpolished guff we're willing to accept along with the PR-hyped new features and content.

Edited by Morten_Venisse

I hate to sound all conspiracy theory, however I think the wipe of everything is designed to get us testing the experience for completely new players who start with nothing, since 7.0 seems to be aimed toward people new to SWTOR. They can't get the "right" feedback from those of us with level 50 legacies and associated perks.

What annoyed me most isn't the lack of legacy perks; it is the removal of the CC rewards for various levelling achievements. I was hoping I'd get the 20CC for completing class story chapter 1 on a character so I could unlock the few items in my collections for the 1CC each that they cost on the PTS. Got no reward and my collection items are sitting there mocking me :mad:

Edited by Sarova