Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

Thank you for the reply! :) I was thinking about how we currently have veteran's edge stacks, which give us a little boost when level sync'd, and which max out at 30 when you have max level gear. So currently a level 75 character on Coruscant is weaker in 270 gear than in 306 gear, which is why I wanted 306 gear for all of my characters even though I play solo. And perhaps I am just not a very good player (all the more reason to not do Ops), but outside of standard mobs on low-mid level planets, my characters don't usually one-shot everything, so I like to get the best gear I can so Skytrooper #7,942 dies faster.

if they do the similar thing to stacks then yes raiders with 330 will have slightly better stats than 326 but the difference wont be significant

when i started playing the expansion with 270 gear from onderon i was able to one shot standards mobs with vengeful slam, honestly has nothing to do with skill just awful balance making most solo content boring and uneventful

Why is this whole tread basically dozens+ of people saying why they don't like 7.0 gearing, and one person basically replying to each post telling them they don't deserve/need/should have the gear they want.

Guess what, NIM raiders don't need better gear than solo players. They just WANT it because they are running OPs. That's it.

deserve/need/should are 3 completely different words all i said is u dont need it, no1 will need the gear

not every1 can get what they want as well, i want pvp cosmetics but i dont wanna play pvp, that doesnt entitle me to another way to earn them

on multiple of my post i mentioned no1 will need the gear, not just solo players, but its a common law in MMORPGs that harder content gives higher rating gear, SWTOR giving a way for solo players to get BiS gear even if at a later date is good

Edited by ebinhovdloca

334 is only available on vet R4 not on any NiM content

"Max new gear ratings (7.0 gear upgrade caps):

326: This can be obtained by doing anything in game (Conquests).

322: Story Mode Legacy Operations

326: Veteran Mode Legacy Operations

330: Master Mode Legacy Operations"

"Is the only way we can get moddable gear is if we can clear VM 80 OP? Is there no more min/maxing for players who can't clear the hardest content in game?

No. Over time, as upgrade ceilings raise with new game updates, moddable gear will be accessible to all players. At 7.0’s launch there will be no moddable gear awarded above level 306"

meaning moddable gear will only be 334 and 336

"Can I acquire mats to max gear and mods without having to do grouped content?

Over time, as more patches are released in the expansion, you will be able to upgrade your gear more and more, including unlocking the moddable gear vendor."

why would casual players leave just because they cant get the last 4 IR? they are casual players gear should be the last of their worrys

Because higher gear tier is something more for them to strive for playing the game how they want. Ops do not keep people in the game. We have seen this over and over again. So they will have the best gear they can and burned to the new content, why would they stay? Gating gear behind group content doesn't work as a draw for group content.

Once they are gone, content will be the only thing that gets them back, not a trickle of gear improvements. We have seen this over and over again.

SWTOR is one of the only MMORPGs that allows max gear in any path, others you have to complete specific bosses or specific raids to get a specific BiS peace that only drops for said boss or raid

meanwhile on SWTOR

"In the 7.0 release, it is only possible to upgrade to level 330 via Master Mode Operations. Over time, all other game modes will be able to upgrade to level 330 as the ceiling is raised, so essentially, gear progression is built into all modes"

you have one of the most friendly gearing systems for solo players even if 330 was the max rating and solo path only had 326

If you read the original Gearing post it reads as if when it moves up it moves up everyone, so the first update will raise it to 334 making the new max for solo's 330, so you are still locking max gear behind one activity only. So a Solo player or PvPer will never have max gear score unless they do MM. As for your quote, I can name a few MMO's that allow you to have BiS without having to do only one endgame activity. EVE, Destiny 2, I haven't played GW2 but it used to, GW1 did as well, hell even Runescape used to let you buy BiS. Not only that, just because it's what is done doesn't make it a good system, its hot garbage. You want more Ops, then you need to get more people playing them. Full stop. The best way to get more people playing them is to make it easier to jump into them. The easiest way for everyone? Allow multiple paths to max gear. Let people play how they want to play. Since I mostly play SWTOR and D2 I will use it as an example, but D2 has seen plenty of growth in game modes everyone thought was dead because they made it easier for casual players to get into the hardest game content without making the game a second job.

deserve/need/should are 3 completely different words all i said is u dont need it, no1 will need the gear

not every1 can get what they want as well, i want pvp cosmetics but i dont wanna play pvp, that doesnt entitle me to another way to earn them

I'm just glad YOU get to be the gate keeper. I'm so happy someone enjoys telling others why their desires don't matter if it prevents some OPs runners from flexing their gear. You are so kind to take up that mantle.

Why is this whole tread basically dozens+ of people saying why they don't like 7.0 gearing, and one person basically replying to each post telling them they don't deserve/need/should have the gear they want.

Guess what, NIM raiders don't need better gear than solo players. They just WANT it because they are running OPs. That's it.

I'm guessing he feels like he needs to speak for these "elite" raiders, because no others are. Maybe that's because it's a quite embarrassing argument to make?

How "elite" are these raiders? you may ask...

So "elite" that they require unfair gear advantages over the rest of us!!! wait... huh?

If you read the original Gearing post it reads as if when it moves up it moves up everyone, so the first update will raise it to 334 making the new max for solo's 330, so you are still locking max gear behind one activity only. So a Solo player or PvPer will never have max gear score unless they do MM. As for your quote, I can name a few MMO's that allow you to have BiS without having to do only one endgame activity. EVE, Destiny 2, I haven't played GW2 but it used to, GW1 did as well, hell even Runescape used to let you buy BiS. Not only that, just because it's what is done doesn't make it a good system, its hot garbage. You want more Ops, then you need to get more people playing them. Full stop. The best way to get more people playing them is to make it easier to jump into them. The easiest way for everyone? Allow multiple paths to max gear. Let people play how they want to play. Since I mostly play SWTOR and D2 I will use it as an example, but D2 has seen plenty of growth in game modes everyone thought was dead because they made it easier for casual players to get into the hardest game content without making the game a second job.

again, pvp will be capped and 330 gear isnt modded so by saying "every1 will have access to modded gear" they are implying every1 will have access to at least 334 gear doubt they will gatekeep the last 2 IR

334 is only available on vet R4 not on any NiM content

"Max new gear ratings (7.0 gear upgrade caps):

326: This can be obtained by doing anything in game (Conquests).

322: Story Mode Legacy Operations

326: Veteran Mode Legacy Operations

330: Master Mode Legacy Operations"

"Is the only way we can get moddable gear is if we can clear VM 80 OP? Is there no more min/maxing for players who can't clear the hardest content in game?

No. Over time, as upgrade ceilings raise with new game updates, moddable gear will be accessible to all players. At 7.0’s launch there will be no moddable gear awarded above level 306"

meaning moddable gear will only be 334 and 336

"Can I acquire mats to max gear and mods without having to do grouped content?

Over time, as more patches are released in the expansion, you will be able to upgrade your gear more and more, including unlocking the moddable gear vendor."

why would casual players leave just because they cant get the last 4 IR? they are casual players gear should be the last of their worrys

I am a casual player and i will leave because i can´t play the way i like and get BIS Gear like in 6.0. Maybe i will come back when the moddable BIS gear is availabel for every playstyle again.

Why do i want the BIS gear? Because it makes the content i play easier. You can finish a MM FP even if one or two in the group are New or do have some kind of handicap.

This guy nailed it! Making harder content available to EVERYONE is the best way to get more people doing them, not by gating the content.

I'm guessing he feels like he needs to speak for these "elite" raiders, because no others are. Maybe that's because it's a quite embarrassing argument to make?

How "elite" are these raiders? you may ask...

So "elite" that they require unfair gear advantages over the rest of us!!! wait... huh?

you have yet to explain what the unfair advantage is

You are missing the point completely, Casual Carl/Carla's might be in a guild they like already. So why should they have to find a brand new guild if all they want to do is gear up? If you look at the notes, by solo playing they can get better gear than(at least if numbers are to be believed) sm Ops. So why would a Casual Carl or Carla want to do story mode? They only want sweet sweet loot. So for them who now have progressed to the max of 326, if they want 330 they have to do MM. So by what you are saying, If Carl wants to get that 330 gear, they have to leave their current guild, go join a raid guild, do weeks and weeks of SM, then do weeks and weeks of VM, to then be allowed to do MM just to get the best gear? That is just asinine. Wouldn't it be better if Carl/Carla could get 330, that way they could do training runs on MM? It saves time and it works. Again look at Destiny 2, you can get raid groups that will teach you how to do it even on their MM mode equivalent because everyone has access to max level gear. The easiest solution is to let everyone have a simple path to max gear. If you solo there should be a solo pather, you raid there should be a raid path, you PvP there should be a Raid Path, you FP, there should be an FP path.

Your point was not lost on me. That's the price paid. And really, why does their character they want to gear up mean cutting ties? Why can't they have characters across multiple guilds? The game has legacy gearing now, which will allow sending the BiS gear across our legacy. Set bonuses are tied to Legendary items instead of gear sets and will be upgradable. I have two in a raiding guild, the rest are in my old one. I haven't cut ties or truly left just because my old one isn't doing content I want to do. Many guilds also bring in folks from other guilds and have shared progression.

And yes, time must be spent. Once you leave the SM scene and move to HM/NiM, you are no longer casual. You don't do casual HM/NiM. You *need to learn the mechanics*, or you will be left out. That's how raiding works. With the tight timings and such, you run through training runs to learn the mechanics. This takes much time. Along the way you get gear. That's not "assinine', that's how these games are played. They must be able to work as a team to win. And the reward is gear that says "I did my part in this hard stuff and was rewarded with this."

on multiple of my post i mentioned no1 will need the gear, not just solo players, but its a common law in MMORPGs that harder content gives higher rating gear, SWTOR giving a way for solo players to get BiS gear even if at a later date is good

Law implies someone is actually enforcing a rule. A better term would be common practice. Bioware can opt to change the practice. There are several things about Swtor that do not fall the common practice of other MMOs. 6.0 was them changing the practice. What benefit does the practice actually have?

I am a casual player and i will leave because i can´t play the way i like and get BIS Gear like in 6.0. Maybe i will come back when the moddable BIS gear is availabel for every playstyle again.

Why do i want the BIS gear? Because it makes the content i play easier. You can finish a MM FP even if one or two in the group are New or do have some kind of handicap.

you sould not be able to 3 man a MM FP if thats the reason u want BiS gear thats not a good reason, you can currently solo MM fps how is that a good thing?

Law implies someone is actually enforcing a rule. A better term would be common practice. Bioware can opt to change the practice. There are several things about Swtor that do not fall the common practice of other MMOs. 6.0 was them changing the practice. What benefit does the practice actually have?

the game was at its peak when said practice existed, the most successful MMO's have that practive if the gearing in 6.0 was a success they would have kept it

the game was at its peak when said practice existed, the most successful MMO's have that practive if the gearing in 6.0 was a success they would have kept it

That's a broad assumption. Companies make bad decisions. Even by that logic why would they return to a system that the game was using when not at it's peak? This is just a reskinning of the token system the game has had for most of it's life. In fact let's take it a step further, token gear with Ops gates is the gearing system the game has had at it's lowest points. Why go back to that? 6.0 may not have been the peak but it's been pretty healthy.

We know this doesn't encourage group content or player retention, so why go back to this?

Hi everyone,

What will happen to all the armor sets being sold by vendors in the supplies section of the fleet in exchange for tech fragments and credits?

• They will not be available for direct purchase, but will be available in Kai Zykken’s Random Unique Items Box

I hope this has been helpful!

Why continue to make things with RNG requirements, when the shells will only have cosmetic value to players in 7.0?

Since tech tragments are still being used, why can't you just remove the class restrictions from the shells and allow them for direct purchase? That way players can just buy the shells they want to either complete a set or use the shell for a cosmetic piece on an alt or companion.

But damn, having ALL of the current 6.0 sets available for an RNG draw and only having 1 item that can be bought, but that single item has the chance to drop ANY piece from ANY set.

W -- T -- F !!!

You could play for the next full year and never complete a single set in that manor.

What a crap design choice.

Edited by Flying-Brian

So you need higher rating gear that is exclusive modify option for... not an advantage?

So we still have to wait half a year, maybe a year to get moddable gear? And even then the ceiling will continually raise. The points you are making are dumb and wrong.

/spit

That's a broad assumption. Companies make bad decisions. Even by that logic why would they return to a system that the game was using when not at it's peak? This is just a reskinning of the token system the game has had for most of it's life. In fact let's take it a step further, token gear with Ops gates is the gearing system the game has had at it's lowest points. Why go back to that? 6.0 may not have been the peak but it's been pretty healthy.

We know this doesn't encourage group content or player retention, so why go back to this?

6.0 hasnt been healthy at all , outside of solo, u have pvp players standing still for season rewards, gsf players running into walls over and over again, token system was used when the game was at its peak, the game losing players had nothing to do with gear decisions just the slow release of content , 5.0 was healthy as well with an awful gearing system (ossus farm)