Show Us Your Vistas!

Sarova

Yavin 4

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/cCP0g82

The picture I'm proudest of, and the one that took the most effort to achieve.

This picture is stunning, and all the thought and patience you poured into it absolutely paid off. I adore this image and you have every right to be proud of it.

Ord Mantell: I knew I wanted the purple flowers to make an appearance in whatever my final submission ended up being, but I didn’t expect to find a nice spot that captured three different flora from the planet! This grumpy red guy was also a fun find. At first I was concerned because he was facing away from the camera at the angle I wanted, but lucky me, his animation made him turn back to face me from time to time.

This really is beautiful piece and the red guy anchoring it just completes the look. Never put much thought into Ord Mantell's nature scenery before, but this image has definitely changed how I look at that planet.

Caves

I really like this one, but that might just be that I'm a sucker for gloomy tunnels. Love the lighting an color scheme.

I tried to keep in mind the appearance of the image's thumbnail as well as the full scale image (so that it would reduce down well). This one isn't as striking up close, but the thumbnail has a really beautiful balance of color and lighting.

The fullscreen is also makes for a fantastic visual.

I cannot stress to you enough how jealous I am of this image. It's like everything I tried to capture, but dramatically better in every way. Seriously good stuff.

You're making me want to spend time on Tython here. I haven't wanted to do that in years.

Also very much like this one, and glad you kept it around and shared it. The arrangement of everything through the haze is fantastic.

Lovely color and framing at work here.

You know, I really don't need a lot in this shot to stare at it for awhile. The highlighting of the dunes is simply enthralling.

It's a surprisingly complex mesa for scenery, isn't it :D? Love the depth of background and the way the scene appears to divide diagonally.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems really fun. Enough that it's getting me to post on the forums for the first time!

Me too, I had so much fun picking out my entries! I've always loved exploring the worlds so I am absolutely loving seeing everyone else's shots, and even more reading through everyone's thought processes. Especially when they sound so much like my experience!

I'll post my own entries and maybe some of the extras I decided against. But first I want to add more comments to some of my favourites from this thread!

Zakuul:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/580/D46o9y.png - path to the seat of power

Great thinking, this one is so iconic!

I love that you've also gone for the farm shots, I feel like that's a big part of Ossus, and this is a great shot.

Wow, I don't think there's gonna be a better Hutta shot than this. Where was this taken from?

What a great composition, I love how the rail follows the water's edge and horizon, and the soldier's letting us know we should be looking out at the view, too.

Wow, how long did you have to wait to get a shot with no PCs? Impressive.

Love these - I hadn't thought to go behind the waterfalls!

Another lovely composition.

This is understated rather than flashy, but I think it represents Tython really well. Tranquil and ancient.

Impressive!

Agreed, I tried to stay fairly minimalist with most of mine (though that suits my tastes anyway!) because all we'll see in the game decoration is a tiny reduced shot.

I tried for so long to get a shot of Mek-Sha that included those stacked buildings, I'd never noticed them before this! Plus that glowing hexagonal grid that's iconic for Mek-Sha for me. But like you, I just couldn't get a good shot of them, either nothing else was visible or they were fading out awkwardly.

Tatooine:

Tatooine: This view is also courtesy of the balloon ferry. Twin suns, endless sands, and a Sandcrawler just felt right.

I hope a simple view like this wins from Tatooine, endless sands must be the first people think of when they think Tatooine.

Yavin 4: This one is a double edged sword, I know the general spot is popular but there was a lot of effort put into the timing and composition, and frankly, it’s a great spot! The rainbow fades in and out, there is an NPC that spawns that needs to be removed from time to time, and the yellow flying creatures are always on the move. In the final shot I waited patiently to get the yellow guys top left to help pull some of the color from the Rainbow over.

The work that's gone into this really does show, what a beautiful spot!

Ossus: I liked that this angle captured so many of the defining aspects of Ossus for me. Orange sand, black rock, ancient Jedi ruins, and bonus water under the fountain. Proper distance and regular clear outs of NPCs was required to get the shot nice and clean while I waited for the right alignment of the planetary projections.

This is my top pick for Ossus, so atmospheric and also capturing the feel really well.

Makeb: https://imgur.com/a/0llWMH0 The other one i came here for. Way back when Makeb first released, I had some pretty junky internet and subsequent lag spikes. Wound up falling below one of the mining platforms, but it was so laggy I could just move around where I landed because I was in a Schrodinger state of not-dead-yet. And I remember looking up and finding that view breathtaking. So flash forward to today, and I swear it still looks like an oil painting. Covers pretty much all of Makeb too, from the natural spires, to Hutts' mining ops, to Regulators' hardware, to the scenic vistas of a resort planet. So anyways, regardless if it does anything in the contest, I'm never going to forget this view.

Haha, I love the story behind this, did you manage to recreate it or was this the screenshot you took back then? You're right, it's impressive how much of Makeb you capture here!

Tython

https://imgur.com/pBzyxwC

I knew I wanted a picture of Kaleth, which is the epitome of Tython for me - ancient, mysterious, structures merged with nature. I initially tried to take a shot from the top of the ruins, way up the hill, but I couldn't make it work from any angle, mainly because of all of the trees hiding everything.

So I decided to try from the entrance, and this angle, I think, manages to get a lot of elements in one shot: the fountain, the remains of some walkways and arches, the full length of the wall and some of the statues and doors along it, the staircase, plus some other buildings and towers in the background (I think you can even see a bit of the cave leading to the Chamber of Speech); plus there's enough trees to get across the ruins becoming one with nature, but without obscuring much.

I'm finding it really interesting reading what feelings other people have about the planets and the locations that are iconic to them. Great shot here that I never would have thought of.

I'd love to ask as well:

What worlds did you all wish were included, and what would you have been looking for there?

For me, my thoughts went to:

• Alderaan - The classic planet for gorgeous scenery. Maybe something from, or looking towards the Elysium? The cities are very elegant, but I'd probably avoid those in favour of some mountain scenery.
  • Balmorra - Not sure if many agree with me, but I love Balmorra. Partly I go there because it's got the best music in the game, but I also love the scenery. I remember stumbling across a beautiful view at the edge of the map somewhere, so I'd enjoy trying to find that again. What would capture the essence of Balmorra more though would be one of the open battlefields, I'm thinking looking north-east towards the turrets on the ridge in the Sundari flatlands.
  • Corellia - It doesn't always look great when you're concentrating on missions, but have you ever wandered about fully zoomed in and looking UP? It's got some fantastic cityscapes! I'd love trying to find a shot really encapsulating that feeling of a planet that used to be so prosperous and is now in ruins. The main view when you come out of the Republic spaceport is one that definitely springs to mind, but I'd probably skip it in case everyone went for the same thing, haha.
  • Taris - I'd head straight for the 'Enclave Raid' heroic area in the north-east. I love the view of the ground unnaturally tilted down in front of you, similar to some of the Makeb shots I tried to get.
  • Korriban - I'd be trying to capture that that moody rainy leafy gloom, I'm thinking I'd try to find a suitably ominous statue hidden in the jungle.
  • Rishi - I'd probably first go to the main town and get a market shot with some wooden bridges above. The other locations with some colourful wildlife would be worth exploring again too.
  • Ziost -
    I enjoyed this planet so much, so it really hit me when you go back down and it's a grey-on-black wasteland. I'd love to try and capture that despair. 'Eyes into the Past' is one of the best mini-quests in the game, because of the really creative and eerily beautiful visuals. I'm sure I'd get some fantastic shots from that. Highly recommend it to anyone in this thread!

Okay, here's mine!

Like Karmeck, I started out by saving some quick test shots from all over (even keeping the UI in so I could see from the minimap where I was), and then going back to redo the best ones. I made sure to try the 4:3 crop on all of mine as well to make sure the composition still worked and I hadn't put the key features across the whole screen.

Hutta: I'm not a big fan of Hutta, the only thing that immediately sprang to mind was 'pipes'. But then I realised Nar Shaddaa is right there in the sky, I must have never looked up in the right direction before! So it ended up being a search for the best frame for Nar Shaddaa. It really made me appreciate how much detail they put into the little things - the city lights 'sparkle', so I had to wait for them to light up just right.

Some rejects with more of a pipe focus: 1, 2

Mek-Sha: This is actually the first planet I went to for this contest, because I really enjoyed the story and the setting and I knew I was gonna find lots of good shots.

I started out with the big vistas, but my final chosen shot was this alleyway I stumbled upon that gave a good composition and shows a bit more of the seedy side. I'm both loving and feeling jealous that a couple of others in this thread found my hidden gem alleyway too!

Makeb: What I really wanted to capture on Makeb was the resort-planet landscape, all broken up by the industry.

I really love the slanting, cracked ground in the cities. I tried to capture that in a couple of the rejects (still with UI): 1, 2. In 1, I really loved that the fountain itself is slanted but the stream of water is vertical! It's such a tiny detail though, not even visible in this small version I saved. I know it'd get lost.

I'd also really wanted to get a shot of the light bridges, they're very iconic Makeb, they scare me so much when I'm playing and need to double-check I'm not walking into a chasm. I found them really difficult to capture though, you can only see them properly when they're slanted away from you. I couldn't get an interesting enough shot with it being that restrictive.

Ossus: When I think Ossus, my main thoughts are the farms, people trying to start up something green and new in an inhospitable place. So that's what I was trying to capture here, while still getting the ruins in.

This is actually the one I waited longest for, and I STILL didn't get what I wanted! Every now and then there's a flash like lightning in the sky for a split second. Looks great, but I only saw it every five minutes or so. And of course the two times I did manage to capture it, the windmill blades were lined up all wrong...

Some rejects still with UI: 1, 2. I really liked both of these, but I figured 1 would be what everyone sent in (this thread is backing that up!), and 2 wasn't Ossus-y enough.

Korriban: Like a lot of you I immediately thought of the Valley of the Dark Lords because it's such an iconic location - not only in SWTOR but also throughout Star Wars. I decided against it because I figured lots of people would do that, and get better shots than I could. So second choice was inside the Academy. This is one of the most obvious views, but I waited very patiently to get the guards bowing but also nobody in shot! (This is such a lovely little game detail - I have heard the guards will bow to certain players and not others, based on level or whether they're a Sith Lord or something like that?)

Yavin IV: I took a trip around the Yavin IV temple and jungles like you all, but nothing really grabbed me. For me though, Yavin IV is one of the planets that's all about the two factions working side by side, so that's what I tried to capture.

I love that this vista also gave me the temple in the distance and Yavin in the sky, and I quite enjoyed picking out which of the many ships flying across looked best. The timing had to be spot on!

This was a hard one to get and still work with a 4:3 crop, I really wanted to be able to fill the screen. The other annoying thing was the Taxi marker above the droids' heads - I initially tried to get this shot on a Republic character but switched to an Imp to get rid of the Republic taxi marker. Did anyone find a way to remove these? The nameplates can be hidden easily but the icons stay there.

Ord Mantell: I love how so many of us have waited patiently for those same three ships for our sky! This one was annoying to get, a couple of enemies on the right kept on respawning while I waited. In they way of the shot and in range to attack me, but I didn't want to move and lose the shot!

Tatooine: This was probably the hardest planet for me. In theory there are some great views, but I found them really hard to capture. I think a lot of the problem comes from the fact that the twin suns are so iconic, so you want to get them in...but that means you're facing into the sun and everything's in shadow. I gave up and went for minimalism.

Tython: This was the result of trying to get a shot of the Jedi Temple where I wouldn't need to wait forever for people to get out of shot! But I like that I've got some good foreground interest going on.

Zakuul: This is my favourite. I had a hard time on Zakuul at first, because I didn't find much that wowed me in the open-world parts. But then I remembered how we actually see most of Zakuul in the chapter instances like this one (KotET 6, Dragon's Maw - Vaylin's party). No dodging enemies here, so I had tons of fun running around the palace and got some great shots, I wish I'd saved my rejects!

This picture is stunning, and all the thought and patience you poured into it absolutely paid off. I adore this image and you have every right to be proud of it.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it so much, and I'm glad my hard work paid off.

I'm finding it really interesting reading what feelings other people have about the planets and the locations that are iconic to them. Great shot here that I never would have thought of.

Thanks! Your comment made me think about how, some of the pictures I took were places that I already considered to be iconic and perfect to represent that planet; while in other cases I didn't know exactly where to go, and it required an active effort to find that one perfect spot that captures what I wanted to get across. It's an interesting duality between those two experiences - in one case I already know how to get across a feeling or an experience, and in the other case I'm looking for a way to express that feeling. I can only assume a lot of people have had both these experiences.

I made sure to try the 4:3 crop on all of mine as well to make sure the composition still worked and I hadn't put the key features across the whole screen.

I ended up doing this too. I had already taken a few pictures, I was going over them to see if I liked them, and then it occured to me - "wait, this also needs to work with the sides chopped off; these pictures don't work that way!"

Hutta: I'm not a big fan of Hutta, the only thing that immediately sprang to mind was 'pipes'. But then I realised Nar Shaddaa is right there in the sky, I must have never looked up in the right direction before! So it ended up being a search for the best frame for Nar Shaddaa. It really made me appreciate how much detail they put into the little things - the city lights 'sparkle', so I had to wait for them to light up just right.

Some rejects with more of a pipe focus: 1, 2

Love this! It's a unique perspective, both in the original thinking involved, and literally - looking up! And at another celestial object than the one in the contest, no less!

And I really like the ones with the pipes.

I really love the slanting, cracked ground in the cities. I tried to capture that in a couple of the rejects (still with UI): 1, 2.

I totally get it, I love environments like this. It's one of the things that make me love Taris so much.

Korriban: Like a lot of you I immediately thought of the Valley of the Dark Lords because it's such an iconic location - not only in SWTOR but also throughout Star Wars. I decided against it because I figured lots of people would do that, and get better shots than I could. So second choice was inside the Academy. This is one of the most obvious views, but I waited very patiently to get the guards bowing but also nobody in shot! (This is such a lovely little game detail - I have heard the guards will bow to certain players and not others, based on level or whether they're a Sith Lord or something like that?)

Great shot! Trying to capture these little blink-and-you-miss-it moments is one of the most aggravating parts of taking these pictures, but also one of the most satisfying when you finally manage it.

Tatooine: This was probably the hardest planet for me. In theory there are some great views, but I found them really hard to capture. I think a lot of the problem comes from the fact that the twin suns are so iconic, so you want to get them in...but that means you're facing into the sun and everything's in shadow. I gave up and went for minimalism.

I really like this. The minimalism was a good choice, this shot is stunning and immediately gets your attention.

Very nice. I took a few but after the contest was over I deleted them from my computer. I was in the process of deleting some school work as the semester ended as well so I clear my computer for the next semester but a couple places I submitted pictures from my stronghold.

Have a great day.

I'd love to ask as well:

What worlds did you all wish were included, and what would you have been looking for there?

- Taris. In my opinion it is hands down the most beautiful and impressive planet in the game. (Spcifically Republic-side, it looks so much better in daylight.) The ruined cityscape, overrun and intermingled with plant life and swamps, sun shining through the trees and ruined rooftops; gravity losing its meaning among the tilted or toppled streets and buildings; so much life and so much death.

I already have a spot in mind, The Sliding Plate, at the northeastern edge of The Sinking City. An entire city block tilted at a steep angle, giving everything a surreal and destroyed feeling. Especially combined with the plants and sun, it's gorgeous.

- Quesh - one of the most memorable planets for me in terms of its appearance and atmosphere. Which makes it all the more sad that we got so little of it and so little to do there! (One of the many things that make the Agent story so great is how prominent a role Quesh plays.)

I'd probably pick something involving those enormous stone blocks, the ones that you don't really know if they're natural or artificial. So unique and imposing.

- Ziost -

specifically devastated Ziost. Cityscape / wartorn Ziost is pretty good, but that post-apocalyptic, lifeless desert is just breathtaking. I don't know what I'd pick, but pretty much any shot would be amazing.

Balmorra - Not sure if many agree with me, but I love Balmorra. Partly I go there because it's got the best music in the game, but I also love the scenery. I remember stumbling across a beautiful view at the edge of the map somewhere, so I'd enjoy trying to find that again. What would capture the essence of Balmorra more though would be one of the open battlefields, I'm thinking looking north-east towards the turrets on the ridge in the Sundari flatlands.

Corellia - It doesn't always look great when you're concentrating on missions, but have you ever wandered about fully zoomed in and looking UP? It's got some fantastic cityscapes! I'd love trying to find a shot really encapsulating that feeling of a planet that used to be so prosperous and is now in ruins. The main view when you come out of the Republic spaceport is one that definitely springs to mind, but I'd probably skip it in case everyone went for the same thing, haha.

I've got mixed feelings about Balmorra and Corellia (I mainly just find both of them a bit exhausting), but I agree with all of this. Balmorra has some haunting locations, especially the battlefields you mentioned, and Corellia is an impressive and really detailed wartorn environment.

I'm loving the shots where people are really using the NPCs. I didn't attempt that at all myself, I mostly tried to get pure scenery shots. But there're some great little characters and interactions that bring a lot to some of these places!

I didn't enter, but use this as my desktop background:

Tatooine:

https://imgur.com/KxMjc1z

Love this! Where's it from? Is it from the Tatooine SH? Or a cut scene?

Also very much like this one, and glad you kept it around and shared it. The arrangement of everything through the haze is fantastic.

Lovely color and framing at work here.

You know, I really don't need a lot in this shot to stare at it for awhile. The highlighting of the dunes is simply enthralling.

It's a surprisingly complex mesa for scenery, isn't it :D? Love the depth of background and the way the scene appears to divide diagonally.

Thanks for your above feedback on some mine :) You see why I had such a hard time choosing, though I'm really wishing I'd submitted that mining one of Makeb instead of Toborro's Estate now. Equally hard was Tatooine. I really love the two suns over the dunes, but I thought everyone would submit that kind of screenshot, so I submitted the balloon one instead.

Okay, here's mine!

Yavin IV: I took a trip around the Yavin IV temple and jungles like you all, but nothing really grabbed me. For me though, Yavin IV is one of the planets that's all about the two factions working side by side, so that's what I tried to capture.

I love that this vista also gave me the temple in the distance and Yavin in the sky, and I quite enjoyed picking out which of the many ships flying across looked best. The timing had to be spot on!

This was a hard one to get and still work with a 4:3 crop, I really wanted to be able to fill the screen. The other annoying thing was the Taxi marker above the droids' heads - I initially tried to get this shot on a Republic character but switched to an Imp to get rid of the Republic taxi marker. Did anyone find a way to remove these? The nameplates can be hidden easily but the icons stay there.

Zakuul: This is my favourite. I had a hard time on Zakuul at first, because I didn't find much that wowed me in the open-world parts. But then I remembered how we actually see most of Zakuul in the chapter instances like this one (KotET 6, Dragon's Maw - Vaylin's party). No dodging enemies here, so I had tons of fun running around the palace and got some great shots, I wish I'd saved my rejects!

Thanks for posting yours. As with everyone's yours are all great. The three above are my favourite. I completely forgot about that iconic part inside the Sith building. Your Yavin is great because it reflects the team work between two enemies.

Great shots here too. Also, great minds think alike - I also submitted the front view of the Jedi Palace on Tython.

EDIT:

I'd love to ask as well:

I'd like to do this for:

• Belsavis
  • Coruscant
  • Dromund Kaas
  • Hoth - purely because of the challenge due to everything being snow/ice white
  • Nar Shaddaa because it's one of my least liked locations so the challenging of screenshotting something nice would be great (a bit like Hutta - look what we all came up with for there; loads of fantastic shots)
  • Onderon for the challenge of getting something that's not all trees!
  • Rishi - I love the whole look of Rishi
  • Voss as I love Voss, both the planet and the race/species. So much to see there. It's my favourite planet for all the class stories.
  • Ziost - before and after

I'm hoping they do this again next year.

Edited by Sarova

It was interesting reading what people were thinking about some of their selections. I knew the competition would be tough going into this. I aimed to maximize the complexity of my selections so mine might get the edge when judges were looking at lots of the same type of scenery. Should I go with scenery? Should I go with humanoid structures? Should I find an easily recognizable structure so people knew where it was? Or should I try to strike a balance of all those elements? For each I tried getting down lower, high, more to the right or left. I wished I could remove a tree or building a few times. The most difficult part for me, and it seems so for others, was settling on just one photo.

Some I would have submitted if we could send more than one.

Hutta 1 2

Tython 1 2 3 4

Makeb 1 2 3 4 5

Tatooine 1 2 3 4 5 6

Ossus 1 2 3 4

Korriban 1 2 3

Zakuul 1 2 3 4

Ord Mantell 1 2 3

Edited by Drew_Braxton

• Nar Shaddaa because it's one of my least liked locations so the challenging of screenshotting something nice would be great (a bit like Hutta - look what we all came up with for there; loads of fantastic shots)

Agreed! I never though much of Ossus before but I'm appreciating it a lot more through my own shots and now seeing others'.

Nar Shaddaa would have some great shots looking out from a balcony - I like how you can see other areas from the one you're in, like the casinos from the spaceport. Or a busy shot with the giant gold hutt!

Edited by snap-hiss

Hutta 1 2

These two are fantastic. There have been so many pictures people have linked that capture the unique yellow/green light Hutta has and I expect it will be a shot like this that is chosen as the Hutta winner. I'm slightly regretting changing my mind and submitting a completely different picture.

Tatooine 4

I forgot about the Sarlacc pit! Excellent.

Where are the other shots you got of Tatooine from (the twin suns ones)? Are they from the Stronghold? I completely forgot I have the Tatooine SH (and I was the one who asked if strongholds were included! :o )

Ossus 3

Where's this on Ossus? I love the creepy feel of this one.

Korriban 3

This is a great angle of the main entrance.

Ord Mantell 1

I wish I'd thought of this view. The water textures with Ultra settings really are spectacular.

I think the Devs really should do a runners up thread or post or article because there are so many great shots that I'd love to have as pictures for my stronghold and they deserve some recognition. Still hoping they noticed our idea of making an art pack (or packs) of the ones that don't win but are really good for the CM.

Where are the other shots you got of Tatooine from (the twin suns ones)? Are they from the Stronghold? I completely forgot I have the Tatooine SH (and I was the one who asked if strongholds were included! :o )

Yes, the stronghold. The actual planet disappointed in the fact that it is known for the twin suns, but the stronghold did a much better job actually having 2 prominent suns.

Where's this on Ossus? I love the creepy feel of this one.

This is the cave in the ancient ruins part of the map. It is part of one of the datacron quests. This photo shows the other side of the cave which might make it more familiar to you. I liked the lighting, water quality, and feel, but I had no idea what that tentacle thing was so opted not to use it for the competition.

https://imgur.com/a/2HXEtSE

Hutta 1

I love this, it's a really unique look for Hutta.

Makeb 4

This shot is great at capturing the "towers in the sky" aspect of Makeb.

Tatooine 3

I really like the light and shadow in this one.

Ossus 3

I liked the lighting, water quality, and feel, but I had no idea what that tentacle thing was so opted not to use it for the competition.

Wait a minute - is that Ood Bnar?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ood_Bnar

If so that's really cool and I need to check this place out next time I go to Ossus.

I had been gathering screenshots over the course of the contest, to send on the last day. When I checked my resolution, I realized that my screenshots were a smidge too short, as I have to play in windowed mode (fullscreen breaks my 3-monitor layout). I'll just have to wait and see which screenshots win.

I absolutely love looking at others' pictures, and enjoying trying to see if I can guess where on the planet each was taken! Lots of fun, and thank you all for sharing! :D

Since the deadline has passed, I'm comfortable sharing my submissions. :) Everyone in my family has an active account, so all three of us submitted images for all planets except Mek-Sha. We simply ran out of time, as we didn't find out about the contest until a couple of days ago.

These are quite good I must admit. Nice framing and atmosphere.

I had been gathering screenshots over the course of the contest, to send on the last day. When I checked my resolution, I realized that my screenshots were a smidge too short, as I have to play in windowed mode (fullscreen breaks my 3-monitor layout). I'll just have to wait and see which screenshots win.

That's unfortunate, but if you'd like to share them here I think we'd all love to see them. Contest eligibility or no, we're all here to share and enjoy the attempts we came up with.

Contest eligibility or no, we're all here to share and enjoy the attempts we came up with.

Yeah i've really been enjoying scrolling through everyone's screenshots in this thread so far.

/thumbs-up, Community! :ph_cheers:

. When I checked my resolution, I realized that my screenshots were a smidge too short,.

Ugh, i think i might've messed up my resolutions as well ? , cuz the best i could get is: 1920 x 1536

So i may as well post MY screenshots here too, even though i feel like mine are wayyyyy different (probably too different for BioWare & Disney :cool: ) since i ended up going a bit to "artistic" in my frames, which is ironic considering my resolution might be off. But anyways, i guess i'll start with my 3rd place 3rd choices first and just see what people think:

HUTTA: https://i.imgur.com/2puW3tx.jpg

KORRIBAN: https://i.imgur.com/56F2RpD.jpg

MAKEB: https://i.imgur.com/JE4aqCr.jpg

MEK-SHA: https://i.imgur.com/MRYbRWM.jpg

ORD MANTELL: https://i.imgur.com/FcaVGRg.jpg

OSSUS: https://i.imgur.com/E7CsMEG.jpg

TATOOINE: https://i.imgur.com/LEXepVV.jpg

TYTHON: https://i.imgur.com/L3IRLYD.jpg

YAVIN-4: https://i.imgur.com/1h9ioYY.jpg

ZAKUUL: https://i.imgur.com/EyFFTuc.jpg

Edited by Nee-Elder
thanks again BIOWARE for the fun Contest....and i sure hope my emails & resolutions were correct lol

This one though, it's awesome! :D I cry laughed. Please tell me you entered this one. I need it for my SH walls.

Loving this one as you achieved something I couldn't. I tried to get the lightning in my picture of R8-X8 and gave up after 40 screenshots. I managed to get 2 with a flash of light, gave up and decided on a statue from the water instead.

Thanks everyone who has posted in this thread so far. Lurkers/undecided don't be shy - link your screenshots :) We're loving them.

Edited by Sarova

This is my favourite of these! It's just the sort of shot I had in my mind for Makeb, but I never managed to find a good spot like this. Really great composition with the path connecting the foreground and background, and it gets the feel of Makeb perfectly.

Thanks so much and yeah that one took me a while to find (and line-up) ...and tbh i'm sort of regretting now that i didn't submit that one to BioWare. :(

-----------

This one though, it's awesome! I cry laughed. Please tell me you entered this one. I need it for my SH walls.

THANKS but unfortunately, and very regrettably, i didn't enter that funny 'Nexu pose' shot. I thought maybe it was too "radical" or goofy or specific or whatever for BioWare selection committee to pick. Ugh, i wish i did now, having seen all the positive reactions (in Discord too) from everyone. Oh well, as BioWare used to say: Choices matter. :cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So , as i wondered in my earlier post above ^, do u guys think my resolution was OK after all? Guess i'll find out eventually. Anyways, if people are bored, here are my 2nd place 2nd choices screenshots NOT entered ( i'll be sure to post my 1st choices that i did enter , once the contest winners are announced) :

2nd choice HUTTA: https://i.imgur.com/GMU1YcM.jpg

2nd choice KORRIBAN: https://i.imgur.com/sEnPzot.jpg

2nd choice MAKEB: https://i.imgur.com/H5ZKgvk.jpg

2nd choice MEK-SHA: https://i.imgur.com/kClD2nu.jpg

2nd choice ORD MANTELL: https://i.imgur.com/Mkq8SC3.jpg

2nd choice OSSUS: https://i.imgur.com/jmJXDMA.jpg

2nd choice TATOOINE: https://i.imgur.com/MYV3K9e.jpg

2nd choice TYTHON: https://i.imgur.com/YPx4uqv.jpg

2nd choice YAVIN-4: https://i.imgur.com/Qi4N3Ny.jpg

2nd choice ZAKUUL: https://i.imgur.com/3EUdOGO.jpg

Edited by Nee-Elder
gosh i sure hope JackieKo or someone at BioWare is watching our pics we DIDN'T enter here...

THANKS but unfortunately, and very regrettably, i didn't enter that funny 'Nexu pose' shot. I thought maybe it was too "radical" or goofy or specific or whatever for BioWare selection committee to pick. Ugh, i wish i did now, having seen all the positive reactions (in Discord too) from everyone.

That's a pity - I loved that one. May have to steal it for my desk top as it's brilliant.

2nd choice HUTTA: https://i.imgur.com/GMU1YcM.jpg

2nd choice KORRIBAN: https://i.imgur.com/sEnPzot.jpg

2nd choice MAKEB: https://i.imgur.com/H5ZKgvk.jpg

2nd choice MEK-SHA: https://i.imgur.com/kClD2nu.jpg

2nd choice ORD MANTELL: https://i.imgur.com/Mkq8SC3.jpg

2nd choice OSSUS: https://i.imgur.com/jmJXDMA.jpg

2nd choice TATOOINE: https://i.imgur.com/MYV3K9e.jpg

2nd choice TYTHON: https://i.imgur.com/YPx4uqv.jpg

2nd choice YAVIN-4: https://i.imgur.com/Qi4N3Ny.jpg

2nd choice ZAKUUL: https://i.imgur.com/3EUdOGO.jpg

I can't comment on the resolution, however all of these are really good. I especially like that you've used several pictures with NPCs in. Only a couple of the ones I entered did.

I wonder when BW will make their winners announcement? I bet they're having a nightmare narrowing them down - especially when it comes to Hutta. The Hutta ones are all superb considering the place generally looks like a toxic rubbish heap! Maybe they'll say the entries were all so good that they had to pick and include first, second and third place winners for the SH reward decorations :)