***devs*** please make the combat tougher and more rewarding

beachgringo

However, you are pigeonholing disabled people, taking away their agency, insisting that they can only do easy content because that's all you can do.

I am not speaking for all disabled people. But look at the title of this thread! It doesn't say "Give us options..."

I am truly sorry for your joint pain, I hope you can find comfort and good pain management.

Yesterday , 07:18 PM | #18 I'm more than supportive of a difficulty toggle people who want harder challenges but that is *not* the title or point of this thread. Making the content of the base game harder would be catastrophic for disabled players. I won't be silent about that.

my quote. If there are disabled people who can do all the MM content to their hearts content ROCK ON! But taking away the easy content hurts everyone!

Simple solution:

1: A permanent version of the White Acute Debuff (reduces experience)

2: A permanent debuff that caps all secondary statistics (Shield, Defense, Critical,etc) at a level sync level. These abilities are what make the characters feel overpowered. (" I take no damage from anything" and " I one shot everything" complaints)

3: A permanent debuff that lowers your level sync level by 2 and can be stacked for those that want even more challenge.

1: Eh... doesn't really change much but okay

2: Nah, this isn't the issue at all. I routinely level characters that have horrifically out-of-date gear and absolutely abysmal crit/accuracy/etc %s. The issue is mastery, power, & endurance scaling against enemies which have been nerfed.

3: this... wouldn't really change most of the issues. It'd fix a couple here and there but the primary issue with difficulty is that strong enemies are too weak. This is primarily due to where the class stories take place (thanaton & baras on korriban) as well as the baked in character power creep.

I don't think most of us would be excited for "skytroppers get a buff" in the patch notes. And truth be told most mooks on most planets should remain stupidly easy. Its the Silvers, Golds, and Champions that deserve a significant buff. The Thanaton fight should take at least 30 second to a minute to complete. Not be one-shottable. Jadus should feel scary (mechanically, not just thematically) as the act 1 villian. Everybody's favorite ship-stealing nerfherder Skavak deserves more of a beatdown.

And disregarding all of that. Companions are the real issue here. Player power has scaled up a bit over time, but Companion power is... astronomically ahead of what it was. As a long-term player. I CANNOT dump enough presence to make companions feel weak. And if I level them for crew skills their combat power increases too...

If the companions were somewhere between half and a quarter as powerful as they are now, it'd feel a hell of a lot better.

...I remember when end boss class story phases were so challenging people had to ask for help. I would love if that came back as a choice.

I remember this too. I remember this being my first MMO experience, and when I asked for help with the emperor in the Jedi story being told "learn to play" or "get gud" enough that I nearly quit the game.

Now a days, if I play 10hrs in a week it's a great week. I have no desire to spend that time slogging through random mobs because somebody with all the buffs, holocrons, and 306 gear thinks everything is easy now.

Now if they wanna add a difficulty setting to instances, I'm cool with that. Meet personally... I prefer easy mode.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

And disregarding all of that. Companions are the real issue here. Player power has scaled up a bit over time, but Companion power is... astronomically ahead of what it was. As a long-term player. I CANNOT dump enough presence to make companions feel weak. And if I level them for crew skills their combat power increases too...

If the companions were somewhere between half and a quarter as powerful as they are now, it'd feel a hell of a lot better.

Well, you can't do anything about presence, but you can set your companion to 'passive'. It doesn't matter how strong they are if they just stand around navel-gazing while you fight.

I woudn't mind an option to make companions weaker, but it has to be an option. Let people have strong companions if they want them.

The point is to allow options. If someone wants to use an overpowered companion, then let them, you have the choice to put them on passive (which lets you have them around for story reasons), or just not to increase their influence level.

Story is easy, but that's more due to overlevelling then anything else. If you stay at planet level, and use a dps companion, then it's a bit more challinging and you won't kill everything just using your basic attack.

Put your companion on passive, and it's even more challinging.

More challenging combat during the storyline would be fine with me, IF IT IS OPTIONAL. The chapters being available in story/vet/master really was a good idea, and it is a shame they dropped it for the later parts of the storyline.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.