Darth Wehavezerofreshideas for the next Big Bad!

Pietrastor

There's nothing in the teasers we've gotten that denies the possibility of Rakatans behind everything, especially if they retcon the Sith origins to the Rakata.

I don't personally want to see this as a thing. In the lore as it stands, the SIth were just about the ONLY species that were able to fight BACK against the Rakata successfully. Not the humans. Not the others. The Sith(look it up on Wookiepedia).

I don't personally want to see this as a thing. In the lore as it stands, the SIth were just about the ONLY species that were able to fight BACK against the Rakata successfully. Not the humans. Not the others. The Sith(look it up on Wookiepedia).

I was thinking about that article, actually. I like the idea of the Rakata, in different times and places, pushing the ancient Jedi and Sith towards their ls/ds alignments through conflict. Unlike the Jedi, the Sith version has never been dramatized in books or videogames, and I think it would be kinda cool to suggest that, just like the Jedi [Jeedai] used to more morally ambiguous before encountering the Rakata, the Sith maybe weren't inherently DS before the Rakata showed up.

But now that I think about it, it would be hard to portray that in this era, and also BW is not known for its subtlety.

Hmm. I wonder if they could program the game for the villain to be one of your alts, with that voice actor. For example, if you play Jedi Knight the villain is one of your Sith Warrior, Inquisitor, Hunter, or Agent. When you play the Agent the villain is one of your Jedi Knight, Consular, Smuggler, or Trooper. In the off chance you have no alts the villain is still chosen randomly with a default appearance. You still get to play the game normally with the alt chosen as villain for its version of the story.

That might be hard for those of us that have alts as "family"- i.e. my chiss (LS) agent is a sibling of my sith jedi (LS), and my DS (SITH PB) jedi knight is the sibling of my (DS) SW. If we could CHOOSE who the antagonist would be, yes. If it was a Random selection, then no.

Hmm. I wonder if they could program the game for the villain to be one of your alts, with that voice actor. For example, if you play Jedi Knight the villain is one of your Sith Warrior, Inquisitor, Hunter, or Agent. When you play the Agent the villain is one of your Jedi Knight, Consular, Smuggler, or Trooper. In the off chance you have no alts the villain is still chosen randomly with a default appearance. You still get to play the game normally with the alt chosen as villain for its version of the story.

I can't speak for others, but i'd personally hate that, for the simple reason that in my HC all my alts are part of my main JK's Alliance, and some are cross-faction friends.

I'd love the ability to use alts as companions though if it was possible.

I can't speak for others, but i'd personally hate that, for the simple reason that in my HC all my alts are part of my main JK's Alliance, and some are cross-faction friends.

I'd love the ability to use alts as companions though if it was possible.

Same. It would also disrupt the headcanon we've built up for our chars - as soon as the character in question did anything outside the expected behavioral parameters it would break immersion.

I know that, since each of my characters is 'me' in that character's story, it would be weird to fight them in another story. Not to mention how they would fit in; they'd either have to replace the already existing antagonists or play 'second-fiddle' to them - which some players wouldn't feel fit their characters, obviously.

Also, there's the factor that some players are... fond? approving? of the current antagonists; Hunter (Star Cabal), Skaavik, Taro Blood, Baras, Tol Braga, yes even Arcann and Vaylin have their fans. Those players wouldn't necessarily like to see those antagonists replaced by one of their own characters.

It's Star Wars, big sith baddies are kinda baked into the foundations...

They tried to go off the tracks with Zakuul, and while it got some critical plaudits for originality, it was a commercial flop...

And let's not forget, this forum too was really vocal about getting back to the faction conflict.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.