The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Wow... this ruined my day, week and month...

OddballEasyEight

So, I record and upload the storylines to Youtube (mainly for my own sake) and I'm currently doing a Bounty Hunter playthrough that I promised one of the kids at work that I'd do.

She designed the character and everything... so this kid KNOWS the character...

And today I noticed... that the video of the cutscene right after finishing the Aurora mission... Shadowplay didn't record the sound for some reason.

I didn't notice until today because I was very tired from work yesterday. If I had noticed yesterday I could have used the DVR function to just save the last 20 minutes played, but I didn't and now it's too late.

Support says they can't put me back to before that cutscene, so that route is screwed.

I don't want to start over for several reasons... mainly because of the time required and the fact that I've already spent 2000+ cartel coins on the character since I bought a masters datacron and some dyes.

The only option I've found that could work is to find that specific cutscene on youtube... with the specific dialogue choices as well...

Luckily there's only two times in the cutscene where you have to pick a dialogue option.

But so far I've only found one single recording online of a female bounty hunter in that cutscene using those two specific dialogue options.

But it's got music on and that means I can't edit the audio easily, I'll have to use stills or something to fill out the video space between where I pressed the option and where the other player did.

Either way, it's a complete mess and I just needed to vent a bit.

I fully expect people to hate on me, but I still needed to just... vent.

(I suppose if anyone happens to be at that point in a playthrough and wants to record the cutscene for me without music and using those specific dialogue options, let me know... but I'm not asking for anyone to do that. I just need to vent)

:(

I feel you, I record my playthroughs as well and I hate when the recorder randomly gets screwed up and I don't notice :(

I'm usually slavishly checking the video after each recording, but this week has been incredibly rough at work with all the kids coming back after summer holidays and cutbacks on budget, staff and even space...

It's actually made me decide to stop working at schools, so I was really down.

But I still should have checked that file... I'm so annoyed right now.

Sidenote: It seems most people who put up videos of the Female Bounty Hunter pick the middle option for the first reply instead of the top one (that I picked), and those who do pick the top one usually picks the top one instead of the middle one (that I picked). Just an interesting sidenote as I'm sifting through all the videos I can find.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Update:

After scouring the internet for compatible videos and splitting the sounds into my own video... I finally fixed it!

Aaaand then there was no sound on my next 2 cutscenes either.

(And I did a test recording before that to check and the sound was working...)

I'm gutted.

Completely gutted.

And support didn't even sympathize enough with me to give me a masters datacron or something so I could start over on a "clone" character.

I give up.

I'm just completely gutted right now.

Dude, try making another BH with the same voice, rush to the same story part and try to record again, maybe with a mic at the same time, just in case)

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid doing.

Since I'm 16+ hours and 6 planets in and that's while using a lvl 70+ character to just blaze through content.

I don't want to do that all over again with a bog-standard low level character just to get the audio for these three cutscenes.

That said, I've now downloaded Audacity and will be using that in parallel with my recording software to create a backup whenever I'm recording... just in case.

These two additional cutscenes that lacked audio might be possible to find online since it's the cutscene of talking to Crysta just before the Great Hunt victory ceremony cutscene, and the actual victory ceremony.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Well... I've decided to delete the character.

So... there goes a Master's Datacron for 2000cc.

And a dye worth 240cc too.

But that's just money. I can get that back.

But what bothers me the most is that I had a pretty much unique helmet (Trickster's Cap) that I've been holding on to for about a year to use on a special character.

Haven't found it on the GTN since I bought it the first time.

Haven't seen it on any other player character... ever?

Man, this really hurts.

But there's no point in keeping this character any more since I can't fix the videos.

Final update:

I figured out what happened to the sound...

I'm using Shadowplay to record my sessions.

I also have Shadowplay's DVR/Instant Replay function active (constantly records the last 20 minutes so you can just press a button to save that if something happens in a game that you want to save, for example).

Now... here's the issue;

If I alt-tab out of a game and open up Vegas Pro (14 in my case), then Shadowplay will stop recording audio for some reason.

Now, this wouldn't be an issue if DVR wasn't on, since it would start recording audio again when I turn off Vegas Pro.

However, if the DVR function is on, then Shadowplay refuses to go back to recording audio since it "turned off" that function when Vegas Pro was turned on and then never went back since it's technically constantly recording.

So, any new recording I do after that (without restarting the computer or turning off DVR) will have no audio.

For example, the first time it didn't record the audio, I had indeed alt-tabbed out of the game to check a video in Vegas Pro... but that was hours before recording that cutscene... but DVR was constantly running in the background, thus no sound was recorded.

So... PSA to anyone using Shadowplay, this could be an issue for you.