Operative Feedback

JackieKo

I was testing Concealment and Scrapper a bit this weekend. Seems there are issues in both variations.

The level 43 Scrapper Ability Tree choice "Setup Shot" is not working. It should be applying a debuff to the target which makes the next direct damage attack critically hit. This debuff is not applying properly. (The equivalent Concealment version works properly).

The level 47 Concealment Ability Tree choice "Tactical Critical" is not working. The debuff lasts 10 seconds (should be 2), and does not stack properly. It should stack up with each consecutive critical hit, but it stays at 1 stack regardless. (The equivalent Scrapper version seems to be working properly).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, so I really like a lot of the tree for Lethality Operative. Having the set bonus in part of the level 47 choice is interesting, but you'll be hard pressed to find a Lethality player who isn't going to pick Tactical Overdrive. It's a must-have for the class, so I don't see much point in that decision. I really like the first decision tree, with the option to choose between the two different effects for Corrosive Assault. I'm interested to see how much having a fatality-eqsue Tactical Advantage refund is going to make a difference. I will say, though some of the other choices are tough, things like choosing Holotraverse at 73 and the aforementioned Tactical Overdrive choice are no-brainers. The one issue I have that I think kills Lethality is the level 60 choice. Having cooldown on the cloaking screen is imperative, but not having the movement speed increase and +2 effective stealth level hurts the class a lot. Choosing that instead of the Cloak CD hurts too, even worse. The third option is the 5% DR, and while this is not as damaging to not choose as the other two, it will sorely be missed on an already incredibly squishy class. If you ever intend to have lethality compete or complete NiM content in 7.0, at the very LEAST two of these three choices must be included. Choosing between these three and leaving two or more of them out entirely guts the class, in my opinion. Speaking purely from a PVE player's standpoint, this is the only impossible decision. The other stuff i.e. choosing flashbang or whatever isn't something I'll speak on, because I don't PVP at all. The level 60 decision aside, I'm really looking forward to 7.0 Lethality Operative. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Operative notes

Concealment impressions:

• Roll knife. This passive is crazy good. Dropping the cooldown of stim boost by 10 seconds with your main filler allows you to almost chain them together - even more so when you take tactical critical.
  • 0 energy cost for laceration with relentless blade is pretty irrelevant. It sounds great in theory, but you don't run out of energy anyway, it still needs a tactical advantage and roll knife is far better. Instead, I would remove the tactical advantage requirement for lacerate with this passive, but allow it to consume tactical advantages for bonus crit chance and damage or something similar.
    This would allow you to choose between higher burst or more frequent burst windows.
  • The level 30 passives are very interesting and are the ones I spent the most time thinking about. As I mentioned before, I liked having sevor tendon for an extra tactical advantage, so merging it with crippling throw is nice.
  • Crippling wounds allows for some extremely high burst with volatile strike.
  • Meanwhile, best defense allows you to focus on surviving in 1v1 scenarios and further, will be extremely valuable if it works on operations bosses. Taking 20% less damage puts you into tank levels of durability, with a potential additional 14% through 2 other passives. Concealment off-tank meta?
  • Big thumbs up for concealment.

This is a great summary of changes.

My opinion is that concealment generally feels good, but I feel that now our survivability has taken a major hit for PVP. I can't test as well as in PROD because we don't have ranked matches in PTS. My guess is that Operative is overall nerfed for PVP. See my thoughts below.

1. Evasion is pretty much useless in PVP, which is a big contributor to my dps. I used to have Evasion with Blow for Blow (150% damage back) + Evasive Imperative (cooldown dropped with every attack). That meant I could use evasion to deal a lot of damage. Perhaps I will have to find an alternative method to get that same dps.

2. I also don't see Cunning Competencies, which allowed me to use countermeasures for purging all movement-impairing effects. I dont see a direct skill 1-1 from what we had before. There is Quick Countermeasures now, but it does not PURGE all movement impairing effects. There is also Tactical Critical which purges movement impairing effects, but now I have to think about how I use stim boost... I can adapt, but will require practice and some changes in rotation.

3. I have to choose between flashbang and holotraverse. No problem, this is a change I can live with.

4. I DONT SEE REVITALIZERS. This used to heal me for a total of 25% of my health, and I would trigger that again with Tactical Overdrive. Now I am only getting the extra alacrity and critical. That was a major loss for me. From a PVP survivability perspective, I feel that we have been nerfed.

5. I also don't see Fortified Kolto. When this was active damage reduction was increased by 3% per stack (2). However, now this doesn't exist. So, that means again, less survivability in PVP.

EDIT: There's also a bug that doesn't seem to select the options I chose from the combat proficiencies page. I sometimes select an option, and it looks good and I close it. When I open it again, the skill selected is different. Let's say I choose Tactical Overdrive, but then next I open the page, it is back at Tactical Critical

Edited by CommanderOtto

• 3 weeks later...

On the PTS, Playing the trooper story on Makeb, but in the Operative, Lethality combat style.

Completed the Quest Planetary Surgery which the quest reward is a main hand weapon, but received the Fractured Mender's Blaster Pistol instead of a blaster rifle.

Currently my trooper is in Operative Lethality combat style, but my first combat style I chose was Mercenary Arsenal (so may be why I received a blaster pistol, but should of receive a blaster rifle).

After completing Makeb have gone to Illum and my trooper is just doing the Illum storyline and encountered another wrong weapon issue.

Completed the Quest Armada on my Trooper in Operative Combat style on Illum and received a main hand Blaster pistol called Crystaline Targeter's Blaster Pistol instead of a blaster rifle.

Looks like this might not just be a main hand weapon issue. Just completed the quest The Jedi Temple on Illum on the trooper in Operative, Lethality combat style and have a choice of either a Crystaline Targeter's Shotgun or a Crystaline Targeter's Offhand Blaster. Since in an Operative combat style should have had a Vibroknifes as an options for rewards.

Edited by Stariessaber

A few things that could use some work on for the class abilities and the ability tree.

Firstly, with the Distraction ability at level 31, having a core ability like this at level makes 31 is a bit too high. If /when you encounter something like Strong, Elite and Champion NPCs (who don't have the immune to interrupts buff) for content like story bosses, heroics, flashpoints and even warzones. This should be a core ability from level 1. If this is not feasible then looking at something like level 10 when you really can start doing content like heroics would be more appropriate.

Secondly, no Combat revives for DPS (with heals as an off spec). Although was only doing solo content on the PTS. Removing this ability from DPS specs I can see being a huge issue on the live servers, especially in groups with no healers like Veteran Flashpoints. Even in groups with healers doing challenging content like Master Mode Operations, Uprisings, and Flashpoints. As what happens if the healer has gone down no one can revive them in a critical situation which can make or break the fight. Most likely it will end up in a wipe. If you do not wish to return this ability then maybe having the ability to change spec mid fight could be an answer, but would be even more complicated to implement and could have other negative implications.

Lastly with the abilities tab, I know this is a WIP (Work in Progress) as a suggestion separating out the passives from the active abilities would be really helpful. One way of doing this is for example is having an Active and Passives tab pop up when once you have selected Operative in the dropdown.