Emperor tokens, why are they so asinine to get? Maybe a fix?

wolfdragonxx

This nightlife event from July to August intro'd Emperor tokens, and I can't help but wonder to myself. "Why are they so asinine to get?", I mean, Nightlife is all about pretending to be on the Nar Shadda nightlife crowd - gambling, drinking, buying, etc. Yet, for Emp' tokens. I have to run around boring flashpoints with randoms, or do Black Talon/Esseles solo with very low chances of getting a coin - and if I do get lucky one run and get 1-3 coins, I go to NS and spin the wheel only to get 50x Kingpin.

Now, in my mind I had a solution - but why not just make them buyable at the vendor? They don't cost credits, but instead, Golden Certs'. Maybe like 10-20 certs. That way you still get to play the NS Nightlife event, spend your hard-earned credits, and then ramp up. It's how it goes for the other tokens. I can buy a few smuggler chips, gamble, then get the Kingpin and use those - so why not the same for Emp? I just think it'll make older players, who have already gotten most of the items from the Golden Cert vendors want to participate more, and allow the new guys to work towards something without having to deal with groups or flashpoints. I think its better all around, but as usual, some wont. But I'm open to discussion.

Edited by wolfdragonxx

This nightlife event from July to August intro'd Emperor tokens, and I can't help but wonder to myself. "Why are they so asinine to get?", I mean, Nightlife is all about pretending to be on the Nar Shadda nightlife crowd - gambling, drinking, buying, etc. Yet, for Emp' tokens. I have to run around boring flashpoints with randoms, or do Black Talon/Esseles solo with very low chances of getting a coin - and if I do get lucky one run and get 1-3 coins, I go to NS and spin the wheel only to get 50x Kingpin.

Now, in my mind I had a solution - but why not just make them buyable at the vendor? They don't cost credits, but instead, Golden Certs'. Maybe like 10-20 certs. That way you still get to play the NS Nightlife event, spend your hard-earned credits, and then ramp up. It's how it goes for the other tokens. I can buy a few smuggler chips, gamble, then get the Kingpin and use those - so why not the same for Emp? I just think it'll make older players, who have already gotten most of the items from the Golden Cert vendors want to participate more, and allow the new guys to work towards something without having to deal with groups or flashpoints. I think its better all around, but as usual, some wont. But I'm open to discussion.

Emp tokens were introduced last Nightlife

And you don't have to run around and do FPs or kill random mobs. You can buy smuggler, get kingpin, and spin kingpin for Emp tokens. The only thing i will say is that the win rates seems way down to previous years

I ran around and did all the Heroic +2 missions on Alderaan and not 1 Emperor token dropped. Not 1! Then I switched to another planet, prefer not to name, and just by killing the mobs, I earned about 5 in about 1/2 hour - 45 min. Mobs were low level so easy enough to run around and kill. Boring as hell I will admit. But at least now I have some tokens.

So not every planet drops them I guess.

As for a guaranteed drop, if you que for PvP WZ matches. You get 1 every time you win. If you lose, nada.

I do find it odd that all my alts had about 10-17 Emperor tokens left over from last year. Yet this year, I doubt I'll have any left over for next year. The drop rate is definitely lower now. However, worthless Kingpin tokens I have now range anywhere from 800-1150 on each alt. I think I got 1 Emperor token playing the Kingpin machines but that took over an hour and 1/2. Just for 1. Not worth the time.

Ah well, back to my secret planet of killing low level mobs.

Edited by Banthabreeder

I've been leveling a new character through FPs and I've gotten an Emperor token from probably 90+% of the bosses. That's probably your best bet farming them.

That's my plan. I'm going to farm decos in flashpoints, that way I'll get at least something for my time.