Strange Problem

DarkCrossing

My lvl 52 Sith has lost his powers and don't know where to find them!:mad:

I was playing my lvl 52 Sith when 7 of his powers went dark and can't be used. I went to customer service followed their instructions and the powers still don't work. Went to the Interface Editor reset it to the "default" setting and the powers still remained blanked out. Went back to the character and removed those 7 powers then reinstalled them from "Abilities." No still didn't work! Thinking I may have "missed" something went back and redid all the steps over again. Same thing only this time it flashed a message "You need a ranged weapon!" These are "Edged Weapon" powers and this character carries a Coruschel Works Heavy Magnapulse Blade the same weapon it has been using the last 3 days!

Any suggestions as to what happened and why it now tells me these powers and weapon I've used for the last 3 days now don't like each other!

Is the blade in need of repairs or is the offhand missing? The game might simply give you the wrong error message.

This might be the problem. Some combat abilities, even force-driven ones, require a particular type of saber (single/dual), and that weapon cannot be 100% broken.

For example, I have a trash toon, a lightning sorc, and I'm purposefully playing him with no weapon, just tossing lightning. With no weapon, I can't use my force shield ability. So why is it called FORCE shield if it requires a physical weapon to manifest it? Don't know, but that's the requirement, so without a weapon, don't have access to it.

What is your Discipline? (Deception, Lightning, Vengeance, Carnage...) Can you name 1-3 disabled abilities? What do you have in offhand?

This is a lvl 52 Sith Assassin Discipline, Deception. The powers that are now unusable are lacerate, Voltaic slash, Maul, Low Slash, spike, and assassinate . There's is no secondary weapon just the Corushal Works Heavy Magnapulse Blade that I've been using the last day or two with no problems.

I had just finished Spoils to the Victor and was about to enter the Loramar Cave. I entered the cave and all the aforementioned powers went blank. I entered into combat thinking they'd come back but only one of them worked. On suggestion of customer support I removed those powers from the tray, went back to the interface Editor and reinstalled them. same thing, none of them work.

This might be the problem. Some combat abilities, even force-driven ones, require a particular type of saber (single/dual), and that weapon cannot be 100% broken.

For example, I have a trash toon, a lightning sorc, and I'm purposefully playing him with no weapon, just tossing lightning. With no weapon, I can't use my force shield ability. So why is it called FORCE shield if it requires a physical weapon to manifest it? Don't know, but that's the requirement, so without a weapon, don't have access to it.

I've been using the same blade for the past few days with no problem, and the character has no secondary weapon slot.

How do I know if the blade, Corushal Works Heavy Magnapulse Blade, is damaged and needs repair or where/how do I get it repaired?

The powers that are now unusable are lacerate, Voltaic slash, Maul, Low Slash, spike, and assassinate.

Yeah, those are the abilities that are greyed out when you unequip your weapon. Pretty sure the weapon is broken,

to repair your gear go to any vendor and use the "repair" button on the bottom.

When you move the mouse over the weapon it shows "x% durability" right under the item name. There also should be a "broken armor" icon on your portrait.

Edited by Mubrak

Is the Corushal Works Heavy Magnapulse Blade a single-bladed or double-bladed weapon. I am not finding a weapon with that name in Jedipedia, but all Magnapulse blade weapons that I see are single-bladed and Assassins need a double-bladed weapon (dual-bladed lightsaber, or dualsaber, or an electrostaff) for some of their abilities. For example, all of the abilities you mentioned except Assassinate require a dualsaber or electrostaff. So the weapon may be the problem.

DPS Assassins should have a Focus in their off-hand.

How do I know if the blade, Corushal Works Heavy Magnapulse Blade, is damaged and needs repair or where/how do I get it repaired?

Go to any vendor. In the bottom left corner, under the FOR SALE tab it will say Repair All with a wrench (spanner) icon. If that icon is lit then you have gear that is in need of repair. It is good practice to get into the habit of clicking that whenever it is lit.

Edited by ceryxp

Is the Corushal Works Heavy Magnapulse Blade a single-bladed or double-bladed weapon. I am not finding a weapon with that name in Jedipedia, but all Magnapulse blade weapons that I see are single-bladed and Assassins need a double-bladed weapon (dual-bladed lightsaber, or dualsaber, or an electrostaff) for some of their abilities. For example, all of the abilities you mentioned except Assassinate require a dualsaber or electrostaff. So the weapon may be the problem.

Go to any vendor. In the bottom left corner, under the FOR SALE tab it will say Repair All with a wrench (spanner) icon. If that icon is lit then you have gear that is in need of repair. It is good practice to get into the habit of clicking that whenever it is lit.

I'm not able to get to my machine with the game on it unit later but I'll give these suggestions a try later today. When visiting the Medical Droids I always use the repair all. I'll also see if I have a different blade in my saved inventory and try a weapon swap. I'll get back to let you know if it works.

Thank you to all that offered help and/or suggestions to solve my problem. I looked in the lower right corner and saw the sword I had needed lvl 51 vibrosword. So on the suggestion by one of you who said this character may not be able to use that weapon, went to my storage and switched for a different weapon and low and behold there were all my missing powers. Once again I can't say thank you enough to all for your help

Until you reach player level of 75 and then iRating of 306, put on any piece of gear that drops from a mob or that you get as a reward if it has a green up arrow on it.

As mentioned above, you can equip a Focus in your offhand; the next time a Focus drops it will have an up arrow on it and you can go ahead and put it in your offhand.

Thank you to all that offered help and/or suggestions to solve my problem. I looked in the lower right corner and saw the sword I had needed lvl 51 vibrosword. So on the suggestion by one of you who said this character may not be able to use that weapon, went to my storage and switched for a different weapon and low and behold there were all my missing powers. Once again I can't say thank you enough to all for your help

Happy to help. Glad you got it sorted.

If I had my way weapons would be agnostic of class. For example, a Jedi could choose whether they wanted to do single lightsaber, dual wield, or a double-saber. That was just one of the great things about the KotOR games.

Edited by ceryxp

Had this happen on a shadow character, after a while I realized I had equipped a lightsabre that I had pick up as loot with better stats, so was no longer using a dualsaber. So... you are not the only one who has done this. Edited by TalleraLane