The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Non-playable Race costumes

_Skorpeon

I keep seeing people vying for [insert Alien Race Here] being added to the game, that people say won't happen because facial reasons, romance animations, not lore friendly, etc.

I don't know if it's ever been brought up before, but I think a Halloween-like costume would be a nice in between. Add masks, gloves, and boots so people can "play as" races like Mon Calamari, Ongree, Voss, Kel Dor (those can add one of the many helmet filters) or what have you. The game can remove the pieces as needed, and it doesn't require adding a whole new race.

I'd personally be happy to shell out some CCs for a couple race masks+gloves, such as Trando or Kel Dor. Those that are more into the RP side can get the "exotic" races, and the people more into the play side don't have to worry about more races being added to collect, or whatever.

Edited by _Skorpeon

The disguise terminal decoration items handle that, allowing you to fully transform into a hutt, wookie, or bith, for example, but the appearance is limited to where the deco was used. It'd be nice were the transformation dismissable and usable everywhere.

It'd also be nice to know the developers' thoughts as to why there was ever such a limitation placed on those decos.

Yeah, I'm aware of the terminals. Their price with both CCs and credits on GTN

However, once you leave a Stronghold, they fizzle out. And you can do nothing while wearing them.

The costume idea is for those who want to play as XY race that doesn't fit BW's standards, but without the requirements that a whole new race calls for.