Why Continue To Play SWTOR?

QDMcGraw

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Quicks draw Mcgraw! To those who didn't read it, just read it for crying out loud! OP maybe you should have used more hip abbrv.'s LOL You know in the end we all end up that way!;)

Thank you, and I shall take that into consideration for my next thread... if I get to make one, lmao!

This is how it is. I'm looking forward to monday when my younger collegues will arrive at work, telling that they are level 50 now, have nothing to do in swtor and go back to WoW...oh..yeah, and that it's so bugged, has no lfg tool. You know...they do that pretty much after every MMO release.

Funniest part is that they only start playing other MMO's when I point them out to them. They have no interest whatsoever in looking for new games themselves. With my children is the same. I already heard my son telling me this week, that swtor looks quite cool, two weeks ago he still told me that swtor was overrated (haha). I'm sure I know where he heard that, he's only 13...you know ;)

Anyway my collegues and my son will grow up someday, realize that entertainment in games is not always being about the fastest, the best and the most epic.

Do you know how I know you're not a very bright writer?

Flower if you bother to read the full post you will understand what's all about. if you though read the post and you came up with that conclusion....oh well that's another story to tell to a gp

I love this game, and yes I used to play WoW, I won't deny it. I don't really care about leaving my level 85 to rot for all eternity because I enjoy this game. Now don't get me wrong, there are problems with this game, but what large scale game doesn't have problems upon release. The point of an MMO is that the continued support of subscriptions will allow them to consistantly improve and add upon, so I look forward to the future.

Well said.

Iv got 300Days played in total across all my chars.

A member of the target audience replied to you and you just brushed it off.

The fact that for some reason you thought he was talking about himself (as you said in your first post) tells me:

A) you didn't understand the post

B) you didn't read the post

C) you are a troll.

The fact that for some reason you thought he was talking about himself (as you said in your first post) tells me:

C) you are a troll.

Other times, most people refuse to admit they're wrong, especially on the internet. It's quite a wild fact of the internet.

Whenever I see a long post in paragraph form, I get excited. It means someone actually has something to say, and might even know how to say it.

Unfortunately, while I agree that perhaps a lot of players are like the ones described in this post, not all of us are.

I don't game professionally, as in, I don't make money at it, but it is all I do. I played WoW, a lot, but I didn't raid that often or pvp at all because of the aforementioned ePeen issue. I was born with a small ePeen, so I don't feel the need to show it off. I don't have a problem with a lack of end game content just yet, but I did expect a few less issues with the UI and some other areas of the game, such as a lack of "convenience" tools.

I don't want to insult the OP by saying he just made the post to hear himself talk, but if I read something that long, I'd like to see some sort of actual game related comments and not a diatribe on the current MMO community of spoiled ADD kids that most intelligent adults already know about.

Edited by Flyjedi

I sincerely hope that the endgame, so-called "leet" crowd stay with wow. Frankly, the game is awesome, but the community sucks.

I played wow, at one point I was the top third best geared druid on my server. But, again dealing with the kids whose only other experience gaming was on a console babysitter, with their smug, smack talking attitude, made it an excruciating experience.

Sure, the answer is to just get over with it and deal. Which I did for a lot of years. But, now there is a buggy, unpolished, unrefined avenue to start over, in the form of SWTOR. I am hoping that the lack of endgame and the long RP storylines that they all hated in wow, will turn them off to this game and we can have a good quality, friendly community like we had back in the days of SWG.

One can only hope.

May want to stop using labels an assuming things because i for one have played many many mmo's free an payed an can tell you right now this game needs help.

An can i justify paying a monthly fee for something i find broken no sorry.

The game was released not because it was ready more because they needed to make an ROI to keep up there cost.

Truely, I never played WoW, after SWG Disaster I watched some Youtube vids and

all I saw were bunny hopping, disney looking toons singing the internet is for ****.

I am unable to compare TOR to WoW. Aion, Rift, AOC, LoTRO and all sorts of F2P games

I can compare it to and it blows them away.

Wrong again: "it's evident" = "it is evident".

So, that's cool. I'm not trolling, just asking you to completely read it if you want to have conclusions.

You say "in it's entirety," which in other words says "in it is entirety." Come on, now. :)

C) you are a troll.

I'll take D) you assumed the OP had a direct motivation to write his essay.

I'll play it long enough to finish both sides of the story. So, I'll continue to play until I complete that. Once done, however, I will cancel and delete the game.

So, to answer your question:

Why continue to play? I want to see both sides of the story. Republic and Empire.

Then I'll be done with it as I am with any other RPG title. No sense in coming back unless they release an expansion or something.