The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A regular and more predictable rotation for CM items and flash sales

I am kind of thinking about this like Apex Predator Bonus Set (you can only buy from Kai Zykken on the fleet) - the pieces are not readily available but I believe there is at least a rough schedule when it rotates into his vendor list. It may take time to collect the 6 pieces but at least you know when to expect getting there.

Nathema Zealot's Armor Set is an example of a CM item there is a large demand for and players spend a ton of time spamming WTB on chat and checking GTN because there is no sense of when, if ever, it will come back to CM. In the meantime some players stockpile credits in hopes that someone will post willing to sell and have the billions it would take (which is ridiculous in itself). How does Bioware benefit from players being in limbo on future item availability?

I know this can drive players to buy Hypercrates, but most know the odds are thin of getting any one rare item even with multiple crates, so not sure how much that drives purchases volumes. It would seem that they could better influence overall player satisfaction and manage the in-game economy more effectively if they had a regular process of cycling in CM items not currently available on the CM.

Thoughts?

Edited by HypSpec

How does Bioware benefit from players being in limbo on future item availability?

I know this can drive players to buy Hypercrates,

Thoughts?

Asked and answered in the same sentence, having extremely hard to get stuff adds to people spending real money buying hypercrates, or other stuff, to sell on the gtn so they can either get it, or enough stuff to buy it. Was the same with the clandestine outfit, was gone for a while, prices went crazy, outfits were sold in parts, minimum price was 600 mill for the cheapest part, they were on the day sale once, smart people bought a few, then sold them. Eventually they popped back up on the market place, so now it's other rare and hard to get stuff.