Kai Zykken vs Spoils of War

karimthejedi

Hey guys,

Given that the SoW vendor for random items costs about 4-5 times less per item in tech frags for unidentified items than Zykken's roll, I was just wondering if that impacts chances of acquiring decent set bonus gear?

A guildie mentioned they got the Emergency Power set from the SoW vendor rather than Zykken, by obviously rolling on the relative slot (head, chest, etc).

I wanted to confirm if 1) that actually works for set bonus gear (as opposed to getting Onderonian stuff from SoW and 2) if that impacts the RNG as opposed to rolling from Zykken.

Cheers,

The chances of getting anything from the SoW vendor is so small as to be like winning the lotto. You are just as likely to get it from a renown box as from that vendor.

Unless you want to do Operations, Kai Zykken is still the best method to obtain gear that’s not at the normal vendors.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

the tacticals are a rather frustrating loot table bloat.

Everything, armour or tacticals or whatever, that isn't the BiS version of that slot is frustrating loot table bloat. Yesterday I got a piece of "The Entertainer"(1), ffs.

(1) No, not the one by Scott Joplin.

Kai opens on Thursdays at 8 pm Eastern Daylight Time and closes on Tuesdays at either midnight or 1 am Eastern Daylight Time (I can't recall which).

I became aware yesterday that people have tracked Kai's stock and it appears to be on a 52-week rotation, not truly random.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fRXQzeGyEK8tlY3Lpok8DzZoC6RBjoHqV2t56r2S-EA/edit#gid=853880831

I don't know how long this info has been out there, but I'm sharing it now. Unfortunately, this pretty much confirms Emergency Power is not part of his normal stock, despite the fact that it supposedly drops in Dxun story mode like the 8 others (see spoiler) launched with 6.0 proper.

Apex Predator, (of) Authority, (of) Culling Blade, Endless Offensive, (of) Flawless Riposte, Outlaw's Parlay, Rebuking Assault, Veteran Ranger

Kai opens on Thursdays at 8 pm Eastern Daylight Time and closes on Tuesdays at either midnight or 1 am Eastern Daylight Time (I can't recall which).

I became aware yesterday that people have tracked Kai's stock and it appears to be on a 52-week rotation, not truly random.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fRXQzeGyEK8tlY3Lpok8DzZoC6RBjoHqV2t56r2S-EA/edit#gid=853880831

I don't know how long this info has been out there, but I'm sharing it now. Unfortunately, this pretty much confirms Emergency Power is not part of his normal stock, despite the fact that it supposedly drops in Dxun story mode like the 8 others (see spoiler) launched with 6.0 proper.

Apex Predator, (of) Authority, (of) Culling Blade, Endless Offensive, (of) Flawless Riposte, Outlaw's Parlay, Rebuking Assault, Veteran Ranger

Yeah I found that out on Emergency Power as well. Thanks for sharing buddy!