Suggestion: Kick People Who Suicide x5+ In GSF

UlaVii

With GSF being a Priority Objective there has been another influx of people entering matches with no intention of playing. Some just idle at the base ships or fly around the edge of the map but others intentionally suicide to force the match to end quicker. This sucks as your team has no chance when one person kills themselves 30+ times. Please add a mechanic that will auto-kick anyone who suicides more than 5 times in a match and add the cooldown to prevent them re-queuing straight away.

With GSF being a Priority Objective there has been another influx of people entering matches with no intention of playing. Some just idle at the base ships or fly around the edge of the map but others intentionally suicide to force the match to end quicker. This sucks as your team has no chance when one person kills themselves 30+ times. Please add a mechanic that will auto-kick anyone who suicides more than 5 times in a match and add the cooldown to prevent them re-queuing straight away.

OR they could fix the underlying problem causing these people to enter pvp for Galactic Seasons Rewards. As long as you make people feel they have to do something, or because it is easier, instead of because they want to, the problem wont go away.

I mean how do you detect if a player flies around and doesn't help. A timer? What if they fire just every few seconds instead...etc etc....people will always find away....easier to just address the real issue don't you think?

Of course our DEVs / Overlords seem to have nothing to say on the issues, nor have they said much about the missing Season Rewards, or what's planned for 2021 or just June for that matter. Wasn't EA/BIO saying they were going to really focus on SWTOR ... HA

I mean how do you detect if a player flies around and doesn't help.

In my GSF-newb experience, I got the "you are not contributing" message a lot, just trying to get to the action. Surely there must be a kick-timer associated with that?

There is a difference between players trying to end a deathmatch quicker, and newbs crashing into stuff while trying to get familiar with the controls (caught myself trying to evade stuff by moving the mouse really hard, like I would with a joystick). You do want the later, right? Getting more players to play GSF also means there are going to be more inexperienced players in queue.

Maybe make crashes not count for the other team when the player wasn't engaged in combat?

Edited by Mubrak

OR they could fix the underlying problem causing these people to enter pvp for Galactic Seasons Rewards. As long as you make people feel they have to do something, or because it is easier, instead of because they want to, the problem wont go away.

SNIP

While I'm sure it's very frustrating to those that play and enjoy GSF I can't help but agree that this makes more sense than attempting to patch over the difficulties caused by the poor design decision. This is exactly the same as with Pierce / 4X during KotFE: people going into PVP with no intention of participating and just throwing the match - that caused a lot of problems at the time, so it's a pity to see it repeated.

While I will not play pvp or GSF because I hate them, I understand why some are doing this. Maybe if BW would give people more options instead of those always popping up then you wouldn't have a problem so instead of asking them to automatically kick someone, you should be requesting that BW allow more rerolls and options so they could actually choose a option they like to do.

How do you tell the difference between someone suiciding on purpose and a new person learning to fly but flying into stuff?

can i ask you to suggest maybe a other fix that will help more to deal with that problem in the GSF's and PVP's that there have now.

is not to ask to fix the GSF or the PVP but fix the Season missions more.

you can better ask to remove the 2 weekly and 2 daily season missions and chance it with the conquest daily missions and weekly missions there are now in the basic conquest system to add there season points.

then you fix the suicide's problems in GSF faster then adding a kick system to it.

since people that are doing it not wane play any GSF or PVP but are now force to do with the daily and weekly season missions.

so you can better fix it one time that you not get people in the lobby's that hate it but are force to do it now since the season points are not been added in the basic conquest daily's and weekly's

While I will not play pvp or GSF because I hate them, I understand why some are doing this. Maybe if BW would give people more options instead of those always popping up then you wouldn't have a problem so instead of asking them to automatically kick someone, you should be requesting that BW allow more rerolls and options so they could actually choose a option they like to do.

Part of the problem is the way the Daily POs are determined. GSF and PVP are popping a disproportionate number of times (add to that the number of broken "solo" dailies there have been so far). I played all seven days this week and got 7 GSF dailies, 5 PVP dailies, and 2 kill creatures dailies (before the rerolls). That has been a pretty consistent story for me from the start of GS. Either there is something wrong with the randomizer that decides what the dailies are or it is heavily weighted to PVP (space or ground).

It also doesn't help that the content these people used to play got nerfed into the ground by a GSF crusader and a anti-crafting crusading guild. GSF is currently worth an insane number of conquest points for the time expended. Flying five missions (which takes right around an hour) is worth somewhere north of 300,000 conquest points. I think the "throwing" matches issue is more related to conquest than to GS. You only need to "throw" one match per day to get your GS points and it takes multiple matches per day to rack up massive CQ points.

How do you tell the difference between someone suiciding on purpose and a new person learning to fly but flying into stuff?

It's pretty easy. You see the same people in multiple matches respawning and flying fast into the nearest large object. Their name keeps coming up in large red text on the top center of the screen and in chat 30+ times. At the end of the match you look at the scoreboard and see they did 0 shots, 0 damage and 30+ deaths.

It was a problem before the Priority Objectives arrived as some people were doing this to get their GSF achievements. It's gotten a lot more frequent due to the POs and CQ points. The only kick mechanism is a vote kick that only kicks in when someone has been inactive for several minutes. Most people are unaware it exists and it's very easy to reset to cancel the votes.

I think people should be able to pick the POs they want to do so they can focus on content they enjoy. Personally I would love to get GSF every day/week but for me it comes up rarely. Jealous of those who say they get it more than any other :)

I agree that the PO system can be improved but I find it sad so many people in this thread suggest there is nothing wrong with people spoiling the game for others because the system made them do it. That kind of mentality is used to explain a lot of appalling behavior in the world.

I agree that the PO system can be improved but I find it sad so many people in this thread suggest there is nothing wrong with people spoiling the game for others because the system made them do it. That kind of mentality is used to explain a lot of appalling behavior in the world.

what you ask is wrong that people are spoiling the game in PVP's and GSF's a lot but you need to understand good there are force to it with the PO system.

so what there do is there wane end it fast so there get there points fast so that there can play the content there wane play the most so yea it suxs for people like you to get teammate's that are doing it but you need to know that its not happing with GSF only its also happing in PVP and Operations that people that like it to do get teammate's that spoiling it for then.

in operations you get more people that have not the right gear for it or level but are force to it thanks to the PO system.

so thats why the PO system needs a big chance and something like adding season points to the basic daily and weekly conquest missions is something that will fix this problem good.

That^^

I can only speak for myself but my GSF stat lines look a lot like this 0 kills 5 Assists 15 Deaths, win or lose. I understand I'm not good but it is part of SWTOR for which I pay a subscription fee, regardless of how others feel about my abilities. GSF has been part of CQ points from the onset, GS is just CQ 2.0 atm. Everybody just needs to accept it. IMHO

Or BW stop forcing people to participate a 15+min drag of GSF?

Something that's CLEARLY not everyone's cup of tea? Some people simply hate/cant do flight simulator things.

I never did it myself but I admit it was a very tempting thought to make it end asap.

Now I just reroll whenever I get GSF in my PO

Or BW stop forcing people to participate a 15+min drag of GSF?

Something that's CLEARLY not everyone's cup of tea? Some people simply hate/cant do flight simulator things.

I never did it myself but I admit it was a very tempting thought to make it end asap.

Now I just reroll whenever I get GSF in my PO

or chance the PO system and remove what there are doing now?

not forget it has not only to do with daily PO's its also with weekly PO's and thats more worse then the daily's PO.

since the weekly PO's have only 4 missions you get and that are GSF,PVP,Veteran Mode Flashpoints and opperations.

so for somebody that wane compleet the weekly PO's but hate to do all 4 off then is more worse and choose to get GSF and PVP then opperations or Veteran Mode Flashpoints

so in the end the problem will still stay for the weekly PO's for people that like to do more heroic's or story content.

Better yet: let's kick all the people who don't like GSF from the game altogether, and the GSF players will be catered - once again - while everyone else gets the short end of the stick. Maybe that would finally make the gsf population happy, because it sure seems they still not are, not even after all the freebies they've been given like candy.

Better yet: let's kick all the people who don't like GSF from the game altogether, and the GSF players will be catered - once again - while everyone else gets the short end of the stick. Maybe that would finally make the gsf population happy, because it sure seems they still not are, not even after all the freebies they've been given like candy.

I'm not sure how you think my request that people who are suiciding through matches should be auto-kicked gives you the short end of the stick unless you're one of the people doing it, in which case, please stop spoiling matches.

I'm not sure how you think my request that people who are suiciding through matches should be auto-kicked gives you the short end of the stick unless you're one of the people doing it, in which case, please stop spoiling matches.

Other people already said what's wrong with your suggestion, I didn't want to repeat the same thing, but here we go:

There is no way to reliably tell who is doing it on purpose and who is just a newbie who doesn't know how to play. Even experienced players will end up crashing every now and then. GSF is full of people who don't know how to play it, yet they have to be there because GS. It's not their choice to be there, they hate it. And after all the campaigns by GSF players have had against other players to get their content nuker or nerfed, it is kinda bold to suggest that they are not even allowed in GSF if they don't know how to play it, or are not good enough for it by your standards.

For those who crash on purpose right at respawn, I can't blame them. They don't want to be there and the match will be over faster if they keep dying. I usually fly around and shoot if someone comes in range, but if someone shoots at me I will also crash the ship. I am going to die anyhow, so it won't matter if I die because I crash or because someone shot me. At least I'm denying them a kill point.

I don't know how to play GSF, and I'm not interested in learning, and that's mostly because of the group of people in the forums who are responsible for ruining my game with their demands. I'm there because I am forced to, and because it gives tons of more conquest points than anything else in the game - for free. I would much rather do conquest playing what I enjoy, but since GSF folks took care of getting everything else nuked, I have to get my points where I can.

If you guys are unhappy with how things are now, maybe you should campaign for balancing conquest back to what it was before all those nerfs, and for some flexibility in GS so that people who don't want to be there wouldn't have to.

Same thing with pvp. If I end up getting pvp match for a GS PO, I will go on a lowbie character with basically no abilities, and q at a time when it's most likely going to be arena. It's going to be over fast, and at least I can use my basic attack a couple of times against those lvl 74 players in premade group before I die. I used to like pvp, and I even have two characters at valor 100, so I know how to play, I just choose not to.

• 9 months later...
it seems that this suicide in GSF has come back agian and its getting really anoying to see 1 or 2 people suicide there self in the GSF bioware really needs to do something about this problem if there wane add it in the gelactc season challance's

• 2 weeks later...

Please do something about the people idling and suiciding through Starfighter matches. It's extremely selfish and puts people off queuing. Here's an example from tonight where one person does 24 suicides leading to most of the team leaving.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/1034380/original.jpg

There are several people who regularly do this to get multiple dailies and weeklies completed. In domination matches they just go idle so your team is at a disadvantage. When they see the AFK kick option show up next to their name they suicide to reset it. Reporting does nothing as they are still here doing it again and again. I have some lo-fi suggestions that will make a big difference.

Suiciding

Auto-kick people from matches if they suicide more than 5 times. It won't stop all trolling from suiciders but it will take the point out for the majority who are doing it to farm gear. It can show a warning on screen after the 3rd death so they are reminded to be more careful.

AFKing

Currently the AFK vote kick button only shows up once someone has been AFK long enough to trigger it. It takes more than one vote to remove the inactive player from the match even though most people don't know the option is there. By the time you finish explaining it in /ops chat the AFKer has already reset the timer and the button's gone. I suggest removing the vote kick altogether. Stop deaths and anything similarly exploitable from resetting the AFK timer and auto-kick 1 minute after they get the first AFK warning text.

Please do something about the people idling and suiciding through Starfighter matches. It's extremely selfish and puts people off queuing. Here's an example from tonight where one person does 24 suicides leading to most of the team leaving.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/1034380/original.jpg

There are several people who regularly do this to get multiple dailies and weeklies completed. In domination matches they just go idle so your team is at a disadvantage. When they see the AFK kick option show up next to their name they suicide to reset it. Reporting does nothing as they are still here doing it again and again. I have some lo-fi suggestions that will make a big difference.

Suiciding

Auto-kick people from matches if they suicide more than 5 times. It won't stop all trolling from suiciders but it will take the point out for the majority who are doing it to farm gear. It can show a warning on screen after the 3rd death so they are reminded to be more careful.

AFKing

Currently the AFK vote kick button only shows up once someone has been AFK long enough to trigger it. It takes more than one vote to remove the inactive player from the match even though most people don't know the option is there. By the time you finish explaining it in /ops chat the AFKer has already reset the timer and the button's gone. I suggest removing the vote kick altogether. Stop deaths and anything similarly exploitable from resetting the AFK timer and auto-kick 1 minute after they get the first AFK warning text.

Why should I get kicked for ‘suiciding’ 5 times. I had a match today where I suicided 6 times. Most of them were from me trying to not get hit by a middle lock and two were from me not judging correctly and accidentally getting myself into a situation where I didn’t have time to turn away. I’d be pissed if I got kicked when I was trying to help win and got kicked for it.

Of course our DEVs / Overlords seem to have nothing to say on the issues, nor have they said much about the missing Season Rewards, or what's planned for 2021 or just June for that matter. Wasn't EA/BIO saying they were going to really focus on SWTOR ... HA

Bingo.

Weekly heroic tech frag earning rate: ~100 / hour

GSF tech frag earning rate: ~2,000 - 3,000 / hour

That's the problem. Not people desperately doing anything they can to fumble their way through GSF matches they actually don't want to play.

The reward structure of this gear system is horrific.

The problem is the garbage 7.0 gear system, not your fellow players struggling to get by.

Why should I get kicked for ‘suiciding’ 5 times. I had a match today where I suicided 6 times. Most of them were from me trying to not get hit by a middle lock and two were from me not judging correctly and accidentally getting myself into a situation where I didn’t have time to turn away. I’d be pissed if I got kicked when I was trying to help win and got kicked for it.

Because matches are ruined for everyone else by people who are intentionally and repeatedly suiciding to end things. If you're regularly suiciding as much as you say then that means you are giving the enemy over 10% of the 50 kills they need in each deathmatch. You should try not to help them so much ;)

Think of a GSF match as a single raid boss. Each has clearly defined mechanics to win; capture/keep control points and kill enemies. If the devs found out that players could beat the boss and get the loot by simply standing on the spawn point or by repeatedly respawning and suiciding into the jaws of the bridge boss then it would be fixed.