This is NOT the launch

Ani-waya

As I am very aware of the fact "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" let this be left as a desperate attempt of reminder.

No matter how ignorant it doesnt have to make one act stupid and presenting their view as absolute truth.

This is not the launch of SWTOR, this is refered to be as "early access" (Read: Point of no return, open beta, last change to fix whats broken, masses of guinea-pigs for slaughter.) to possible reward those who preordered, with the other extra encouragements.

All who have experienced early access in mmo's knows this to be true, and freaking out about it doesnt make you any better off, quite the opposite. Stop acting stupid.

May the force be with you. :csw_yoda:

As I am very aware of the fact "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" let this be left as a desperate attempt of reminder.

No matter how ignorant it doesnt have to make one act stupid and presenting their view as absolute truth.

This is not the launch of SWTOR, this is refered to be as "early access" (Read: Point of no return, open beta, last change to fix whats broken, masses of guinea-pigs for slaughter.) to possible reward those who preordered, with the other extra encouragements.

All who have experienced early access in mmo's knows this to be true, and freaking out about it doesnt make you any better off, quite the opposite. Stop acting stupid.

Now I am truly convinced. What an insightful thread.

It's almost like I've seen it a million times over. Dejavu.

Please OP, tell me more.

Edited by antiviolence

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game. We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game. Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be With You!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

Get your nose out of their *** and wash your face. You have brown all over it and you smell terrible.

Lol genius. You think this is Open Beta and not launch? So those lvl 50s at "official launch" ganking on PvP servers won't exist either? Stop pretending this isn't launch when Bioware even says it is. Game = Live ==> Launched

Please. This is launch and everyone else is waiting. I'm fine with early access, but 7 days with this much level of separation is WAY too much.

This is the launch. Don't let the shortsighted who can't see past their own feet tell you otherwise.

server up to a week old

names taken

lvl 50's..

Does not sound like launch to me know matter how hard you or they try to spin it as such. The 13th is launch end of story.

Edited by Dizkazk

I don't understand why so many people are upset. I'm GLAD they are staggering the launch. How many MMOs have utterly failed in their opening weeks (Even blizzard failed hard with WoW for the first few months if not year) because they just threw open the doors and let everyone run in at once, over load the servers, create massive ungodly lag and just downright clog up the lower level areas because 10,000 people are trying to kill boars at the same time?

I love the fact they are trying to help ease this flood by slowly opening the doors letting some people in at a time, something which you rarely, if ever, see in an MMO (I seriously can't think of one).

the game has launched

the ship has sailed

and i missed the train

no matter, what day i can get in now.

ofcause i hope im early in, but the magical launch hype is over, it starte today here in germany at 13:00 and is slowly fading out this hours.

it was fun to read the forums, we gonna meet ingame one day.

cheers ^^

"Up to 5 days before" And dont tell you are ignorant of the fact that its stagged and has been as such since that sentence appeared on their website!?

before RELEASE.. not launch.

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

If you think being sold "early access" as if BioWare is doing you some sort of favor, and that BioWare THEMSELVES doesn't look at TODAY as the actual launch of the game, you are far more ignorant and silly than anyone else.

I've got a car I'd love to sell you. It's worth over $100,000. I'll sell it to you for $30,000 though.

You're getting a big bonus there, cause I said it was worth $100,000 (Dec 20th), but I'll give it to you for $30,000 (Dec. 13th).

There, I even put a basic marketing strategy into a 3rd grade analogy for you.

Quit being so naive. "Ignorance is bliss" though, right?

If you think being sold "early access" as if BioWare is doing you some sort of favor, and that BioWare THEMSELVES doesn't look at TODAY as the actual launch of the game, you are far more ignorant and silly than anyone else.

I've got a car I'd love to sell you. It's worth over $100,000. I'll sell it to you for $30,000 though.

You're getting a big bonus there, cause I said it was worth $100,000 (Dec 20th), but I'll give it to you for $30,000 (Dec. 13th).

There, I even put a basic marketing strategy into a 3rd grade analogy for you.

Quit being so naive. "Ignorance is bliss" though, right?

You paid extra 5 bucks for the extra crap that comes with the pre-order, ingame items and all, if cancelled. If that warrants you to act like an ***, more power to you son.

Edited by Ani-waya

You paid extra 5 bucks for the extra crap that comes with the pre-order, ingame items and all. If that warrants you to act like an ***, more power to you son.

You don't pay extra for a Pre-order. That $5 gets taken out of the total cost of the game. You realy aren't helping yourself on the intelligence front here.

You paid extra 5 bucks for the extra crap that comes with the pre-order, ingame items and all. If that warrants you to act like an ***, more power to you son.

Wow and you STILL missed the point of what I was trying to say. And I like just because your horrible and poorly-constructed argument got countered with logic and reason, you throw out personal insults. A true sign of intellect and maturity.

I believe, Mr. Pot, you have a kettle somewhere that needs to be called black.