Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

Operatives are not OP - yes they have immense burst and if they OPEN on you they will most likely win in a 1 on 1. but after that if you survive and especially in group pvp this alevates realy quickly. In contrast the real big dps currently comes from all those troopers and bounty hunters which is ridicolous!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operatives are not OP - yes they have immense burst and if they OPEN on you they will most likely win in a 1 on 1. but after that if you survive and especially in group pvp this alevates realy quickly. In contrast the real big dps currently comes from all those troopers and bounty hunters which is ridicolous!

I see comments like this all the time. The BHs and Troopers are not bursting anyone down like OP/Scoundrels are. They are doing a moderate amount of AOE dps that looks FANCY on the warzone scoreboard at the end of the match. In the end they weren't killing anyone in 5 seconds.

I like this comment.

Any class played properly all of a sudden makes then Overpowered.

I've only noticed that Sorcerers deal a lot of dmg and have that annoying heal, but that's how they are made :D

In what way are Sorcerers dealing "a lot of damage" ? you must be thinkng of SUSTAINED damage, not burst, since the only "Burst" sorcerers has, is when we proc Chain lightning from force lignthing, and that combo is maby 4-5k if you take the full duration of Force lightning, so what is "a lot of damage" ?

Scoundrels might not be able to do sustained damage, but they do kill anyone they target in my experience. Not like they build up their damage over time, they do it in a few gcd's

Edited by Miothan

I see comments like this all the time. The BHs and Troopers are not bursting anyone down like OP/Scoundrels are. They are doing a moderate amount of AOE dps that looks FANCY on the warzone scoreboard at the end of the match. In the end they weren't killing anyone in 5 seconds.

Call me in when it comes to toning down OPs/Scoundrels. Having a burst class is ok, when that class however can kill you in 3-5 sceonds even without buffs is beyond absurd and pretty much negates even gearing up for the purpose of surviving said burst.

I am pretty sure that Bioware will do something against it, but i guess it will take quite a while since pvp is a minor issue for pretty much all MMOs except those that advertise for pvp.

Of course no one ever admits that his/her class might be overpowered since they are having fun the way it is. Always the same, did not change in a decade and will never change.

Balance fixes will come in a couple of month, maybe too late when pvpers will jump the GW2 ship.

Had enough occasions where Scoundrels would use their opener on me and 70% of my hp just went down the toilet, of course if you got even the slightest delay in counteracting, your are simply dead (like static barrier does not trigger since you just casted and game delay wont allow you to cast static barrier instantly).

lol you met some bad BH, they can burst someone down in3-4 like any scoud/ops if they trinket up and use bio chem like us..

almost any DD can, scoundrels just get that extra stun so he cant counter aswell.

Once Operatives are out of stealth they're no threat.. actually when any class has a clear jump on you when can they not 1v1 you? I guess I understand open world PvP, but when you see your teammate Sorc or other squish getting pummeled by an Operative, peel him off focus him for .5 seconds and mash him.. what's the problem here? Blame your team for letting Operatives run wild in Warzones and it's GG.

lol you met some bad BH, they can burst someone down in3-4 like any scoud/ops if they trinket up and use bio chem like us..

almost any DD can, scoundrels just get that extra stun so he cant counter aswell.

Your comments does not match the current state of PvP in Warzones, show some Youtube of 50 vs. 50 of a BH doing the same damage as Scoundrel before you try to raise your "Dont nerf SCoundrel" flag.

Or any prof at all would suffice, but i guess there isnt any, since BH's do not burst you down in seconds.

I am not one to say nerf this, nerf that.

I love PvP. I love fair and balanced PvP.

I just watched my lvl 50 sorc healer, 16k+ health (17k with BH buff) get murked in the time it took for the knockdown and sluggish animation of my getting back up on my feet to wear off.

Ops/Scoundrels deserve to get nerfed. As does BioChem. Any consumables that are no given from the vendor need to have a pvp nerf applied so as to bring it in-line.

EVEN IF you get a scoundrel or op down or stun them out of stealth after their opener on you; unless you are another op burst op/scoundrel or have 5 other people around you, you are going to die. They will heal through any dmg you give them with their god dam prototype medpac, which will even heal crit thanks to all of the other consumables they're using.

They SHOULD NOT be able to kill someone within the knockdown animation.

They SHOULD NOT be able to bring someone to 10% hp within the knockdown animation.

THEY SHOULD NOT be able to bring a 16k+ health lvl 50 under 50% within ONE KNOCKDOWN ANIMATION.

Fix this **** - and fast.

Edited by Darth_Eclipses

Anyone that calls "nerf" for any class is just a poor player. Yea, I get killed too, but you don't see me screaming nerf for any class. I want to get my shot in at the dead horse, too. "l2p"

Yea, obviously a case of "l2p" even tho they kill you in a stun even if you use the stun breaker....

I am not one to say nerf this, nerf that.

I love PvP. I love fair and balanced PvP.

I just watched my lvl 50 sorc healer, 16k+ health (17k with BH buff) get murked in the time it took for the knockdown and sluggish animation of my getting back up on my feet to wear off.

Ops/Scoundrels deserve to get nerfed. As does BioChem. Any consumables that are no given from the vendor need to have a pvp nerf applied so as to bring it in-line.

EVEN IF you get a scoundrel or op down or stun them out of stealth after their opener on you; unless you are another op burst op/scoundrel or have 5 other people around you, you are going to die. They will heal through any dmg you give them with their god dam prototype medpac, which will even heal crit thanks to all of the other consumables they're using.

They SHOULD NOT be able to kill someone within the knockdown animation.

They SHOULD NOT be able to bring someone to 10% hp within the knockdown animation.

THEY SHOULD NOT be able to bring a 16k+ health lvl 50 under 50% within ONE KNOCKDOWN ANIMATION.

Fix this **** - and fast.

Can't you use the medpacks, and consumables too or are they scoundrel/operative only?

I have not see a consumable yet that said it was for a scoundrel/operative only.

Would it be more fair if you only took say 50% of your health during the knockdown, then were able to lightning the scoundrel to death from full health to 0 before he could finish you off?

You wan't to win every fight even if someone else gets the jump on you?

I wan't to stun people with electricity and twice in a row and kill them from 30m away.

I'd like to force jump from the basement up to the top ramp in hutball.

I'd like to force run through the fire and not take any damage.

I'd like to fire missles over and over that never seem to miss and do a ton of damage.

I'd like to choke someone in the acid or fire so they die almost instantly.

I'd like to yank someone down from the top ramp into the acid so they die.

I'd like to force push someone off away from the goal line and into the basement and laugh that they can't score.

I'd like to force sprint to the health powerup just to keep my target from getting it.

Every class is over powered in one way or another.

My BH does not have a problem with scoundrels or OPs. Only high expertise ones. Expertise is the issue, not a squishy class that uses the same consumables and same medpacks that I use.

Your comments does not match the current state of PvP in Warzones, show some Youtube of 50 vs. 50 of a BH doing the same damage as Scoundrel before you try to raise your "Dont nerf SCoundrel" flag.

Or any prof at all would suffice, but i guess there isnt any, since BH's do not burst you down in seconds.

Shazam.

Kills a 47, and then a 50, within 14 seconds.

Edited by WGXH

i don't really think they are OP. sure, a level 50, if he crits a backstab and the rest of his routine on me, will decimate me as i'm only level 39. however, i deserve it! the only times i ever have this done to me are when i'm derping around solo on a wz, and not staying with my team. because if i was with my team, and the operative tried to do his classic maneuver, he would get steamrolled very quickly.

jk, nerf everything.

Those who play sorcerers/sages and think that a rogue class should not kill them fast are beyond help..clearly they never played any other mmos. As for scoundrels/operatives being overpowered, jedi guardians/juggs do 9k damage with an AOE. How about them apples.

I will agree with this thread. I am currently playing a 50 Sorcerer heal spec. It is impossible for me to heal through the damage they can output solo. They wont even interrupt my casts, simply stun and power through all my bubbles and heals. I don't think that healers should be immortal at all, but at least give me a fighting chance.

I may be able to get away with a electrocute, force speed away, but if those arent up, and I try to stand my ground, I will die at the hands of an operative/scoundrel. From my point of view, which is limited to this class atm, they either need to tone down the damage, or give a slight buff to healers. I should be able to keep up single targets against other single targets with no cc or interupts on me. Just sayin.

^^^ As it should be dumb - *** - So you think you should be able to heal through a burst DPSes damage? Then you would be WAY OP - then all healers would be OP - they are meant to kill healers like you - get used to it

Edited by Torn

There are several things you need to consider here. Are we talking open world PvP or are we talking about Warzones? Are you geared? Are they geared? Did you even consider using the CC breaker? Are they stacking multiple expertise buffs? etc...

Every MMO I've played, people are quick to say nerf a paticular class because they're not on top of the food chain.

Why not research that class, see their weaknesses. Play the class and see for yourself what makes them tick.

Can't you use the medpacks, and consumables too or are they scoundrel/operative only?

I have not see a consumable yet that said it was for a scoundrel/operative only.

Would it be more fair if you only took say 50% of your health during the knockdown, then were able to lightning the scoundrel to death from full health to 0 before he could finish you off?

You wan't to win every fight even if someone else gets the jump on you?

I wan't to stun people with electricity and twice in a row and kill them from 30m away.

I'd like to force jump from the basement up to the top ramp in hutball.

I'd like to force run through the fire and not take any damage.

I'd like to fire missles over and over that never seem to miss and do a ton of damage.

I'd like to choke someone in the acid or fire so they die almost instantly.

I'd like to yank someone down from the top ramp into the acid so they die.

I'd like to force push someone off away from the goal line and into the basement and laugh that they can't score.

I'd like to force sprint to the health powerup just to keep my target from getting it.

Every class is over powered in one way or another.

My BH does not have a problem with scoundrels or OPs. Only high expertise ones. Expertise is the issue, not a squishy class that uses the same consumables and same medpacks that I use.

Most of the things you listed are just gimic things, and only works in huttball anyway.....

And i dont see how being able to Choose when and where to attack yourm target and then kill it in a knockdown would NOT be OP, explain that.

And also, you say its high expertise, but thats not the problem, i have 8% exp, and i still die in the knockdown duration from Scoundrels, no other class in a Warzone can kill me that fast or Solo for that matter, since i am a healer and i know how to run away if im getting pounded, but i dont get the chance to run away from a Scoundrel cause they burst me down before i can even run.

Most of the things you listed are just gimic things, and only works in huttball anyway.....

And i dont see how being able to Choose when and where to attack yourm target and then kill it in a knockdown would NOT be OP, explain that.

And also, you say its high expertise, but thats not the problem, i have 8% exp, and i still die in the knockdown duration from Scoundrels, no other class in a Warzone can kill me that fast or Solo for that matter, since i am a healer and i know how to run away if im getting pounded, but i dont get the chance to run away from a Scoundrel cause they burst me down before i can even run.

So you said no other class can kill you solo, and yet scoundrels are oped right?