There's a lot that should change in this game.

xdjinn

My 1st game was MxO. You had to loot keys of specific mobs to 'turn off' access nodes. There was a certain amount of RNG but I made it worse by junking these keys because I didn't understand their worth. I used to have to talk to Seraph and then run across 'town' to talk to him again. (why couldn't he tell me everything at once?) :D

Its just the nature of MMOs in general. But if I throw away keys or I reset a quest and thereby wasted some time, that's on me. I agree there is a lot that should change, but in my opinion the OP hasn't touched on those,

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, you're unhappy, if they changed everything to what you want, you really think the whole 100% of other players will be happy? How many of them will want to then unsub if everything changed to how you want it?

No one can make you like a game, if you are unhappy with it, there are other games out there. No game will ever suit everyone, if you do indeed unsub, then I hope yopu find a game that does make you happy.

Hey there op,

I understand if not all, some of the points you make, like the economy-related rant. I've also had an on-off relationship with the game throughout its history, and for players like us who dont play every day for years, but instead play for a few months here and there, it's impossible to keep up with the economy. I've just come back from a break that lasted more than a year and a half. Some well-known items were 60-80 million credits in the GTN when i left, now those same items are worth hundreds of millions. Honestly i dont know what happened while i was away, but the game's economy is definitely not looking good, and for casual players like us it's simply unaffordable to the point that you can (and should) completely ignore the GTN altogether and buy stuff directly off the CM if you wish to.

Still, the game offers a lot of content for the sub i pay, even if it has evolved into space barbie, which it has, actually. I also agree on the quality of the content drastically dropping after the vanilla stories (and i mean absolutely plummeting), yet i've finished 5 out of the 8 vanilla stories, currently playing the 6th one, and i feel like there still a metric ton of content ahead of me to play.

It all boils down to whether or not you enjoy the game as it is: it's a single player space-barbie game that may or may not include roleplaying, and may or may not include group content such as pvp, depending on your preferences. In my case, i truly enjoy dressing my toons up the exact way i want to (and i mean the whole thing, 3-4 outfits for different weather and contexts, proper pets and weapons, other customization options like flairs and titles, and properly dressed companions too), playing the missions and stories, listening to the conversations and voice-acting, and generally exploring and getting lost in the forests, swamps, deserts and city suburbs in this huge galaxy while i cross paths with other players.

That's what the game is right now. It's up to you to decide if you take it as is or not. Reflect on what the game offers and decide if it suits you, if the answer is no, well then you best leave, yes.

Edited by DeVanagloris

• 1 month later...
Hey there op,

I understand if not all, some of the points you make, like the economy-related rant. I've also had an on-off relationship with the game throughout its history, and for players like us who dont play every day for years, but instead play for a few months here and there, it's impossible to keep up with the economy. I've just come back from a break that lasted more than a year and a half. Some well-known items were 60-80 million credits in the GTN when i left, now those same items are worth hundreds of millions. Honestly i dont know what happened while i was away, but the game's economy is definitely not looking good, and for casual players like us it's simply unaffordable to the point that you can (and should) completely ignore the GTN altogether and buy stuff directly off the CM if you wish to.

Still, the game offers a lot of content for the sub i pay, even if it has evolved into space barbie, which it has, actually. I also agree on the quality of the content drastically dropping after the vanilla stories (and i mean absolutely plummeting), yet i've finished 5 out of the 8 vanilla stories, currently playing the 6th one, and i feel like there still a metric ton of content ahead of me to play.

It all boils down to whether or not you enjoy the game as it is: it's a single player space-barbie game that may or may not include roleplaying, and may or may not include group content such as pvp, depending on your preferences. In my case, i truly enjoy dressing my toons up the exact way i want to (and i mean the whole thing, 3-4 outfits for different weather and contexts, proper pets and weapons, other customization options like flairs and titles, and properly dressed companions too), playing the missions and stories, listening to the conversations and voice-acting, and generally exploring and getting lost in the forests, swamps, deserts and city suburbs in this huge galaxy while i cross paths with other players.

That's what the game is right now. It's up to you to decide if you take it as is or not. Reflect on what the game offers and decide if it suits you, if the answer is no, well then you best leave, yes.

In the end I did manage to finish all grunts achievements that week, and it was tiring, game's mechanics are leaning towards forcing us to glue faces to the computer screen for long periods of time, all while time-gating forcing longer sub time-spans. It's that logic: Create a problem to sell the solution. Not good, very unethical, and makes me feel like they think we are all idiots.

For a space barbie the game's quite expensive, CC is very overpriced for what it is considering how much CC it costs to buy certain cosmetics. Your example, for instance, let's say I wanna do a trooper with a nice weapon and weather themed outfits. Each base outfit costs 1440 CC if I'm not mistaken, so u wanna do weather variation + the base outfit, that means u are at least bound to spending 3x 1440 CC IF you do not include any of the more expensive sets into the combination. That's 4320 CC into the drain, meaning you are already bound to buy at least one 5500CC pack.

Fast forward, u gonna need a befitting weapon, if the newer ones, those can go alone for 4800 CC, another 5500 CC pack. Now mounts: If newer mounts with better textures, 1500 CC, ok, u got that covered with your double pack purchase, now you have 380 spare CC. But if u wanna go further and make a mount for each zone, there u go for more and more packs of CC. And that if everything you want is available currently in the CM, because a lot of stuff isn't, in that case u gonna need either credits or, as you've suggested, buy "directly", meaning loot boxes. Gamble away on Ultimate Packs or go nuts on Hypercrate, if Hypercrate there goes another 5500 CC pack.

In the end, to play a game that is currently subpar on most aspects, 120 USD + subscription. I'd say it's overpriced as hell xD

So yeah, I do manage because I'm not dumb, made credits selling CM purchase, started using credits to buy barbie stuff to look phabulous, am managing smart farming alongside GTN playing, still I don't want to invest more than my initial 5500 CC pack purchase to make a buck in-game, and I already am facing a wall on certain items I'd like to acquire due to ridiculously overpriced tags in my sv for them, one would be the "Bogus" lightsaber, which's not going under 650mil on the GTN, def. not worth the price and amount of farm required to get there. Although if I was willing to spend a fortune to flip into Credits, I could be sitting on billions rn with what I've learned from playing the GTN, or I could turn SWTOR into a half-time job and farm my way to do that, it's insane. Than there are CC charges that are very absurd, like having to give CC for changing a toon's hair, beard, or tattoos/makeup.

Anyway, that's about it. I'm still unsure if I wanna continue paying, but so far I'm still going forward, I think it's been 3 months sub this time, but I do believe the main reason is that Games in general have been really bad for the past decade, so there are no titles I'm feeling like playing.

RE: Decorations

There is actually a lot of these in game. Running flashpoints is where most are at and you can get them from any difficulty including story mode.

There is also a few that are world drops but you have to look more closely on where they are for these (Ossuss is 1 planet with quite a few). Theres also about 4 decoration vendors on the fleet, that take credits and/or crafted items and every reputation vendor has a set of decors. In addition to that - evrry mini pet and mount and companion are also placeable as decor.

I have very few cartel market decos yet have a couple of strongholds that are 60 - 74% complete.

They're out there, you just gotta find them.

Edited by Suzsi

RE: Decorations

There is actually a lot of these in game. Running flashpoints is where most are at and you can get them from any difficulty including story mode.

There is also a few that are world drops but you have to look more closely on where they are for these (Ossuss is 1 planet with quite a few). Theres also about 4 decoration vendors on the fleet, that take credits and/or crafted items and every reputation vendor has a set of decors. In addition to that - evrry mini pet and mount and companion are also placeable as decor.

I have very few cartel market decos yet have a couple of strongholds that are 60 - 74% complete.

They're out there, you just gotta find them.

I have 0 CM decos, have 4 SHs that are 100% done. To add to your list, there are also trophies from FPs/Ops, from each tier, so SM, Vet mode and MM.

I have 0 CM decos, have 4 SHs that are 100% done. To add to your list, there are also trophies from FPs/Ops, from each tier, so SM, Vet mode and MM.

Yeah, I haven't specifically gone after any of the reps for those decors or done Ops.

Did farm the Copero and Star Fortress decos for a bit (even earned some creds from Star Fortress decos back in the day!). Copero has some of my favs.

RE: Deco people

If I am to be honest here, 99% of the 100% SHs I've visited look like ballz... It's quite easy to get to 100% if I spam boxes everywhere, for instance. Most of the best looking SHs sit around 70% to 90% completion because adding more would make them look ballz...

To do decent decorations one must spend on CM exclusive items, either by credits or by CC purchases, regardless, there's a LOT of pay-walled content when it comes to decos, barbie dresses, and more interesting weapons... Hell, almost all vanilla (non CC accessible) stuff has decade old low res textures, over-saturated colors, and many dye really really poorly. Though the greatest insult is having basic "non-colors" costing a fortune in CC (Black and Black, White and White, Black and White, etc)

Edited by xdjinn

RE: Deco people

If I am to be honest here, 99% of the 100% SHs I've visited look like ballz... It's quite easy to get to 100% if I spam boxes everywhere, for instance. Most of the best looking SHs sit around 70% to 90% completion because adding more would make them look ballz...

To do decent decorations one must spend on CM exclusive items, either by credits or by CC purchases, regardless, there's a LOT of pay-walled content when it comes to decos, barbie dresses, and more interesting weapons... Hell, almost all vanilla (non CC accessible) stuff has decade old low res textures, over-saturated colors, and many dye really really poorly. Though the greatest insult is having basic "non-colors" costing a fortune in CC (Black and Black, White and White, Black and White, etc)

I personally love my strongholds.

On Yavin i have different rooms setup, ones a quiet reflexion room - mostly copero decos, the main room is mostly Jedi stuff with a couple of research tables (plenty of jedi world drops around), another rooms setup as KotFE Skytrooper research room (star fortress deco drops). Then theres one bedeoom. Outside is all plants, gardens and animals with an outdoor eatery. The small rooms outside ones a bunkhouse (star fortress bunk beds + general vendor decos) and the other a medical center (Not sure where the med consoles or medical bed came from).

I don't have many cartel decors. Worked with what I did have.

Entirely possible to get a decent setup, without spending big. I dont have big to spend. Mines at 74% because I dont generally add things that dont 'fit' with the decor. As new rep vendors, fps etc are added that do fit it increases.

Occationally I'll add something from the CM with my monthly 500cc that also fits, with 6yrs of subbing though that does add up if you don't spend it on packs etc.

Edited by Suzsi

stopped reading to comment on this: you're playing a subscription-based MMORPG. the entire purpose of those limits is to string-out how long it takes to progress rep status, thus keep you subscribed. I'm pretty sure shrinking or eliminating those time gates is a non-starter. they want you to come back week to week. they don't want you to max rep in one event.

iunno. that's just basic subscription-based rep grind. I don't think you've presented any motivation for them to change it.

The moment I see a deliberate slow-down of progression, or X content gated behind Y content (anything gated behind PvP or Raids) I want to unsub. There's absolutely no reason Crafting Mats should be gated by anything at all for example.

The way to make that "less popular" content more popular is to make changes to it so people like doing it; not by gating "more popular" content behind it.

Far too many game project managers (usually ones with "financial" backgrounds, rather than game content creation backgrounds) think this "stretching of content" incentivises people to stick around and sub for longer; ALL of the evidence shows it doesn't.

When this game started there were close on 200 servers; there's now 5!

At some point, someone high enough up the food chain is going to realise that a lot of that loss is down to bad project management decisions.

And artificially extending grinds in the hope players play more is nearly always a bad project management decision.

All The Best

To add in the extreme RNG here....i still have yet to get that last named droid cheevo on Ziost. How long ago did that planet come out? Yea, ive been trying that long and still dont have it to this day.

Which one is that? I don't offhand recall a Ziost achievement dependent on RNG.

Which one is that? I don't offhand recall a Ziost achievement dependent on RNG.

There are, I think, 4 Champ droids that can spawn when you're gathering the intel from the crashed probe droids in Ziost V2. You can randomly get just the drop, an Elite rank droid, or a Champ.

OK, I was wondering about the <pre-event> Ziost. The <post-event> Ziost dailies can be done once a day by every character on a legacy. So, it should be easy enough to get the droid achievement. I know it's easy for me to say as I finished that achievement.

How many droids did you defeat so far?

OK, I was wondering about the <pre-event> Ziost. The <post-event> Ziost dailies can be done once a day by every character on a legacy. So, it should be easy enough to get the droid achievement. I know it's easy for me to say as I finished that achievement.

Good question. I'm just observing your discussion, have no idea what that achievement is about.

-----

Small update to the whole thing:

I've decided, stupidly if you ask me, to try Ranked PvP. After 3 months of sub, I am coming to the conclusion that this game has nothing good in it besides space barbie and doing class stories. KotFE and KotET have horrendous writing, the whole lore of SWTOR doesn't fit Star Wars (I mean, there's more tech in SWTOR than all the films combined, only SWTOR is supposed to take place over THREE THOUSAND YEARS BEFORE, how does that work?) And Ranked Community is beyond toxic, that thing is a cesspool of insults and immaturity. I can't find people to do Master OPS, and I'm tired of being gated from farming rep so I can focus on other fields of that game that could be of interest to me.

I'll admit that for 2 months what kept me in the game was the guild I'm in, but now my guild is practically dead, it's a ghost-town, and we never got the form groups for ops nor anything. And possible guilds to join up that do real end-game content have either closed groups within the guild or are filled with toxic players. Though players are not something that BW controls, so it's a moot complain more about the community than the game itself.

But I digress, getting back into PvP topic, there's a really non-sense bias towards certain class and specs, first time I played SWTOR many years ago, Conc. OPs were Overpowered in PvP, last time I left the game, Conc OPs were Overpowered in PvP, I got back 3 months ago, Conc. OPs are Overpowered in PvP. and all ranged classes have huge advantage because all are equipped with escapes and they can just DPS u by clicking buttons in many of the arena maps due to lack of obstacles, so LOS sometimes is simply impossible. I do know I could run Conc OPs, but I'm playing SW MMO for glowing sticks, not a giggling fanfic class that eats force-sensitives for breakfast using a SHIV against LIGHTSABERS, or worse, punches on Rep side. I'm slowly growing tired of the low-level writing (since KotFE it's plain absurd, but it was already bad since the 1st expansion), poor mechanics, gated content, PvP unbalance, toxicity, I mean, the points keep adding up for me to steer clear from this game, in a way finishing to put me off Star Wars entirely, because I was already very distant from the entire franchise since TFA, idk...

Edited by xdjinn

Dear OP, yes you nailed a few things, this game is indeed mainly for veteran players that have a solid foothold in the game already. Yes storywise only vanilla is good, the rest is just there so that EA can milk more money out etc.

In the end your main problem was the achievement for BBA? Lack of credits due to inflation? Well as an achievement hunter I did the same as u, kept reseting till i got what i wanted. It was still better than to mindlessly grind it each day in hopes of getting what u want. Believe me it gets MUCH worse as the main task of the developers is to create content which forces players to play long and stay subbed. Of course only up to the point where they simply say: Fck this!

Yes the RNG sucks, reputation cap sucks etc but in the end u have 3 choices. You can keep complaining in hopes they will change it (this does work sometimes). You can just go with it until u get what u want. Lastly you can quit!

Dear OP, yes you nailed a few things, this game is indeed mainly for veteran players that have a solid foothold in the game already. Yes storywise only vanilla is good, the rest is just there so that EA can milk more money out etc.

In the end your main problem was the achievement for BBA? Lack of credits due to inflation? Well as an achievement hunter I did the same as u, kept reseting till i got what i wanted. It was still better than to mindlessly grind it each day in hopes of getting what u want. Believe me it gets MUCH worse as the main task of the developers is to create content which forces players to play long and stay subbed. Of course only up to the point where they simply say: Fck this!

Yes the RNG sucks, reputation cap sucks etc but in the end u have 3 choices. You can keep complaining in hopes they will change it (this does work sometimes). You can just go with it until u get what u want. Lastly you can quit!

Yeah, work with what u get in a way. Thing is the game is offering very little rewarding experiences in general, everything's about time-gating, and even worse, content-gating (OEM RPM are two great examples). What I said about the rep caps is what annoys me the most on PvE because it would be a nice change to manage to farm for Decorations and build RP leaning SHs, maybe use those for real RPing at some point. I've managed to make 400mil in 2 weeks by doing smart farming, and I'm feeling off on spending it because of the sheer amount of work to get there, the fact that part of it is pure luck, and that it's really hard to see your creds wasted on gear you're not even sure you're ever going to use (talking abount purple augs, Force Bound set, basically the expensive utility gear). I can't get into ranked, not sure I want to (the only thing I want is that black silver crystal which's quite "cheap"), then there are the Mater OPS, of which I can't seem to find ppl to play with, likely if I do I'll be in for toxic behavior, and very scarce and few OPS, maybe 1 every 2 weeks at most? That if I manage to sneak myself into a single grp by spamming fleet general.

So i'm really unsure about this game, I keep asking myself: "What does this have to offer me?"

When I came back I was hyped about the continuing story moving away from the whole fiasco of KotFE, experienced KotET, annoyed me, Iokath annoyed me, and everything after stopped making sense, was too short and underwhelming. In a way I thought that maybe they'd tried to fix the game's strong point, but even Onslaught is just weird, so much so that I haven't come around to get to Mek-sha in 3 months, I much prefer to stick to my imagination and create my own head-canon than to see that just to get disappointed...

Waiting for events, over-farming rep tokens to cash in weekly, farming for creds to pay for overpriced carrots from CM on GTN, I feel like an idiot tbh

Edited by xdjinn

Yeah, work with what u get in a way. Thing is the game is offering very little rewarding experiences in general, everything's about time-gating, and even worse, content-gating (OEM RPM are two great examples).

For whats the game about you would need to look way back. This game was supposed to be about doing the vanilla story over and over and yes.... space barbie. Thats why the stuff which was added later on was supposed to have MMO RPG elements, which means keeping you in game while they come up with something else. I dont think there is a way around it.

What I said about the rep caps is what annoys me the most on PvE because it would be a nice change to manage to farm for Decorations and build RP leaning SHs, maybe use those for real RPing at some point.

Well to be honest that is how it works, you either farm the decos, or you buy them off gtn, for which you need to farm credits, or yeah.... sell CM stuff. There are many ways to make credits in the game, you just have to know how. The problem of the inflation is real and its the problem of Bioware. They are trying to make credit sinks, but its a very long process and its not really going well.

I can't get into ranked, not sure I want to

Ranked is very unforgiving in this game. Its full of cheaters, throwers, bots, wintraders etc. so not sure you really wanna go there, but maybe you will have a better experience. At start you will be probably experiencing toxicity, but thats again a thing of all MMOs where there is competitive PVP.

then there are the Mater OPS, of which I can't seem to find ppl to play with, likely if I do I'll be in for toxic behavior, and very scarce and few OPS, maybe 1 every 2 weeks at most? That if I manage to sneak myself into a single grp by spamming fleet general.

This is an longterm issue. In this game the raiding community died a few times already. Its hard to find groups as each group is full and they dont have room for one more (unless someone quits but then the group mostly falls apart anyway). In the past you had many groups and many were hiring, now..... its worse, but its not impossible. Check mainly forums, ask around and you will surely get somewhere.

So i'm really unsure about this game, I keep asking myself: "What does this have to offer me?" When I came back I was hyped about the continuing story moving away from the whole fiasco of KotFE, experienced KotET, annoyed me, Iokath annoyed me, and everything after stopped making sense, was too short and underwhelming. In a way I thought that maybe they'd tried to fix the game's strong point, but even Onslaught is just weird, so much so that I haven't come around to get to Mek-sha in 3 months, I much prefer to stick to my imagination and create my own head-canon than to see that just to get disappointed...

They cannot and never will please every single player. Yes the story went downhill from vanilla, but thats what we get. Remember the choices i gave you before? Either Complain, stay or leave. No other way, thats just how it is. Many players could imagine it to be better, the game has incredible potential, but sadly we are not the ones responsible for the content.

Waiting for events, over-farming rep tokens to cash in weekly, farming for creds to pay for overpriced carrots from CM on GTN, I feel like an idiot tbh

Its up to everyone to find what he enjoys in the game. For some its farming achievements, other want to space barbie, decorating strongholds, winning conquest, raiding Master Mode, Ranked PVP, GSF etc. The game does offer a lot, but sure, it does not have to please each and every player.

-snip-

I agree with you, but I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should leave or not. I have a feeling that if I unsub this time around, I'm probably never coming back.

Good question. I'm just observing your discussion, have no idea what that achievement is about.

-----

Small update to the whole thing:

I've decided, stupidly if you ask me, to try Ranked PvP. After 3 months of sub, I am coming to the conclusion that this game has nothing good in it besides space barbie and doing class stories. KotFE and KotET have horrendous writing, the whole lore of SWTOR doesn't fit Star Wars (I mean, there's more tech in SWTOR than all the films combined, only SWTOR is supposed to take place over THREE THOUSAND YEARS BEFORE, how does that work?) And Ranked Community is beyond toxic, that thing is a cesspool of insults and immaturity. I can't find people to do Master OPS, and I'm tired of being gated from farming rep so I can focus on other fields of that game that could be of interest to me.

If you do more then watch the movies and actually follow the entire lore of SW, finding ancient tech like Iokath and trying to gain control over it is quiet common.

Even the cloning tech the empire had wasn't created, it was found.

The Rakata tech on Belsavis - functionality still mostly unknown - is a good example. Including the insta teleport system there.

The Starforge in KOTOR. Again a perfect example.

It amuses me when people say it's not star warsy, yet all evidence everywhere would say that it's perfectly inline with everything Star Wars.

The entire SW universe is filled with undiscovered ancient technology of varying degrees of usefulness and destructive capabilities. Not only is it star wars, it's literally everything SW is built on. As is the alliance - which is exactly whats created by the rebellion after the defeat of the empire, in the books they go on to form the alliance. It's a cycle that happens over and over again, all part of George Lucas' vision for Star Wars movies, extended universe and beyond.

It doesn't get more Star Wars then all the events that have taken place in this game so far.

If you do more then watch the movies and actually follow the entire lore of SW, finding ancient tech like Iokath and trying to gain control over it is quiet common.

Even the cloning tech the empire had wasn't created, it was found.

The Rakata tech on Belsavis - functionality still mostly unknown - is a good example. Including the insta teleport system there.

The Starforge in KOTOR. Again a perfect example.

It amuses me when people say it's not star warsy, yet all evidence everywhere would say that it's perfectly inline with everything Star Wars.

The entire SW universe is filled with undiscovered ancient technology of varying degrees of usefulness and destructive capabilities. Not only is it star wars, it's literally everything SW is built on. As is the alliance - which is exactly whats created by the rebellion after the defeat of the empire, in the books they go on to form the alliance. It's a cycle that happens over and over again, all part of George Lucas' vision for Star Wars movies, extended universe and beyond.

It doesn't get more Star Wars then all the events that have taken place in this game so far.

EU has had tons of discussions, some literature pushed too far on the fanfic power trip, and most of the more deep immersed people would have a hard time accepting a lot of it as canon. Ancient tech? Fine, as long as it is different, not Mass Effect find tech that pushes you ages forward. In fact, the like ability of a tech being found three thousand years before the films and not even parts of it surviving already screams inconsistency. SWTOR lore is garbage, and the reason is because it was made as commercial as possible, if they followed a more top notch writing and world building, the game's profits would get hit hard.

Events in the game did spoil a lot of the EU, and tbh, the entirety of KotFE is ridiculous for the SW universe as a whole, even the KOTOR inherited "immortal emperor" is a stretch too far. The hints on less absurd lore-craft revolving SW is that many Sith and some Jedi did waste a lot of time pursuing immortality, the closest Sith got was extending their lives absurdly, but with tons of collateral effects, and Jedi only really got to learn how to become Force Ghosts during the films' era through Qui-Gon who learned with priests. Anything Jedi learned was recorded in their libraries, if any was able to or met with any Jedi ghosts there would be documentation, and they would know it during the Films' Era, specially Yoda even if it was supposed to be kept as a top secret, he'd know, instead he learns it from Qui-Gon, so there's that.

Tech, some force techniques, fighting styles, all of those things supposedly had a evolutionary path. Three thousand years changes every level of society plus technology by ridiculous gaps, so if we would follow Biowares tech logic, by the films' era, they would have more advanced tech than the "ancient civ" from ME. So yeah, it's ludicrous, you can try to defend it, but that would mean extreme bad writing, like toddler level.

To top it off, and being completely honest, Story classes are incredible only when compared to other MMOs story strength, if you go into literature, the entirety of SWTOR is very infantile filled with clichés and bad tropes, not quality reading at all if it was ever made as books. There's no way of defending SWTOR, and it's a good thing that it was never made canon. Revan, on the other hand, I could handle being canon, as long as they fix everything else surrounding his story, including tech and force knowledge.

To get my point all you need is a little logical thinking and at least some basic understanding of anthropology, don't try to defend it just because you've grown attached to the game, the writing is rubbish, even KOTOR writing was which's why KOTOR 2 was so "successful".

If the Jedi and Sith were stagnated for so long, that means the entire galaxy was stagnated, evolution can only happen that slow (span of thousands of years) if their "worlds" are small, little contact with external ideas and philosophies, not to mention technologies. They also would need to have way more difficulties traveling, which would allow for such isolation to happen. In other words, you are unable to stagnate if you are in constant contact with conflicting ideas and examples, so to be stagnated you must also be still, traveling less and having access to very little information.

Obsidian fixed the writing and made it better, only for SWTOR completely ignore it when it came out. This envious and jealous reaction from developers happened more than once, Obsidian did make Fallout 3d series better with NV, Bethesda shoved it into the depths of "oblivion" (pun) and made subpar stories for FO4 on-wards, not to mention the tone down in their game's depth. Bioware did more or less the same pertaining KOTOR 2, only problem with Ob is that they always needed long periods of development time, which basically made all their games very bugged.

Edited by xdjinn

So im mistaken. Apparently around mid 2019 i had finally gotten the last droid i needed. I have no recollection of it lol. Getting old has its drawbacks.

https://imgur.com/zYjv3RG

The original post was made in March, we're now in May and yet OP is still going about it though now he seems to have switched tactics to the old KOTOR II vs SWTOR debate in order to dunk on the game's lore, which contrary to his thoughts is actually quite well done. And that Bioware is somehow jealous of Obsidian as if game development was a High School movie made by USAnians. I'm genuinely confused as to why OP is still here after all this time, if both the gameplay aspect and the lore are not interesting why even remain:rak_02: Edited by FlameYOL