Far too many pieces of gear were ripped from the game in patch 4.0

Sjax

There were so many good sets and interesting weapons from planetary vendors, professions, flashpoints, and missions rewards. Only a handful of them are still available. During this time they also removed many specialized vendors that sold low level orange moddable items, too, like some blasters that only could be bought on DK, or armor sets that were lvl 20, 40 that had unique appearances, why remove so many things that added flavor to the zone?

. They really should add them back into the game somehow. At least add craft them, or another adaptive gear vendor to the fleet .I'm not sure they will though, because doing so would take attention away from the gear available on the CM, and they definitely want players to keep buying and spending CC on that gear instead. Heck it may be possible that's why they removed a lot of cool-looking gear in the first place and replaced it with less attractive MK-2 versions: to force players to rely on the CM to upgrade from the less attractive sets to the better looking CM gear. :rak_02:

Agreed. My Consular still has the lightsaber she bought on Coruscant when I first started playing the game in Spring of 2015. It's called the Righteous Harbinger's hilt. You can craft it, but the crafted version isn't modifiable.

To add onto the OP's thread, I would also like to see PvP sets return. I had a set from the 4.0+ PvP vendor that was lost because I lost the stamp when I switched servers.

SWTOR has some of the best customization of any game ever, and I would like to see it continue that way.

SWTOR has some of the best customization of any game ever, and I would like to see it continue that way.

I absolutely agree and I support this thread. It is always a good thing to have a wide choice of customization options, be it character customization or transmoggs, and it always hurts a game when things like that get removed for no reason.

They could always add these modifiable armors and weapons back into the Flashpoints. Nothing wrong with a chance to loot these armor's besides the usual loot. I really miss some of these really unique looks, and especially its dyes.

Edited by Jesseriah

Shameful as it is, your reasoning is spot on. That's exactly why they removed a lot of classic gear from the game. It is, in my opinion, a huge insult in particular to the players who were here since launch and may have really liked those classic weapons and armor sets, only to see them ripped from our grasp for the sake of greed.

Some of those items were actually returned to us as cosmetics from command crates. Upon their removal in patch 6.0, the devs announced a vendor would be provided who would sell these cosmetics instead. Patch 6.0 was almost 15 months ago. No such vendor has been added yet, and the devs have been dead silent ever since, despite players calling for answers.

Questionable ethics indeed.

Edited by Drenovade

I absolutely agree and I support this thread.

. Nothing wrong with a chance to loot[/ut these armor's besides the usual loot. I really miss some of these really unique looks, and especially its dyes.

Why not make them craftable schematics instead? Like i've tried (and failed) to propose recently.

When are we as a community gonna once again start supporting---nay, DEMANDING---for SWTOR to please re-focus & re-imagine CRAFTING in this potentially final (EA) 10th year?!?!

Have we really lost all faith in BioWare by now? Or are we really all so addicted to the force-fed Cartel 'teet' by now that we can't remove ourselves from it's suckle long enough to realize that healthy MMO's, at their core, mostly need to be player-crafted driven in favor of loot/rinse/repeat driven?!

The very OP thread topic here (aka limitless customization) we're replying to is further proof that SWTOR has---and could---be a game with BOTH the coveted corporate 'Cartel Market' microtransaction business model AND yet still include crafters in said model (with schematics 1st , item 2nd ....mostly, with obvious notable exceptions of course ) .

#hashtag: supportCrafting

#hashtag: 10thAnniv=yearoftheCrafter

./end-rant :mad:

It is one thing which is sort of irritating over the years to miss certain gear or reward-bound companions, I mean I get it to an certain extent to reward players but they should still be obtainable in some way.

Be it like Darth Hexid, or to put previous/retired gear into schematics for crafting, Flashpoints, Vendor, etc. I wouldn't care for the grind since it would give me more incentive to get it.

This is a big source of irritation for me since I like a lot of the simpler outfits from launch.

Prior to 4.0 when they were announcing all of the big changes, we asked if there was any gear we should get before 4.0 launched because it wouldn't be around any more. We were very clearly told everything would still be available. It was clearly wrong. I expect they didn't intentionally lie. Bioware never seems to understand what players are asking and respond to their assumptions rather than the actual question asked. Regardless, a lot of people would have purchased multiple copies of gear that got taken out had Bioware given us the right answer.

So with this in mind, when 6.0 rolled around we asked very pointedly, how are we going to get command crate cosmetics. Again, Bioware assured us this wouldn't be a problem because the cosmetics would be on a vendor for us to purchase. And again, this was wrong since armor and weapon shells were not put on vendors, only pets and mounts. Not to mention they priced those pets and mounts 100x higher than what the sold for on the GTN.

Then there was a big Bioware initiated thread asking what items in game that were no longer available that we'd like to see. (I don't remember if this came before or after 6.0) We gave a huge list of gear we'd like back, but there was no follow up. None of that gear was brought back.

Sometimes they tease us by implying they might bring back the quest givers and story content that got removed in 4.0. But nothing has come of that either.

Then there was a big Bioware initiated thread asking what items in game that were no longer available that we'd like to see. (I don't remember if this came before or after 6.0) We gave a huge list of gear we'd like back, but there was no follow up. None of that gear was brought back.

Do you know how that thread was called?

Ah yeah, I remember this thread. But I actually never posted in it because of:

For this feedback thread we are currently not looking for weapon or armor set suggestions.

I really would have suggested the old tionese armors otherwise. Or the old modifiable armors from flashpoints, like the Esseles pieces for example. And there would be so much more than just that.

I don't get the idea of removing cosmetical items from an MMO anyway. It always creates frustration among the fanbase. I can understand arena sets or PvP items depending on a specific rating, because thats bound to a certain prestige, but flashpoint armors and weapons? These things should always stay obtainable.