Digital collectors edition?

Radagastimus

As this is not available as an unlock in account upgrades and i would love to have that vendor accessible, does anybody know if there is still a way to get that digital edition?

No, not the Deluxe edition that mislead ,me once to think it opens that vendor, but the real collectors edition as digital copy.. Deluxe edition just feels like a mail filler with vendor that gives one speeder i dont like. Security key vendor has way better items -.-

As this is not available as an unlock in account upgrades and i would love to have that vendor accessible, does anybody know if there is still a way to get that digital edition?

No, not the Deluxe edition that mislead ,me once to think it opens that vendor, but the real collectors edition as digital copy.. Deluxe edition just feels like a mail filler with vendor that gives one speeder i dont like. Security key vendor has way better items -.-

it has been asked before, a few times. Not sure if we will see it though.

Yeas, the account upgrade would be best option for all of us, but i have read that some people have found shops that still sell the digital download of collectors copy or even physical, so it would also be welcome if anyone could suggest a trustworthy shop for this.

Yeas, the account upgrade would be best option for all of us, but i have read that some people have found shops that still sell the digital download of collectors copy or even physical, so it would also be welcome if anyone could suggest a trustworthy shop for this.

There's nowhere that you can find it that's *absolutely* trustworthy (the vendor might go bankrupt before shipping the product, for example), but:

I bought mine (full sealed original CE box with all the goodies) on Amazon, and chose the vendor where the product is shipped by Amazon. I figured that if the box is sitting in Amazon's own warehouse, it's far more likely to be genuine than Some Guy On Ebay.

I'm not saying that everyone who sells on eBay is a crook, but there are some, and the seller's rating is not a 100% reliable indicator of anything. Here's what I had to say on a case way back when, where the late Mrs Cynic got burned by one:

eBay seller ratings aren't 100% reliable.

I refer you to the notorious case of "thebarry". He built up a huge positive reputation, 17000+ if memory serves, then one day took a bunch of money from buyers and went on the run without delivering their goods. He ended up getting three and a half years in Club Fed for it. I know about it because one of the buyers who didn't get their goods was the late Mrs Cynic. The FBI sent out letters to all the people whose money was stolen, of the "You may have been the victim of a federal crime" sort. The look on Mrs Cynic's face when I told her, "You have a letter from the FBI," was priceless.

https://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/board/mboard.pl/ecttalkback/thread7452/7452.html

Digital upgrade or offer a CE edition with the next expansion. In my opinion, both are fine ways to reintroduce CE and allow players access to the VIP vendor on the fleet.

CE Vendor, the VIP vendor is a different one again, and pretty useless, as it only has the mount.

Yeah. I too have access to VIP vendor as i said and it really feels useless... Someone needs to tell manners to that CE vendor who will not speak to me ;)

In any case, there have been other games too like World of Warcraft for example, where it would be beneficial to some players to offer once in a while for a very limited time the original game DIGITAL CE copy version for in game stuff.. Same would go well with SWTOR too. Here's hoping that will happen one day.

I did check Amazon though, and they have one copy of physical collectors edition on them according to qwebpage. Sadly its still too expensive for me :(

And yes, eBay and such are also pretty good places, but always have to keep in mind the added risk on them plus narurally the fact, that ratings can quite easily be faked if seller is resourcefuyl enough and crooks usually are sadly :/ Imagine if they would use that resourceful to something good instead..

In any case, there have been other games too like World of Warcraft for example, where it would be beneficial to some players to offer once in a while for a very limited time the original game DIGITAL CE copy version for in game stuff..

Nah. Put it up and leave it up, because taking it down again, even for a nanosecond, would cause a s(...)tstorm of complaints on the forum about how it's unfair and ... (well, y'all know the story, we've seen it enough times about Niko, Shae, HK-55, etc.).

If you are located in Europe, you can buy a new Collector's Edition box from this french Amazon vendor. That vendor also has listings on the other european Amazon websites. I bought mine off of the german Amazon page.

Yes, it's a french box and all the texts will be in french, but I can vouch for it to be genuine and that the code inside is unused and will upgrade your standard account so you can use the vendor on the fleet and get the included cosmetic items via ingame mail. If you do that you don't have to pay ridiculous prices for a new english box on Ebay or some other shady place and you can't even be sure that the code is really unused.

If you are located in Europe, you can buy a new Collector's Edition box from this french Amazon vendor. That vendor also has listings on the other european Amazon websites. I bought mine off of the german Amazon page.

Yes, it's a french box and all the texts will be in french, but I can vouch for it to be genuine and that the code inside is unused and will upgrade your standard account so you can use the vendor on the fleet and get the included cosmetic items via ingame mail. If you do that you don't have to pay ridiculous prices for a new english box on Ebay or some other shady place and you can't even be sure that the code is really unused.

Agreed. In fact, that's the same vendor I used a year ago.

EDIT: I live in France, so buying a French box isn't a problem for me.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Aah, thanks again!

It was hidden from me... force shrouded so to speak :D

(I bought it off the French site now- delivery seems to be just as fast *fingers crossed*)

Not your fault, the search engine will not find that particular listing for whatever reason.

Yes, there should be no difference whatsoever because it's the same vendor and delivery via Amazon, just more convenient if you already have an account on the german page.

Edited by Phazonfreak

• 10 months later...

Yes, this is kind of a necro… but instead of making a new post, I thought here will just do:

On the PTS there are some new items listed under collections that (will) come from a digital collector’s edition…

I have both, the physical CE (yes, Malgus sits on my window sill :D ) and the digital upgrade and no such items.

So this must be something new they plan on releasing with 7.0?

BW, care to tease a little pretty please (aka maybe confirm and/or give a little more info)?

Yes, this is kind of a necro… but instead of making a new post, I thought here will just do:

On the PTS there are some new items listed under collections that (will) come from a digital collector’s edition…

I have both, the physical CE (yes, Malgus sits on my window sill :D ) and the digital upgrade and no such items.

So this must be something new they plan on releasing with 7.0?

BW, care to tease a little pretty please (aka maybe confirm and/or give a little more info)?

It may be a 10 year anniversary edition.

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.