Add some conquest objectives to pve and solo players

DeannaVoyager

GSF and PVP players have been catered with never changing, high conquest objectives now for a while. PVP and GSF finisher (weeklies) are in conquest every week with a huge amount of points, while FP finisher seems to be a rare event. I get that the idea was to get more people to play pvp and gsf, but no matter how many points they give, there are people who won't touch those activities with a ten feet pole. Now those same people who campaigned to get more points on their favorite activity, are campaining against the objective many solo and pve players have to do finish reach their goals because pve doesn't have enough objectives compared to pvp and gsf. Seems pretty unreasonable and unfair, especially since they are not suggesting anything to replace them.

Here's my suggestions:

1) Change crafting rally 2 back to a daily objective instead of once per legacy per week

2) Make heroics infinitely repeatable

3) Add heroics pinnacle and eternal as permanent objective, every week

4) Add flashpoint finisher as permanent objective like GSF and PVP have

Also I'd suggest to change back the guild targets to what they were:

- Small yield 200k points

- Medium yield 1mil points (not sure if it was 1mil or something else)

- Large yield 2mil points

I get that the idea was to get more people to play pvp and gsf, but no matter how many points they give, there are people who won't touch those activities with a ten feet pole.

The idea was not to make people play pvp and gsf, but to accurately reflect the time investment that each activity demands from the player. And included with that time investment for pvp, gsf, ops and world bosses is that you need a group in order to complete them, whereas you don't need to rely on other players for the Solo content. Fps also grant good Conquest points, but I agree that their objectives could indeed be made permanent in the list. The only thing that they really nerfed were the redundant tasks like selling crap to the vendors, adjusting your amplifers, hailing a taxi and decorating your stronghold.

I personally see no reason for why they should change the Conquest objectives again to increase the points for Solo players, since the points are still very high and you can easily hit the small yield target even if you are completely alone with your alts in the guild.

Edited by Phazonfreak

The idea was not to make people play pvp and gsf, but to accurately reflect the time investment that each activity demands from the player. And included with that time investment for pvp, gsf, ops and world bosses is that you need a group in order to complete them, whereas you don't need to rely on other players for the Solo content. Fps also grant good Conquest points, but I agree that their objectives could indeed be made permanent in the list. The only thing that they really nerfed were the redundant tasks like selling crap to the vendors, adjusting your amplifers, hailing a taxi and decorating your stronghold.

I personally see no reason for why they should change the Conquest objectives again to increase the points for Solo players, since the points are still very high and you can easily hit the small yield target even if you are completely alone with your alts in the guild.

If the points are supposed to reflect the time invested to each activity, the current GSF objectives are way over the top.

Starfighter: Conquer the skies 6250 conquest points, infinitely repeatable

On top of that there are weeklies and Starfighter: Bomber/Gunship/Scout/Striker Pilot missions, which each need 5 fnished matches to get another 82k points: of each. When those are done, there's going to be a follow up "Starfighter: Eternal. On top of that, GSF players get points for Socialite I and II. That's a lot of infinite and repeatable objectives to do compared to let's say a heroic missions, that you can only do once per day per legacy. That needs to be fixed.

The time needed to finish an objective is irrelevant, if one activity has infinite objectives and another does not. Once the heroics are done, that's it. There should also be an option to do more heroics and gain something for them for the same amount of time GSF players have things to do before they have done all their daily objectives. That's why infinite heroics and Heroics: Pinnacle/eternal every week would bring them to the same level with other activities. Same thing with Flashpoints: Finisher. It really should be an objective every week, because right now players are not treated equally.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because there's a bunch of people campaigning against crafting objectives. I craft a lot to reach the personal and guild targets (in several guilds) and these people want to get crafting nerfed because it's not an important objective to them, but it would hurt others. That's what they are actually trying to accomplish. I don't know if BW will listen to those whiners again, but in case they do, they should give us other activities we can do solo, so everyone would have a chance to do conquest regardless of their favorite activity.

Do I enjoy farming heroics? No, not really. But I rather do that than play GSF or PVP until there is enough people to run an op or a fp. If I don't have any objectives to finish, I'll just log off and launch some other game.