After update 6.2 game is frozen at 0.00% download and only has quick play option

NathKnights

Hi dudes and dudettes,

as the subject line suggests, after the recent update (I believe update 6.2 just hit) my Level-75 toons are frozen out and the only option is to start a new toon on starter planets. The trouble is after 6-7 hours now the download counter is still at 0.00%, which to me indicates there is a problem somewhere?

Is anyone else getting this? Is there a work around? I'm almost thinking of doing a re-install and hoping I don't loose any of my UI customizations. ( I'm assuming the UI Config is stored off site on my account and not in local files)

Apart from changing from the streaming client to the non-streaming one https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/td-p/4867417, changing the compatibility settings seems to help.

Hi Khaleijo,

Thanks for that . However, I actually found the following in another thread first

... then open the launcher.settings file in Notepad. Look for the following line:

, "bitraider_disable": false

and change this to

, "bitraider_disable": "false"

I also started the game as admin (just in case) and it kicked off a full download. Anyway several hours later the download completes and the game works ! Well until I discover the next bug!

Thanks everyone and happy gaming!

Edited by NathKnights

Hi Khaleijo,

Thanks for that . However, I actually found the following in another thread first

I also started the game as admin (just in case) and it kicked off a full download. Anyway several hours later the download completes and the game works ! Well until I discover the next bug!

That should actually say "bitraider disable: true" IIRC.

I just completely removed it, installed fresh, with the new launcher (which I believe is bit raider free) and it's working fine now. It did take a while, luckily I have the desktop, but thankfully it works now, and if I have to go mobile, I can bring the game with me...lol

Hi Khaleijo,

I used the above mentioned fix, and the WHOLE game proceeded to download again. Now I'm stuck waiting while it does that.:mad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.