Well I wont being playing to Januray 16 thanks BioWare for wasting my internet -_-

XxDdgamerxX

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought Russian ISPs were a problem. I have 20MBit connection for like 50$/month and I'm living in a small town so it's actually considered expensive. A friend of mine who also plays has 5Mbit connection for 20$/month.

You should probably look for a better offer, I guess.

Edited by Fryster

You used up 150bg of bandwidth to download the game that's less then 1/5th of that and you still didn't finish?

:)

it did finish the English Assets 1 file kept looping everytime it would finish downloading and it would go over and over again even though the file is already download and installed its a digital version of the game problem

Wow, 300 a month for unlimited? Mine costs under 80 for it. You are getting ripped off. Are all of the Aussie ISP's that bad?

I don't recall exactly what the story is, but something along the lines of the government agreeing to hand over all of their telecommunications to a single large company (Telstra). They've since made changes, and forced them to allows other smaller companies to run their own services. However they still have somewhat of a stranglehold on telephone and internet down there. They charge ridiculous fees for the net they do have, limit it heavily, etc.

It's the same reason Australian and "Oceanic" servers are never actually in Australia. Telstra wants to charge the companies running them huge fees to do so. Thus the Australians are out of luck.

As for Steam... Next time you get a new PC, just transfer your steam library over the network. You can simply copy the files. Transfers over the network are faster, and they also don't consume any of your bandwidth.

This is going to be a surprise to you, but I have never heard of having a cap on internet usage, heck even my phone has unlimted data.

I am sorry that the internet down there is lame, but really this isn't Bioware's fault.

thuuuuu-read.

you might want to move to another country if you want to play this game OP

And I thought Russian ISPs were a problem. I have 20MBit connection for like 50$/month and I'm living in a small town so it's actually considered expensive. A friend of mine who also plays has 5Mbit connection for 20$/month.

You should probably look for a better offer, I guess.

Aussies fastest is only 10Mbit very crap.

Edited by XxDdgamerxX

I don't recall exactly what the story is, but something along the lines of the government agreeing to hand over all of their telecommunications to a single large company (Telstra). They've since made changes, and forced them to allows other smaller companies to run their own services. However they still have somewhat of a stranglehold on telephone and internet down there. They charge ridiculous fees for the net they do have, limit it heavily, etc.

It's the same reason Australian and "Oceanic" servers are never actually in Australia. Telstra wants to charge the companies running them huge fees to do so. Thus the Australians are out of luck.

As for Steam... Next time you get a new PC, just transfer your steam library over the network. You can simply copy the files. Transfers over the network are faster, and they also don't consume any of your bandwidth.

My other computers hardrive crashed so had to re-download and yes you are right im am with Telstra. :(

Edited by XxDdgamerxX

ahh the days of having a 12 gig limit... so glad I finally switched up to a 500 gig limit, Dude i feel your pain. Unfortunatly swtor uses more bandwith than WoW, so you should probably consider changing if possible if you have below 20 gigs and intend on playing more than 20 hours a week, or you'll have issues every month.

wow really unlimted is like $300 or so a month i cant afford that its currently costing me $79 a month this does fairly suck. :(

WOW!

Australia sucks.

I'm from Poland and I have unlimited for something like 10$/month With 25 Mb/s.

I feel really sorry for You.

Well technically it's not their problem.. you wasted your bandwidth... now if the fiel kept looping you should have terminated the patcher and patched again..

I did i restarted the patcher same thing, restarted the computer same thing waited 3 days same thing.

Edited by XxDdgamerxX

it depends on the ISP golaz, Alot of people tend to go for the more expensive ISP names because of their "reliability ( I use that term loosely) For example I have a 109 internet and phone plan, unlimited calls and 500 gigs, but if i went with another company I could have 500 gigs and phone for 50 dollars.

So its not as all bad as people say...

But yes Australians are really quite behind in internet, partly because of our government (tries to restrain getting angry at our quote "liberal" unquote party... Most conservative son of a .... okay i gotta stop)

No Telstra is bad look the **** up.

change from telstra... Now haha, I don't care what you need to do, you're seriously wasting your money, there are no advantages to telstra at all, They're a joke and having worked for them I can tell you right now alot of their business ethics if they were investigated would have them fined millions of dollars (such as people signing people up to different plans after they told them to cancel it)

I pay liek 19.95€ and download 20 gb in 30-60 minutes :) (Sorry i had to mention this)

the download was fast sort of took about 4 hours compared to other games i download from Steam for example but in the end i just looped that file which really put my soul deep down after waiting and now i have to wait another 2 weeks 2 days. :(