The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We need to dye the new Jedi Knight Revan armor set!

sdrakulya

Taste has absolutely nothing to do with this.

With a game selling EXPENSIVE PREMIUM cartel market armor sets designed with the purpose of people using either the full set or parts from that set for their own cool outfits, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for it to be fully dyeable.

Many of us do like to mix & match sets to make our own custom outfits.

Having a big part that doesn't dye at all will really limit its use regardless if people want to dye the full set to be a more accurate Darth Revan from the KOTOR games or use specific parts along with pieces from other armor sets to create their own cool and unique outfits.

EDIT: not to mention many of the best dyes are also PREMIUM one-time usable dyes from the cartel market.

Fully agree with this, we've had too many sets lately that don't fully dye, and when you try to dye them, they look even worse

Yeah sorry, I admit I didn't check that since it was the same conversation.

This I don't understand. Force Apprentice is for me the perfect example of how a set should be done, and is in fact one of my favorite sets in game.

Oh, how I hope you're right! Regardless I thank you, it's always good to see other points of view ^^

Oh, I used the wrong example, though I do think that set is excellent also, used it on multiple characters and companions. There's another nice Jedi set with brown leather on it that stays that way, and you can dye it various colors around the brown leather. I can't recall the name right now, but part of its appeal to me is using dyes that match the color of the leather well, and it feels like more of a Jedi set because the range of colors that work well with it happen to generally be colors used by Jedi in the game.

Anyway, I think you'll get your wish, and it's nice to see someone so enthusiastic about the game. 6.2 is going to be great for multiple reasons.

Edited by arunav

Even when your taste goes against the entire point of the LS Revan KOTOR robes?

What you want are the DS KOTOR Revan robes, which can easily be added later. I get the sense this particular version is being added because of the 6.2 story, and it was suggested here by another player months or maybe a year ago.

The game already got 2 DS Revan sets. It has evolved a great deal to allow for armor that looks way better, and I completely understand the desire for an updated Darth Revan set. That should be the suggestion, not altering the LS version. It doesn't even look the same as DS KOTOR Revan's set, which has a cape, hood up, and metallic armor.

The OP has already said they'd love to have a DS set too, but currently that doesn't seem to be available so anyone who wants to dress as Revan is going to want to dye this set in his trademark colours. And even for people who aren't trying to imitate Revan, having a big chunk of an outfit in an unmodifiable brown really limits colour schemes when it comes to customisation. I've already had similar issues with some other outfits and, as previously stated, this is probably going to be expensive and after forking out a lot of CC or credits its very disappointing to then not be able to customise it in the way you want. I fully agree with the request to make the whole thing dyable.