Kel Dor Playable Race

rynnjarrin

I would love for a couple more races. But I doubt they will release any more.

I mean there are already some issues with the newer ones. For example the Nautolans. Treek doesnt alter her conversation at all even if you are a Nautolan. When you meet Lady of Sorrows, Senya mentions never seeing a Nautolan before, even if you are one and have been around her for ages.

Then there is the issue of races who are unable to speak Basic. Wookiees and Rodians for example. I would LOVE these two races to be included, they are Star Wars classics after all. But it would require a huge game pass through to alter all the voice lines to Shyriiwook for Wookiees, or Rodian for....well Rodians. That is a huge undertaking, which I do believe they should undertake, but I doubt it happening. Of course then there is the problem with players not being able to understand. Personally I would have no issues with having to read subs when my Wookiee is speaking, but you would get SOOOOO many complaints. Even if they put a warning before purchase about requiring subs to understand your character, people would by them then still complain.

All in all, yes the game needs more racial diversity, but the chances it happens are slim to none.

-NekoGaige

xoxo

I want Voss. and no the arguments against in the Voss thread are not valid. There are already Voss off world. Even before KOTFE. A smuggler can end up visiting them. There may even be a Gormak out in the galaxy.

"Before KOTFE" doesn't mean at the start of the story, which is when they need to be in the wider galaxy for it to work.

So, yah, totally valid arguments against Voss.

While Kel Dor could be neat, I don't think they're a species that could really offer customization. They all kind of look identical.

As for Voss:

The amount of Voss who actually leave their homeworld are few and far between, and it would be basically impossible for any of them to be the protagonist in any of the class stories.

As for species which don't speak Basic:

You're talking about redoing tens of thousands of lines dialogue. Even if you're cycling a few, canned "alien" sounds, a la KotOR I and II, you're still talking about a massively expensive undertaking for virtually no payoff.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Then there is the issue of races who are unable to speak Basic. Wookiees and Rodians for example.

I believe we have met at least few Rodians that speak basic in story.

Kel Dors speak basic in swtor anyway. Gnost Dural or Tol Braga are good examples.

Kel Dors are my favourite alien-race in swtor, I would pay all my money and cartel coins to change my main into one.

I don't care about kissing in cutscenes. Someone here mentioned customizations that every Kel Dor looks the same. Kel Dors could have different skin color, "ears?" or mask.

Edited by tummiswtor

I want Voss. and no the arguments against in the Voss thread are not valid. There are already Voss off world. Even before KOTFE. A smuggler can end up visiting them. There may even be a Gormak out in the galaxy.

"Before KOTFE" doesn't mean at the start of the story, which is when they need to be in the wider galaxy for it to work.

So, yah, totally valid arguments against Voss.

The Imperial attack on Voss initiated by Vitiate was in 3649 BBY. The establishment of both Imperial and Republic embassies on Voss was started shortly after the failed attack. The game starts in 3643 BBY. That is 6 years in which the Voss could have been "off world" prior to the start of the game.

Neither The Voss or the Kel Dor can not be a player race...

As it has been stated before by BW that;

All playable races MUST speak Basic as their primary / native language

All playable races MUST be Human sized and fit on a Human Size Skeleton

All playable races MUST be able to Wear Human gear and use Human Weapons.

NO playable races CAN be an integral part of the SWToR story-line as to prevent conflicts within the story.

Though Kel Dor can speak Basic it is not their primary / native language.

The Voss are not Human sized and can not fit on a Human sized skeleton and they are an integral part of the SWToR Story-line and a Player Voss would cause major conflicts with the story-line, especially when you go to meet the Voss for the "First Time'.

All playable races MUST speak Basic as their primary / native language

All playable races MUST be Human sized and fit on a Human Size Skeleton

All playable races MUST be able to Wear Human gear and use Human Weapons.

NO playable races CAN be an integral part of the SWToR story-line as to prevent conflicts within the story.

Though Kel Dor can speak Basic it is not their primary / native language.

The Voss are not Human sized and can not fit on a Human sized skeleton and they are an integral part of the SWToR Story-line and a Player Voss would cause major conflicts with the story-line, especially when you go to meet the Voss for the "First Time'.

The native language of the Chiss is Cheunh and they can speak Basic.

The native language of the Kel Dor is Kel Dorian but they prefer to speak Basic offworld.

My Body type 3 male is taller than the Voss and my type 2 male is the same height as the Kel Dor

The Voss can use Human gear (based off my body 3 human male) and use human weapons and we have seen the Kel Dor using lightsabers.

While the planet Voss is part of the storyline, Dorin is not.

The Dev's have already broken the primary language rule with the Chiss so not sure how sacrosanct the integral part of the story line is to them. Given the native language discrepancy, not sure why the Kel Dor could not be playable.

The native language of the Chiss is Cheunh and they can speak Basic.

The native language of the Kel Dor is Kel Dorian but they prefer to speak Basic offworld.

My Body type 3 male is taller than the Voss and my type 2 male is the same height as the Kel Dor

The Voss can use Human gear (based off my body 3 human male) and use human weapons and we have seen the Kel Dor using lightsabers.

While the planet Voss is part of the storyline, Dorin is not.

The Dev's have already broken the primary language rule with the Chiss so not sure how sacrosanct the integral part of the story line is to them. Given the native language discrepancy, not sure why the Kel Dor could not be playable.

The one major flaw is in the stories when the player goes to voss, how the voss react to non voss, etc. We've seen several posts about it already. All of those interaction would have to be redone,

While the Voss were introduced to the greater galaxy a few years before SWTOR begins, there’s still virtually no room for them to be the Inquisitor, the Jedi Knight, the Jedi Consular, the Trooper, or the Warrior. The only one that’s even a reasonable fit is Imperial Agent — until you consider that the Voss species being incredibly rare outside of Voss means they’re immediately conspicuous.

Very, very few Voss left the planet. It’s a momentous and rare occasion. There are literally only two that we know left the planet before the Consular’s Rift Alliance.

Edited by jedimasterjac

The one major flaw is in the stories when the player goes to voss, how the voss react to non voss, etc. We've seen several posts about it already. All of those interaction would have to be redone,

Yes, that is interesting as the original species on Voss were the Gormak which the ancient Sith considered little better than animals when they first landed planet side stripping it of resources. The Voss are a product of the Jedi training the Gormak who could wield the force after they ran the Sith off. After the Jedi left, the force using Gormak evolved in to the Voss. Although the Voss as a society may have certain views towards the Empire/Republic from past experience, "Star Cabal", that does not mean that none would have a different attitude. Think Treek.

Yes, that is interesting as the original species on Voss were the Gormak which the ancient Sith considered little better than animals when they first landed planet side stripping it of resources. The Voss are a product of the Jedi training the Gormak who could wield the force after they ran the Sith off. After the Jedi left, the force using Gormak evolved in to the Voss. Although the Voss as a society may have certain views towards the Empire/Republic from past experience, "Star Cabal", that does not mean that none would have a different attitude. Think Treek.

Most of that comes out during missions on voss. TBH, can't remember if they are plantary ones , or specific class ones. But the agent has to marry a voss, because outsiders aren't tolerated, etc.

And at several points in some of the stories, stuff that is said won't make sense if the player is voss. Steve put up a few, which were quite funny, but I can't remember them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.