Holster Bugs [MEGATHREAD]

GambitSenpai

• 2 weeks later...
Just purchased the DT-11 and yes, all of these issues still persist. That even goes for the ridiculously over priced Mischief & Anarchy, a set of two guns for over 40 dollars, both with two right-handed holsters :rolleyes: . Come on guys, really? I've seen posts from two years ago about these issues, and in all that time you couldn't be bothered to fix the items you want us to pay actual money for. The complete lack of quality control in your company is one thing, but it becomes a real problem when those issues aren't even addressed nor dealt with after countless reports, and instead you take a dump on your ever shrinking player base with bs excuses to avoid any amount of accountability and God forbid refunds. Sorry, but this had to be said. This isn't just about this one specific issue, but the Cartel Market as a whole. Edited by Bearffalo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bumping. Still happening. Absolutely infuriating. Come on people, fix your game. At least do the bare minimum and remove the holsters if you can't afford to hunt the bug down. Or let US remove our holsters, or add another bug that allows both holsters to disappear and stay gone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping as it's still a problem.

Best current workaround I've found for disappearing holsters is to switch to an outfit w/ a different type of weapon, then back to the outfit w/ the holster/sheath weapons. Seems to bring back both holsters for me so far every time.

I haven't discovered a reliable fix for the toons w/ a single weapon type available yet however. Swapping between outfits w/ the same weapon types in them seems to have only a ~33% fix rate for me so far. Same thing removing the offending weapons from the outfit, committing the change, & re-adding them.

Edited by SidNitzerglobin

• 3 weeks later...

i bought the rascal's way blaster pistol with cartel coins and it cost me a great deal, and for the holster bug to go on for so long without a fix is absurd to say the least.

for me the holster always vanishes after a cut scene, or if it has already vanished it may return, if i'm dual-wielding rascal's way pistols the off hand blaster may vanish at this point too, the main hand or off hand will disappear after transitioning to or from instances, or if it is already missing it may return when transitioning to or from an instance.

• 3 months later...

BUMP!

I've been ignoring this for a long time now, but it seems to be happening more frequently!  I spent Real World Money on the Gambler's Luck Pistol and the Payday Blaster Pistol specifically because they have holsters, because, you know, this is Star WARS, not Star Trek!  Having your blaster attached to your pants leg with Velcro just isn't the in-universe thing to do here! 

I'd hoped that with 7.0 and 7.1 and now 7.1.2 that these glitches would be addressed, but my hope was clearly in vain. 

I HAVE figured out how to temporarily make the holster reappear when it disappears, though.  If I press "C" on my keyboard to open my Character Screen, go to the Outfitter, quickly switch to a different outfit, then switch back, my holster reappears... for a couple minutes at most, then something makes it disappear again.  Rather ridiculous that we're still having to put up with this literally YEARS later. Bad form, Bioware, bad form. 

I have spoken. :csw_fett:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Full report about a 2 years long bug in a PAID PRODUCT at this point i dont belive they ill fix

What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?

Nvidia GTX 1660ti
    Ryzen 7
    16GB RAM
    1TB SSD

What time did this happen? Please include the timezone.

11:18:57 AM UTC -3

What class were you playing?

Powertech Pyrotech
    Powertech Advanced Prototype
    Powertech Shield Tech
    Scoundrel Sawbones
    Scoundrel Ruffian
    Scoundrel Scrapper

What role were you playing?

Damange dealer
    Tank
    Healer

How often does the bug occur?

Everytime, its a 100% chance of occur

What happens when the bug occurs?

holster disapper and dont come back until you pay again for changing outfit weapon

What do you expect to see?

the holster that we paid more than a usual blaster pistol in cartel market

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Cutscenes, holster dont apper in any cutscene !!!

1 - Equip any of the blaster pistols with holsters:

Payday Blaster Pistol
    Mischief & Anarchy Blasters
    DT-11 Blaster Pistol
    Gambler's Luck Blaster Pistol
    Rascal's Way

2 - Put the Blaster in hands (combat mode)

3 - Use one of thoose habilities:

Deadly Onslaught (Powertech)
    Searing Waves (Powertech)
    Recharge and Reload (Mercenary/Powertech)
    Firestorm (Powertech)
    Kolto Pack (Scoundrel)
    Underworld Medicine (Scoundrel)
    Kolto Waves (Scoundrel)
    habilities that hide the weapon in hand

theory: what this hability have in commom ? they hide the blaster, and when the animation finish the programmer forgot to force holster to render back like he did with the pistol
    solution: Force render holster again or let the pistol stay in hands while casting the animation (good idea)

obs: Make sure the weapon is on hand (basicaly combat mode)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have the DT-11 Blaster pistol and the holster disappears constantly. I run a Gunslinger most of the time and both holsters will disappear often. During combat, activating mount, or using a number of the abilities. They ALWAYS disappear when I enter a cutscene, have not once seen them during one. As stated above, when an animation that hides the weapon or changes the blaster during the ability the holster disappears and doesn't come back. They also disappear when I loot after combat if I have the blasters in my hands as well.

Only way to get them to come back is to hope when you load to a new area, go into the Outfitter and hit the "Show Gear as Outfit" then reenable it, or change to a different outfit.

It's rather frustrating to spend money on these blasters that have holsters only to have them be as glitchy as they are. Besides the holster for the DT-11 disappearing, during cutscenes where it shows the back end of the blaster the moving parts (the slide inside the blaster) disappear consistently in every scene.

Can't believe this is still a bug after so many years. Please fix it!

Edited by JusticeMoody

Rule of thumb: Don't buy anything with separate or moving parts.

They need to allow returns and refunds. Or failing that, get sued (with your legal fees as part of the settlement). Most won't go that route because of the relatively low real money value and they capitalize on this to provide inferior products. You paid for a holster. They need to provide you that holster or refund the cash.

Edited by Dayshadow

So, I just noticed that Version 7.3 will be bringing with it the new CP-2 Bryar Pistol (Cassian inspired blaster) in the Cartel Marketplace which will have an included holster.  For the love of Gord, PLEASE fix this holster issue in 7.3 BEFORE putting this new blaster on sale!  Otherwise you're only going to upset the player base even more! 

I have spoken. :csw_fett:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

Otherwise you're only going to upset the player base even more! 

You think they care?

And they'll also keep making outfits with masks with hoods that make you look like you're on chemo. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dael_Adaon said:

12 May 23 - three years on this thread and counting. Blasters still lose their holsters, holsters show up in stealth, etc. etc. Any idea about a fix for this? Even an acknowledgement?

Apparently, we need to just stop making sense, because at EA-Owned Studios, if it makes sense, it's not allowed! 🙄