The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Full Time Double XP...

akdonkey

I love double XP and I would buy it Full time on my account....

you're already getting at least 6x exp more now, then you did for launch. If they did give you double xp now, they'd have double xp events in the future, and people would want that double xp after that, etc. Before long, you start your char, take one step and suddenly you are level 75 :eek: ok slight exaggeration but where does it stop.

Edited by DarkTergon

you're already getting at least 6x exp more now, then you did for launch. If they did give you double xp now, they'd have double xp events in the future, and people would want that double xp after that, etc. Before long, you start your char, take one step and suddenly you are level 75 :eek: ok slight exaggeration but where does it stop.

The 6x thing is only for class-mission turn-in.

hah, i remember when i played years ago my bro deleted a lvl 20 Jugg and I actually called to have them restore it for me...

now i can get to lvl 20 on any character in no time

hah, i remember when i played years ago my bro deleted a lvl 20 Jugg and I actually called to have them restore it for me...

now i can get to lvl 20 on any character in no time

I can remember someone saying that once, a long time ago, no idea if it was you, but it's funny you mentioned it...brings back memories...lol

I love double XP and I would buy it Full time on my account....

in a way, being a subscriber already does that for you.

in the way you likely intended it, there are already legacy per-character perks that help in this. combined with other options, tis already fat enough of a boost imo.

there was a time where it was easier, and it had a purpose. that purpose is no longer in existence, so re-scaling it was appropriate.

anything more, at this time, is too much breakage and letting the hulk at that easy button again is completely un-necessary.

Edited by Kaveat

• 2 weeks later...

Since everyone is telling me its sort of like double xp or buy a level 70 token.

I have 61 level 75 alts. I want the double xp for Renown.

Like I said I would pay to have it. grinding Renown is worse. Tech Fragments well I feel like double xp effects tech fragment too.

Since everyone is telling me its sort of like double xp or buy a level 70 token.

I have 61 level 75 alts. I want the double xp for Renown.

Like I said I would pay to have it. grinding Renown is worse. Tech Fragments well I feel like double xp effects tech fragment too.

No. Not everyone is telling you those things. I certainly didn't.

However, RXP is neither here nor there. Renown is *meant* to be a (weak) supplement to the gear you get from other things (Conquest boxes, FP boss boxes, chapter boxes, etc. etc. etc.), so the fact that it's a weak supplement is entirely normal.

And no, Tech Frags from sources that aren't Renown levels aren't affected by "double" XP events. In fact, the +100 you get from ranking up Renown remains +100 but happens more often, obviously.

No. Not everyone is telling you those things. I certainly didn't.

However, RXP is neither here nor there. Renown is *meant* to be a (weak) supplement to the gear you get from other things (Conquest boxes, FP boss boxes, chapter boxes, etc. etc. etc.), so the fact that it's a weak supplement is entirely normal.

And no, Tech Frags from sources that aren't Renown levels aren't affected by "double" XP events. In fact, the +100 you get from ranking up Renown remains +100 but happens more often, obviously.

This, I have rarely gotten any gear from the renown boxes (mainly just upgrades for the armor, mods and enhancements). I have gotten the gear from the conquest boxes (both personal and the guild one) and then just save my credits and go and get the pieces I am mixing from the vendor.