Imperial Trooper armor set

Jedi_Daviz

I get that the devs released an Imperial Trooper Armor set at launch with the collectors edition bundle set. But since those are no longer available to buy in the U.S, there is no way to claim an imperial trooper armor set for new users today. Either release a similiar Imperial Trooper Armor set through the cartel market, or release the CE version from that vendor to all subscribers. Since the only thing the devs want is money, sell us stuff we want, instead of holding out. It's been nine years now since the set was released. If time = money, then your wasting money

Yeah, feeling pretty dumb about it, feel free to delete this post.

Don't. The Makeb reputation set is close but not the "same". The helmet is different than the set you are requesting and the light gray parts stay light gray even with a black/red dye. So it's a decent substitute but its no replacement by far.

For the *shape* of the set, use "Volatile Shock Trooper".

And this comes back to the thing I have suggested more than once, that they release, on the SWTOR Web Store, and consequently for real money, a "Digital-bits-only CE Upgrade" which grants all the things (except the 30 days of sub time) you'd get in-game from applying a CE key to your account.

Er...

One of those things is access to the CE vendor that sells the Imperial Trooper set.

You want it you do what we had to do and buy the CE.

Simple as that.

Why yes because those are easily available and they are a dime and a dozen:rak_01:

And this comes back to the thing I have suggested more than once, that they release, on the SWTOR Web Store, and consequently for real money, a "Digital-bits-only CE Upgrade" which grants all the things (except the 30 days of sub time) you'd get in-game from applying a CE key to your account.

This would be ideal, considering I've seen other games do it. I'd like to have a physical version but I doubt it'd be affordable so I'd settle for a digital one, if that never happens it isn't a big deal for me either. I don't mind not having access to that vendor, since I didn't bought the Collector's Edition but if they ever sold it digitally I'd be wiling to pay some extra money for it.

To be clear we dont know yet if the Devs are going to follow through with this pub joining Empire or Empire joining pub storyline. As right now your just a snitch if you are going that direction, however, if they do go through with it. Then your suddenly going to have Imperial troopers. This is one angle, the other angle is Pierce. He is described as being an Imperial black ops trooper. He dresses like an Imperial trooper. My point is its not too far off the map for a agent to go that route.

As for the Mekab armor unless they changed it and removed something else from the game. They're good at that. It does have imperial markings. If you apply the dye it looks just like the troopers on Korriban, however, it is missing the flap on the belt located at the center. The helmet does not have the antenna sticking out of the top of the helmet.

Lastly to the point, the other player said about making collectors edition a digital purchase, I say why not? The devs gain money and the player gains the Imperial trooper armor. I wouldn't expect them to make it cheap to be clear.

That is the point, it is a Collectors Edition, it is supposed to be limited in availability.

Why:rak_02: And most importantly, why remain it that way:rak_02: Truth be told I don't really care one way or another I'm just saying I'd be willing to give money for a digital collector's edition, hell even a physical but those are extremely hard to find if not impossible.

Edited by FlameYOL

Why:rak_02: And most importantly, why remain it that way:rak_02: Truth be told I don't really care one way or another I'm just saying I'd be willing to give money for a digital collector's edition, hell even a physical but those are extremely hard to find if not impossible.

People paid money because it was a collectors edition, limited, etc. If they release more physical versions, the original ones would lose value. A digital version may be a way around it, as people still have the physical items which will still stay limited (and hold, or increase in value), while giving access to the vendor, and the digital items to a wider audience.

People paid money because it was a collectors edition, limited, etc. If they release more physical versions, the original ones would lose value. A digital version may be a way around it, as people still have the physical items which will still stay limited (and hold, or increase in value), while giving access to the vendor, and the digital items to a wider audience.

That is all that is being asked for: a digital only Collector's Edition. And in reality, all but two of the digital items in the physical Collector's Edition are already obtainable in the Digital Upgrade Pack. The only two things missing: the mini-droid pet and access to the CE vendor. So in truth all people are asking for is a way to purchase access to the CE vendor. There is even no objection to this purchase having to be made with cash, like the Digital Upgrade Pack, and not made available as an in-game purchase through the Cartel Market.

I do not know if TOR Fashion is accurate, but some of the items on the Collector's Edition Vendor can be obtained in game via other means. I know two of the companion customization items are obtainable in the rewards for completing a starter world.

That is all that is being asked for: a digital only Collector's Edition. And in reality, all but two of the digital items in the physical Collector's Edition are already obtainable in the Digital Upgrade Pack. The only two things missing: the mini-droid pet and access to the CE vendor. So in truth all people are asking for is a way to purchase access to the CE vendor. There is even no objection to this purchase having to be made with cash, like the Digital Upgrade Pack, and not made available as an in-game purchase through the Cartel Market.

I do not know if TOR Fashion is accurate, but some of the items on the Collector's Edition Vendor can be obtained in game via other means. I know two of the companion customization items are obtainable in the rewards for completing a starter world.

I fully agree with you, and it has popped up a few times. Steve the cynic was one of the first people I saw mentioning the digital edition, and I agreed then, and the other numerous times it's popped up. But my other post was an answer to flame's 'Why' :)

Some of the customisation are available elsewhere, but to be honest, they aren't great. One of my fav things about it, is the black/yellow dye, I've made a few outfits, where it looks great. And of course, the imperial armour is nice to have. A digital edition would open that up to others, plus the extra cash would make the game more profitable. Not saying they'll pump it back in to the game, but as long as it's making money, it'll keep going, so it's all good :-D

I don't care nor have I ever cared about the physical items in the CE.

I only brought the CE for the in-game items, in particular the vendor and what was at the time a promise to "keep updating it" that was the real prize.

I spent $300 for mine, what are you prepared to pay?

was it $300 from the shop (on release), or was this bought later on?

I've been here since Beta, CE was purchased on release.

For about $300 NZD, its been 9 years so might be a little low there

was wondering, because the price on ebay can vary widely, I've seen it go for as low as $70, and up as far as $400 (ish). If they are to release a digital issue, they would probably have to put a 'price' on the physical stuff, then take it off what the CE edition was going for. /shrug

was wondering, because the price on ebay can vary widely, I've seen it go for as low as $70, and up as far as $400 (ish). If they are to release a digital issue, they would probably have to put a 'price' on the physical stuff, then take it off what the CE edition was going for. /shrug

Considering they have already done that by pricing the Digital Upgrade Pack at $4.99USD, I do not think a CE vendor unlock would cost much, if any, more.

Could just do it like FFXIV, seems to be what people are asking for;

Over there you have a section in your account where you can choose a digital upgrade for the base game and each expansion, assuming you own the base version. It takes a couple clicks, a few quid, and you are upgraded to CE as far as in game items, couldn't be easier.

It would actually make sense here given how long it has been since the retail version was available and the new players around just now.

Could just do it like FFXIV, seems to be what people are asking for;

Over there you have a section in your account where you can choose a digital upgrade for the base game and each expansion, assuming you own the base version. It takes a couple clicks, a few quid, and you are upgraded to CE as far as in game items, couldn't be easier.

It would actually make sense here given how long it has been since the retail version was available and the new players around just now.

we have a digital upgrade already, which you get on the website. So they are hoping they can expand on that, and get a CE version, if possible.