Personal Conquest: Pointless after cap while unguilded?

damonskye

I know you can ignore it.

But honestly, why? That stupid banner keeps flashing across the top. It makes the entire process feel like you're missing something. It needs a rework.

People have been asking for the banners and pop ups to be optional since they brought them in. It can be a real pain if you are crafting, and do say 40 war supplies, and log in to see it pop 40 times, plus all the other stuff that pops because of it :/

its akin to adverts on websites - you just ignore it and go about your business

Yes. I know you can ignore it. I know it's not a huge deal. I know you can move on.

But why is my initial point not coming across here?

What good are constant reminders of progress within a game, at a point when that progress is completely irrelevant?

THAT is the point I'm making here, from the perspective of a new player or an unguilded player. If we're getting notified of progress within SWTOR, that should be RELEVANT to what we are doing, and that is why the system is broken.

Edited by damonskye

What good are constant reminders of progress within a game, at a point when that progress is completely irrelevant?

because conquest isn't the game, it's a game within a game, another part, or path in the game, a mini game, or however you want to view it.

Yes. I know you can ignore it. I know it's not a huge deal. I know you can move on.

But why is my initial point not coming across here?

THAT is the point I'm making here, from the perspective of a new player or an unguilded player. If we're getting notified of progress within SWTOR, that should be RELEVANT to what we are doing, and that is why the system is broken.

Because you keep changing your message point, and those are being lost in your own dogmatic pontification about tangent issues. By this last post, you are now are focusing on CQP instead of the real problem that affects soo much more:

Giving players the ability to choose what (and when, and how often) they receive alerts about rather than forcing blanket alerts that start going off at 80% of max and don't stop until you either reach max or spend said currency below 80%.

Edited by Kaveat

If the only reason you consistenly play the game (pre-endgame) is because of conquest, then this is not your game. There is plenty to do and the initial chapters are widely considered the best part of the game.

I am fairly certain conquest was mainly meant for endgame. So people who have nothing else to do or achieve, still continue to play. Apart from the guild to guild competition, there is also a top 5 of contributors within a guild. For some, that is also an incentive to get more points. Quite a few guild reward these top contributors too btw.

EDIT: besides, achievements without rewards are still achievements. Most of the legacy achievements do not give rewards for instance

Edited by Gokkus

EDIT: besides, achievements without rewards are still achievements. Most of the legacy achievements do not give rewards for instance

Yeah, where's my reward for doing the Sudoku in today's paper? If the newspaper wants me to subscribe they need to give better rewards! 😉

Edited by JediQuaker

Because you keep changing your message point

No, I'm not. My point is still that there is a visible conquest progression system popping up after you've completed it, and rather than being able to disable it, I'd like there to actually be reasons to keep progressing conquest. Otherwise it's pointless after cap if you're unguilded... and if you're a new player, quite offputting that there exists a system you're being rewarded for and not getting anything for it.

The rest of you are being contrarian and unhelpful. There's NO REASON why they can't offer rewards for a system they designed as a progression.

Edited by damonskye