Everytime I feel like playing this game

Templock

I think to myself...

"Hmm how am I going to deal with the ridiculous leveling speed?"

"I know, I'll limit myself to crafted gear using mats from planets as I reach them".

"Oh but I want to stack alacrity to speed up combat a bit. I can stack alacrity without increasing my direct damage, and it's not limited by level sync so it's a fair course of action".

"But alacrity scales down with level so limiting myself to low level crafted gear as I rocket up in levels would be pointless, not to mention the only crafting skill that lets me stack alacrity is Cybertech".

"I know, I'll just use vendor alacrity enhancements. They're only greens but oh well, I guess I'll just have to compromise".

"But if I do that, then what's the point of crafting? I mean I do enjoy crafting in this game, but it's kinda rendered useless by the leveling rate. I suppose I could use one of the other armor crafting skills for the hell of it and give up on stacking alacrity for gear with fixed stats (I'd have to do the same on WoW). I mean ultimately stats are meaningless at low levels due to level sync. It's a shame I can't twink out my character just for the hell of having nice shiny epic gear. I mean I could, but then I'd need a second character with Slicing, or compromise yet again and buy the slicing mats off the GTN (I guess I'd also have to do this on WoW)."

"Oh well, I mean there's no way I'm going to slow down my leveling whatever I do. Just use the vendor enhancements. I'll still hit the level sync cap with just those enhancements."

And then I log on to the game.

"Oh, this game is still boring."

I think to myself...

"Hmm how am I going to deal with the ridiculous leveling speed?"

"I know, I'll limit myself to crafted gear using mats from planets as I reach them".

"Oh but I want to stack alacrity to speed up combat a bit. I can stack alacrity without increasing my direct damage, and it's not limited by level sync so it's a fair course of action".

"But alacrity scales down with level so limiting myself to low level crafted gear as I rocket up in levels would be pointless, not to mention the only crafting skill that lets me stack alacrity is Cybertech".

"I know, I'll just use vendor alacrity enhancements. They're only greens but oh well, I guess I'll just have to compromise".

"But if I do that, then what's the point of crafting? I mean I do enjoy crafting in this game, but it's kinda rendered useless by the leveling rate. I suppose I could use one of the other armor crafting skills for the hell of it and give up on stacking alacrity for gear with fixed stats (I'd have to do the same on WoW). I mean ultimately stats are meaningless at low levels due to level sync. It's a shame I can't twink out my character just for the hell of having nice shiny epic gear. I mean I could, but then I'd need a second character with Slicing, or compromise yet again and buy the slicing mats off the GTN (I guess I'd also have to do this on WoW)."

"Oh well, I mean there's no way I'm going to slow down my leveling whatever I do. Just use the vendor enhancements. I'll still hit the level sync cap with just those enhancements."

And then I log on to the game.

"Oh, this game is still boring."

Why are you here if you don't like the game? IMO It's far from boring but i play differently than you I think.

I think to myself.... blah, blah, blah ...

Here's a simple answer for you. Buy or craft a set of basic orange gear. Don't put any armorings or mods in it - just Alacrity enhancements (if you must). And/or just use Alacrity earpiece and implants.

Then go questing in this gear without a companion. 🙂

Meanwhile, you can craft augment slots and augments (and/or other stuff).

And, you can wear fancy armor as an outfit, for looks, without affecting stats.

I've never experienced an issue keeping up with stats while levelling, mainly because when it comes to PvE:

1. Level is irrelevant prior to 75 except as a requirement for content (SoR, KOTFE, KOTET, etc.).

2. It's not difficult, with a companion, to solo in empty orange shells to at least level 30 if not higher. I've done it.

Unless you're mix-maxing while you're leveling, which in this game makes absolutely no sense, you've no need to worry or care what your stats are before you run your first op.

This isn't ESO or EQ2. Don't panic over stat curves prior to level 75. PvE is totally playable with low stats.

Ask any newbie who doesn't know squat about stats.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I've never experienced an issue keeping up with stats while levelling, mainly because when it comes to PvE:

1. Level is irrelevant prior to 75 except as a requirement for content (SoR, KOTFE, KOTET, etc.).

2. It's not difficult, with a companion, to solo in empty orange shells to at least level 30 if not higher. I've done it.

Unless you're mix-maxing while you're leveling, which in this game makes absolutely no sense, you've no need to worry or care what your stats are before you run your first op.

This isn't ESO or EQ2. Don't panic over stat curves prior to level 75. PvE is totally playable with low stats.

Ask any newbie who doesn't know squat about stats.

Er, I think you entirely missed the point of the op. He/she was not complaining about the difficult leveling curve, but exactly the opposite due to the things you listed in your post. According to him/her it's too easy to level and therefore boring.

Edited by Phazonfreak

er, i think you entirely missed the point of the op. He/she was not complaining about the difficult leveling curve, but exactly the opposite due to the things you listed in your post. According to him/her it's too easy to level and therefore boring.

levels do not matter just play

Levels are gates. For subs, below are the real levels in the game:

Level 1: New toon

Level 2: Enough points to get to "level" 10 so you can use crystal mods and get non-story companions on fleet

Level 3: Enough points to get to "level" 50 so you can begin Shadow of Revan

Level 4: Enough points to get to "level" 60 so you can begin KOTFE

Level 5: Enough points to get to "level" 65 so you can begin KOTET

Level 6: Enough points to get to "level" 70 so you can participate in operations

Level 7: Enough points to get to "level" 75 so you can start the 306 gear grind

In between are the "soft levels" necessary to get class abilities and additional combat proficiencies.

The only other reason to have level after level after level is to provide a constant positive Pavlovian feed-back loop to increase game addiction. Nothing else functionally.

Levels are gates. For subs, below are the real levels in the game:

Level 1: New toon

Level 2: Enough points to get to "level" 10 so you can use crystal mods and get non-story companions on fleet

Level 3: Enough points to get to "level" 50 so you can begin Shadow of Revan

Level 4: Enough points to get to "level" 60 so you can begin KOTFE

Level 5: Enough points to get to "level" 65 so you can begin KOTET

Level 6: Enough points to get to "level" 70 so you can participate in operations

Level 7: Enough points to get to "level" 75 so you can start the 306 gear grind

In between are the "soft levels" necessary to get class abilities and additional combat proficiencies.

The only other reason to have level after level after level is to provide a constant positive Pavlovian feed-back loop to increase game addiction. Nothing else functionally.

the part about shadow of revan is wrong

lvl 50 is where you start makeb story line and at lvl 55 you start shadow of revan

I run every new char in the empty exp armour up to 75, with whatever left side stuff I pick up, have never had an issue going all the way up to Kotfe, including all the dailies.

My approach is to ignore it and concentrate on actually playing, appreciating the stories and the oddments of hilarious / sad / (rarely) profound dialogue to be found in weird corners of the planets, and so on.

Some of the best features in this game are the stories, but also the little interactions, minor parts.

Edited by DarkTergon

The stories are really great I love doing them, I got like 30 toons cause some of the class stories I've been doing like opposite alignment than the norm on. Or just making new toons to make new toons cause of double xp.

The stories are really great I love doing them, I got like 30 toons cause some of the class stories I've been doing like opposite alignment than the norm on. Or just making new toons to make new toons cause of double xp.

I'm up to 85 on SF alone...lol, and start new stories every now and then, especially when I get some new idea about a char...lol. Or if people want to start new stuff

I'm up to 85 on SF alone...lol, and start new stories every now and then, especially when I get some new idea about a char...lol. Or if people want to start new stuff

Ya man this game is super addicting everyone hating on it but I'm having a blast doing the casual story stuff and I'm good with that.

Level is a Number and nothing more... Ignore it.

Play the game, Level Sync will solve the false perception of leveling too fast.

Don't use every booster in the game there is that you can use..... Play without them.

Play only the Class Story missions, leave the Story Arc and Discovery missions for later until after you've finished Onderon.

Don't level during Double EXP event. Unless you "want to" blast through your levels.

Do this and you will stay with in 1 to 2 levels of what ever planet your playing in the Class Missions. Don't space bar through everything and it will take you about 1 to 3 weeks to complete the whole story line all the way to Onderon.

Or you can totally disregard every thing here and boost yourself to the max, skip everything and be level 75 by the time you hit Taris. Then you'll do the whole story line, story arc, and discovery missions in about 1 week and have nothing left to do.

It's Up to You.

My approach is to ignore it and concentrate on actually playing, appreciating the stories and the oddments of hilarious / sad / (rarely) profound dialogue to be found in weird corners of the planets, and so on.

Best advice really. I still play this game over and over cause I love the stories. I even love some of the side quest npcs. ;)

wow a person that does not call anyone 'he' by default, how rare

cuz most of the time even if shes named 'superpinkygirl' most people call her a he hahahaha

To be fair, 9 out of 10 times the player is a he, even with a name like that. I mean, I'm a guy and I play female characters only. Bu then I don't take offence when other players refer to me with "she".

Edited by Tsillah

To be fair, 9 out of 10 times the player is a he, even with a name like that. I mean, I'm a guy and I play female characters only. Bu then I don't take offence when other players refer to me with "she".

And, to be fair, most people don't give a [bleep] about the whole issue.

And to be realistic - I have both 'male' and 'female' characters, but my current 'main' character is 'female'. But, since it's only a bunch of digits floating around in a world of digits, 'it' doesn't actually care what pronoun you use to refer to 'it'. 😂

Edited by JediQuaker