Nerf Aurora Cannon and Long Shot heroics

JasonThDi

Seriously. I was doing Long Shots with Doc, at 50 influence with me, and almost ended up dying to one of the groups. I had to use my heroics and my defensive cooldowns to win the fight. It's why I hate having to do the Section X weekly. My Guardian is at iRating 30 with full 306 gear.

No don't, I have had difficulities, but it's not impossible. My sage, sith warrior and bounty hunter were all doing fine with the right roles and focus on certain skills.

Besides, heroics are not supposed to be easy, especially the 4+ ones. And the Aurora Cannon/long shot heroics not only require from you to come with good gear if you want to solo them, you also need to think on your skills, who and when to stun or how to use the enviroment so you don't fall flat on your face.

Edited by olusiek

You can skip all the mobs with a stealth character and even if you are not one, you can simply run through the entire corridor and pop your defensive and movement abilities along the way. This works fine with all classes.

The Heroic has alread been nerved in that you don't need a full group anymore. Before that you really needed 4 people to open the energy fields and pass through and also to expose the core at the end in order to throw the grenade to destroy it. Nowadays you can just throw it and jump into the abyss to respawn at the medcenter with the quest completed.

I actually like the Heroic a lot, because it is a good test gauntlet to determine whether you understand how and when to deploy your defensive cooldowns and utilities. There are not a lot of them left in the game.

/not signed

Seriously. I was doing Long Shots with Doc, at 50 influence with me, and almost ended up dying to one of the groups. I had to use my heroics and my defensive cooldowns to win the fight. It's why I hate having to do the Section X weekly. My Guardian is at iRating 30 with full 306 gear.

As mentioned, that Heroic has already been nerfed with no longer having mechanics requiring multiple players to complete it. And, the Dread Guard Legion Commander - that gold champion boss at the end - is now a skippable bonus. Hug the right or left side of that area and you can complete the Heroic without aggroing that boss.

That Heroic is where awareness, strategy, and an understanding of rotation/DCDs are needed. It does not need nerfing.

Edited by Nmyownworld

The "Jennur's Horde" rules(1) apply here.

1. If something is hard, that's an opportunity to learn to play better. This is a general rule for hard content, but I learned it, in spades, in Jennur's Horde. Long Shot merely forced me to remember it.

2. Control your rate of advance so as to aggro only one group at a time. This, too, is a general rule for *any* content, but Long Shot forced me to remember what Jennur's Hiorde taught me about this subject.

Jennur's Horde is a "mission" from GW1's Nightfall campaign == chapter-end class story mission in SWTOR terms. It's a huge step up in difficulty compared to non-mission content *and* compared to mission content in earlier or later missions. The difficulty does not come from the fact that all enemies are four to eight levels above your max-level characters - that's *normal* for max-level GW1 content - but from the different groups being closer together than normal *and* there being a regular group that runs along the map seeking to kill the relatively defenceless NPC at your starter location. That group spawns every two minutes and must be systematically killed *every* time you meet it.

If you advance too quickly, you get mobbed by multiple groups and killed, and if you get distracted and fail to engage the runners, they kill the NPC, and in either case you immediately fail the mission.

Once you crack what's necessary, it devolves into a slightly dull series of run-fight-stand-fight(2) in which you will kill about a dozen groups of runners, but until then, it's a bit stressful.

(1) At various times, I have cited both of these as "the" Jennur's Horde rule, and eventually I realised that (a) I learned them both in there, and (b) both of them have value independently of the other. They are, therefore, the Jennur's Horde *rules*.

(2) Run forward, fight a static group, stand and wait for a group of runners, fight them, repeat.

/not signed.

They are do able, if you take your time. Or as someone said just run, put your comp on heal, pop defensives, use aoe stuns, and mostly, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...err I mean running.... Even if you die, respawn in place and continue, the most I've died, on my worst char, was probably twice.

Edited by DarkTergon