Struggle between Sage and Sorcerer.

Niyuli

Hello there. I'm a new player in this game and I love the ranged classes to play. So I want to ask you for opinion which one is cooler? I created both but I don't have yet opinion. Maybe some veteran which plays both can help me a bit.

Cheers!

I'll make a two point post:

1) Look/apearance: Both have cool looking skills IMO. The sith have these cool looking purple and blue lihtning spells. They are nice compared to many SWtOR skills, Especialy the chaneling AoE.

The jedi ones are more unics in the MMO universe IMO. They trow rocks like if they where using the force to move objects, wich I really like. So its storm litning vs froce trowing.

2) Lore: Well without spoiling anything most jedi player seems to play their char like some kind of paladin. Sith like dark knight. Well you can play it your own way.

Verdict: I play both personaly, I prefer the jedi skill animation but I prefer playing the story like a deiciving, manipulative character. I'm not that evil but I will chose the option lie if it can give me what I want.

Cool is notoriously subjective. I'll stick to the nature-of-story differences without spoilers:

1. Inquisitor's story is about his/her rise through the ranks, defeating - as Sith do - their superiors to take their place. Struggles with internal demons (you'll see :)) and recruiting companions. Does not have much - if anything - to do with the larger galactic struggles, wars, events, and outcomes. Lots of emotion and fury in both tone and choice of words of the character. Can be played as both light-side and dark-side; the final difference is slight.

2. Consular's story starts by saving the Jedi Order itself and proceeds to use diplomacy and subterfuge to gather allies, receive pledges of their militaries for the war against the Empire, recruit companions along the way, and help defeat the Empire on Corellia at the end of Chapter 3 of the class story. Very even and measured in tone and choice of words of the character. Can be played as both light-side and dark-side; the final difference is slight.

Of course, there are huge differences in the gameplay experience based on the specific Discipline you choose (there are 6 Disciplines for each). Each of the Consular/Inquisitor classes has a choice between 4 DPS Disciplines, a Tank and a Healer Discipline.

Edited by mike_carton

Select the type of story that you prefer, the rest is pretty much just different animations and names for abilities that do exactly the same. I sound the inquisitor storyline more satisfying. Once you know how to play a sorc, you can play a sage and vice versa as the abilities are mirrored.

Personally I prefer to shoot lightning (sorc) rather than throwing pebbles (sage) but I play both.

Edited by Eriamea

• 1 month later...

Personally I prefer to shoot lightning (sorc) rather than throwing pebbles (sage) but I play both.

I play lightning and telekinetics, mirror disciplines. And the lightning is way better than the telekinetics. Especially with the Stormwatch tactical... when it procs for telekinetics you see the guy has a tiny little headache animation but with lightning, it literally strikes him with lightning from the sky. That tactical is a huge difference between the look of both even though they do exactly the same thing