Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Show the whole map.

Coyotecalls

I realize that it's a MMO tradition to hide the areas of the map you haven't been too but you designed planets like Dromund Kaas SO FREAKING POORLY that it's difficult to get ANY where. I had a quest to go to get the Mask of Revan and the hardest part of the quest was finding the one *********** sliver of road that indicated there was a fork leading into a undiscovered zone. Hiding the map is freaking retarded! We live in a civilization where they have mapped GALAXIES how can the Empire not *********** afford maps?

I don't care if you show the map with a color overlay for the parts that we haven't explored but SHOW IT so we will know how to get into the areas that your freaking HORRIBLE map design made impossible to get to except for the one specific foot path.

The map is terrible and takes a lot of getting used to.

Exploration is also terrible because there just isn't anything to find out there except for invisible walls and other shenanigans (Alderaan/Taris :rolleyes: ).

The only problem I had with Taris is the map doesn't show elevation. So I didn't know the research lab entrance was below me...

Cant find the objective on the first planet...this game may get hard for you

Now now, be fair! It's the second planet! He survived a whole world and then managed to find his way across a big space station.

Honestly, the map revealing itself isn't a problem, the problem I have with the map is I can't click to view an area I'm not currently in, even on the same planet. I wish I could bring up other maps sometimes, not for any purpose other that idle boredom while on a taxi or something, but I miss the ability to do that.

The map isn't the problem at all. It's the design of the planet. They put so many twisting roads that go around pointless, wastes of space like impassable hills that I could easily jump over if not for the terribly bad game design that needs to be fixed. In the end though it's easier just to show people how to get around the asinine decorative mountain than to change the world and make it so you can jump over something higher than a shoe box.

Now now, be fair! It's the second planet! He survived a whole world and then managed to find his way across a big space station.

Honestly, the map revealing itself isn't a problem, the problem I have with the map is I can't click to view an area I'm not currently in, even on the same planet. I wish I could bring up other maps sometimes, not for any purpose other that idle boredom while on a taxi or something, but I miss the ability to do that.

You can do that.... at least on the same planet.

Click on the entrance to a place, and you get the map for it.

My problem was the quest I was given was in a covered area of the map and the SINGLE way into that area was also obscured. They need to show us the ROADS at least. Even if you don't know what's on the roads ahead of you, it would be helpful to know where the ONE path is you can take to get to where you are going since you can't climb over hills or rocks larger than knee high for some reason. Any other MMO in the world you can get into zones in multiple ways or climb up hill sides. You aren't limited to one single entrance to any quest zone that you must take. They failed horribly at making a user-friendly game world so they should at least give us a working map.

No one likes to play the "Guess where the developers hid the road" game.

Edited by Coyotecalls

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.