The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

10th anniversary-what can we expect?

LanceDefender

I just spoke to the dev team. They can make it 35.7 minutes long. They were indeed planning to make it 30 mins but they will accommodate us with these extra minutes. Something to do with skytroopers but they didn't want to say more than that.

Are you telling me that Skytroopers are gonna spawn for 30 minutes and when they stop, we'll have 5.7 minutes of gameplay?!

Sounds legit.

A news came out saying that they will migrate an engine: https://bityli.com/fyDxd

Thanks for the teleport back to the late 80's.

We'll get the fun and exciting return of DvL in which you too can enjoy rehashing all the old content again on eight different newly created toons. There will also be a Cartel sale on additional character slots so you can participate in this joyous occasion. And if you act quickly and log in during certain dates prior to the anniversary you'll also receive a gloriously recolored droid pet.

I expect a re-colored speeder or droid for throwing thousands of snowballs, a forgettable title for hugging 10,000 wookies, and a few over priced "anniversary exclusive" items in the Cartel Market.

Anyone who has been around the last 9 anniversaries should know not to expect much more than that.

This ^^ and only this ^^ :rak_03:

Definitely not an expansion, if it were then it would be in production already but from the dev stream it was clear they have no idea what to do yet.

Hmmm... IMO ... that was more of a ruse. I have no factual data to positively assert that statement. But the simple fact is that it takes months (at the least) to develop and prepare for release any sizeable content with any degree of quality.

Edited by OlBuzzard

• 4 months later...

Honestly, simply bringing the character graphics up to parity across the game would be a huge win. If the quality of

all the armors, character models and weapons was all equalized with Darth Malora, Tau and Malgus (Reborn) the game

would look immensely better. So many of the older outfits have noticeably low res textures and low poly counts and the

faces/hair have needed a revamp since pretty much launch.

A new engine would be amazing but not without all the work I mentioned above, enhanced lighting and better shaders

won't make up for dated low res textures and low poly models. All of this is highly unlikely though as it would take a small

team years to port everything to a new engine and update the graphics assets. The engine would actually be the easier

part of the equation, it would just need a back-end capable of running the scripts and databases from the current one

and plugins to read the model/animation formats.