People trying harder for wins is already over.

chrisforester

I play unranked warzones.

For a a few days after the changes to rewards came in requiring wins, and the deserter lockouts went live, in some matches people tried harder for the win and stayed in longer. Indeed out of maybe 10 matches I played in one day, onr or 2 were indeed surprise turnarounds where under the previous system people would have left to re-queue.

That glimmer of light, and it was a mixed picture even then, is now extinguished.

The behaviour now, rather than desert, is stop trying in an unwinnable match with lots of players just switching to basic attack with bothering to defend and wait for the match to end.

And the quitting matches are coming back, especially no doubt for those who have multiple end game toons.

And folks are starting to abandon pvp where rewards are locked behind a win and after whatever, 3 losses in a row there is no motivation to complete the daily any more.

Way, way worse than before.

sigh.

I play unranked warzones.

For a a few days after the changes to rewards came in requiring wins, and the deserter lockouts went live, in some matches people tried harder for the win and stayed in longer. Indeed out of maybe 10 matches I played in one day, onr or 2 were indeed surprise turnarounds where under the previous system people would have left to re-queue.

That glimmer of light, and it was a mixed picture even then, is now extinguished.

The behaviour now, rather than desert, is stop trying in an unwinnable match with lots of players just switching to basic attack with bothering to defend and wait for the match to end.

And the quitting matches are coming back, especially no doubt for those who have multiple end game toons.

And folks are starting to abandon pvp where rewards are locked behind a win and after whatever, 3 losses in a row there is no motivation to complete the daily any more.

Way, way worse than before.

sigh.

What server do you play on?

What time of day do you Que?

I play on SS in the afternoon/evening hours. I'm not seeing WZ participation decline like it used to. In fact i have experienced the opposite, more comebacks, more close matches. I still see some people leave here and there and not many afk players, backfills usually help turn the tide now, something i wasn't experiencing often before the changes.

So maybe the cause of your symptoms is related to time and location, maybe it's not.

What server do you play on?

What time of day do you Que?

I play on SS in the afternoon/evening hours. I'm not seeing WZ participation decline like it used to. In fact i have experienced the opposite, more comebacks, more close matches. I still see some people leave here and there and not many afk players, backfills usually help turn the tide now, something i wasn't experiencing often before the changes.

So maybe the cause of your symptoms is related to time and location, maybe it's not.

Prior to this evening, I was noticing the same thing as the OP. However, even though my damage was garbage for several games (partly because playing Combat and being permastunned, partly because I was not using resolve correctly), I have noticed that SOME players are trying more. But, that is not stopping others from acquiring the deserter debuff. Also queues are taking longer.

Side note (not that anyone cares...and I get it), I am FINALLY starting to quickly notice buff/debuffs and acting on them. I did not think I could do it in my old age, but my effort is paying off.

So, overall, good night for me. I had a 60% win rate this evening.

Prior to this evening, I was noticing the same thing as the OP. However, even though my damage was garbage for several games (partly because playing Combat and being permastunned, partly because I was not using resolve correctly), I have noticed that SOME players are trying more. But, that is not stopping others from acquiring the deserter debuff. Also queues are taking longer.

Side note (not that anyone cares...and I get it), I am FINALLY starting to quickly notice buff/debuffs and acting on them. I did not think I could do it in my old age, but my effort is paying off.

So, overall, good night for me. I had a 60% win rate this evening.

Hey nice job!

It's never too late to figure these things out, it just takes effort and persistence.

I would log in every day just to (at least) do my daily PVP matches. Even arena matches, which I hate with the intensity of a billion burning suns. Depending on how the day was going, I would stay long after I'd turned in my dailies and weeklies. And I would always try my best. I am far from a PVP deity, but maximum effort was always owed, even if the other team was brutally scalping us.

Now, I auto-drop from arenas before they even start, because I have no real reason to stay , and in those cases where I get an actual warzone, the first match has invariably set the tone for the day. I understand EAWare wants to sell us stuff, and I don't expect any grand rewards for a loss, but I'm not forking over CC's or credits simply to keep adrenals and warzone meds at hand.

This change, in my opinion, is one of the most fabulously myopic decisions I have experienced.

I'm one of them.

I used to play obj's and try hard to win, i'd get mad and pissed after 2 or 3 matches and rage quit.

In my team I was the only one trying to win the game while the rest would deathmatch at mid.

Nowadays I couldn't care less about obj, my objective is to farm the enemy team, to kill them as much times as I can. Now I play 4 to 5 hours of pvp and have zero stress.

Another thing that made me stop playing obj in Huttball is the Operative roll, it's impossible to counter-play because of de-sync.