Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

give us Sub Reward: Nico vs Shae 2 (*both companions)

BlackSilverFire

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just as easily say this sounds like envy.

I've never actually seen anybody with that attitude you described, I've only seen numerous posts here describing people as such because they refused to agree with people arguing for these types of things. I have no problem with things being exclusive in this game. It doesn't matter to me how they were distributed by design (Ranked PvP rewards, NiM Ops rewards, RNG, Sub rewards, etc...). If I didn't qualify for something, it's not going to make or break this game for me. I believe that if the Devs decide to offer exclusive awards or rewards, they should stick to that design.

Finally, it's absurd to sit there blaming people for subbing when any sub rewards were being offered as if this really made the game worse. The last thing a company will do is pump more money into a game nobody is supporting. So are you really claiming that the game is worse today because people subbed?

This is the same way I feel. If I wasn't around for the rewards, then I didn't earn them, and I shouldn't be able to get them later. Nothing wrong with exclusive stuff in MMO's. Blizzard has plenty of Exclusive stuff in WoW after all, why not here?

uh huh, that's what I thought. you just want to horde and feel like a special snowflake by denying other players from getting them

I obviously need those rewards in order to look down on the have-nots and rub their faces in it with all the threads I start about having the nifty things.

/end sarcasm

Omg, really? <Another example of the difference of reading and comprehension. Shae is the only companion who can fully complete the look.

Why does that make Shae necessary to bring back? You can make any female comp or player have that look. My reading comprehension is fine. It's your logic I'm struggling to follow.

Why does that make Shae necessary to bring back? You can make any female comp or player have that look. My reading comprehension is fine. It's your logic I'm struggling to follow.

Just because you're mad about your special goodies being brought back, doesn't justify irrationally crying about hiding them from other players. You <still> lack comprehension of what I wrote: SSSAAAAAADDDDD. Shae is the <ONLY FEMALE HUMAN MANDALORIAN><----REREAD FOR 10 MINUTES :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You have no sound argument, everything revolves around your special snowflake status.

Edited by BlackSilverFire

Just because you're mad about your special goodies being brought back, doesn't justify irrationally crying about hiding them from other players. You <still> lack comprehension of what I wrote: SSSAAAAAADDDDD. Shae is the <ONLY FEMALE HUMAN MANDALORIAN><----REREAD FOR 10 MINUTES :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You have no sound argument, everything revolves around your special snowflake status.

I'm not mad. I just disagree with you. I do have a sound argument I have used plenty of times in the past:

From emails I received from SWTOR:

LAST CHANCE TO CLAIM A RARE BOUNTY: Unlock Shae Vizla -- legendary Bounty Hunter -- as a new Companion to fight by your side! (10-21-16)

FINAL CHANCE TO GET NICO OKARR AS A COMPANION! NIKO OKARR COMPANION OFFER EXTENDED THROUGH 8/10/15!Don't miss your FINAL CHANCE to get this legendary gunslinger Companion

http://f.chtah.com/s/4/2075851110/20150803_NicoLastChance_ALLLANG_nicookarr_en.jpg

I'm not mad. I just disagree with you. I do have a sound argument I have used plenty of times in the past:

From emails I received from SWTOR:

LAST CHANCE TO CLAIM A RARE BOUNTY: Unlock Shae Vizla -- legendary Bounty Hunter -- as a new Companion to fight by your side! (10-21-16)

FINAL CHANCE TO GET NICO OKARR AS A COMPANION! NIKO OKARR COMPANION OFFER EXTENDED THROUGH 8/10/15!Don't miss your FINAL CHANCE to get this legendary gunslinger Companion

http://f.chtah.com/s/4/2075851110/20150803_NicoLastChance_ALLLANG_nicookarr_en.jpg

That's not right. They were brought back after that, and no one in my guild who has them got any <*alleged>* emails on either of them. That little suspicious pic looks like it was posted in Dulfy,at best, or some fan website, as that's nothing official.

This is the same way I feel. If I wasn't around for the rewards, then I didn't earn them, and I shouldn't be able to get them later. Nothing wrong with exclusive stuff in MMO's. Blizzard has plenty of Exclusive stuff in WoW after all, why not here?

Problem is, you don't earn sub rewards. You get them as an extra to what you pay for normally (sub time, cartel coins). It's not an achievement, not a result of your hard work, not a reward for a lengthy quest chain...

It's different with PvP rewards or Master Ranos, etc, because you actually had to work to get them. You do zero work to be a sub.

Problem is, you don't earn sub rewards. You get them as an extra to what you pay for normally (sub time, cartel coins). It's not an achievement, not a result of your hard work, not a reward for a lengthy quest chain...

It's different with PvP rewards or Master Ranos, etc, because you actually had to work to get them. You do zero work to be a sub.

Exactly. just because someone wants to feel like a special snowflake, it's hurts the community as Nico and Shae are icons in this game's opening from the get-go and have <QUESTS> and <VOICE DIALOGUE & CONVERSATION> attached to them

That's not right. They were brought back after that, and no one in my guild who has them got any <*alleged>* emails on either of them. That looks like it was posted in Dulfy, or some fan website, as that's nothing official.

Actually, that is correct and I still have the emails. You are correct that they brought them back once after that. My argument is that you shouldn't advertise that and then not follow through. If an item is advertised as an exclusive, then keep it so. That is my opinion.

As for your Shae (human female Mando comp) argument, you applied the armor set designed after the Armorer as an argument why Shae must come back. My counter argument is that Shae is no more the Armorer than any other female. So that is not a relevant reason to bring Shae back since you can make any comp (or character) that also is not the Armorer, have that look. It's a cosmetic change that is irrelevant to the topic.

Exactly. just because someone wants to feel like a special snowflake, it's hurts the community as Nico and Shae are icons in this game's opening from the get-go and have <QUESTS> and <VOICE DIALOGUE & CONVERSATION> attached to them

I have to apologize. All this time I spent disagreeing with you. I didn't realize that all you really wanted was to also feel like a special snowflake.

Actually, that is correct and I still have the emails. You are correct that they brought them back once after that. My argument is that you shouldn't advertise that and then not follow through. If an item is advertised as an exclusive, then keep it so. That is my opinion.

As for your Shae (human female Mando comp) argument, you applied the armor set designed after the Armorer as an argument why Shae must come back. My counter argument is that Shae is no more the Armorer than any other female. So that is not a relevant reason to bring Shae back since you can make any comp (or character) that also is not the Armorer, have that look. It's a cosmetic change that is irrelevant to the topic.

That's just nonsense, which is all I've been seeing from you. Of course Shae can wear it: she's a Female Human Mandalorian who is also a Mandalore, "Mandalore The Avenger"!!!!!!!!!!!!!, <<<LOL>>>:D :D:D :D:D :D :D :D:D Are you really old enough to play this game?! ***ponders*** 🤔

How does one pay for a sub?

You do zero work in-game for a sub reward. You don't have to be a good player, you don't have to PvP, you don't have to spend time doing quests to get those rewards... Of course, most people do some outside work to pay for the sub. But Bioware doesn't add those rewards to congratulate you on being employed.

We don't earn sub rewards. We get them as a bonus for things we pay for every month as subs - sub time and cartel coins. Again, nice bonus but absolutely nothing to clutch to your chest and proclaim "but I thought only I was special!"

I have Nico. I've done nothing to earn him. I have no sense of pride or accomplishment. I don't care when other people got their Nicos. I do not look upon the players with HK and wonder if they were loyal little players and got him as a sub reward or bought him on Cartel Market. I feel nothing special using my special decos or mounts. I didn't earn those things. I am perfectly fine with other players getting all of my "rewards".

You do zero work in-game for a sub reward. You don't have to be a good player, you don't have to PvP, you don't have to spend time doing quests to get those rewards... Of course, most people do some outside work to pay for the sub. But Bioware doesn't add those rewards to congratulate you on being employed.

We don't earn sub rewards. We get them as a bonus for things we pay for every month as subs - sub time and cartel coins. Again, nice bonus but absolutely nothing to clutch to your chest and proclaim "but I thought only I was special!"

I have Nico. I've done nothing to earn him. I have no sense of pride or accomplishment. I don't care when other people got their Nicos. I do not look upon the players with HK and wonder if they were loyal little players and got him as a sub reward or bought him on Cartel Market. I feel nothing special using my special decos or mounts. I didn't earn those things. I am perfectly fine with other players getting all of my "rewards".

^Omg, ikr Perotta, you make <too> much sense.

(I'm all for sharing all my sub rewards, too.)

Doesn't matter. Once BW said it was an exclusive reward for subbing from date x through date y. If you didn't sub between those 2 dates you didn't fulfill the requirements. This means you shouldn't get that reward.

I didn't see this mentioned but you can get Nico and Shae as part of the story through Alliance Alerts. Does everybody (even if they were not subscribed during the relevant period) get those Alerts for Shae and Nico?

no. Those alerts do not appear if you were not a subscriber during those times they were offered.

Doesn't matter. Once BW said it was an exclusive reward for subbing from date x through date y. If you didn't sub between those 2 dates you didn't fulfill the requirements. This means you shouldn't get that reward.

You're going off some shanty pic which was obviously disproven, as Nico and Shae were back again for Nico vs Shae sub month after that "post' (whatever UNofficial site). Nothing says they can't be brought back, AS THEY ALREADY HAVE!:D Same went for HK-55 and The Shroud:D :D :D :D :D :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.