Stronghold Decorating with Friends

heybill

Hello SWTOR community,

Something that I was hoping we could continue to show support for and get behind is the ability to allow friends to decorate towards your stronghold. For instance I give a key to a friend, they should be able to decorate if I give them the capability. Strongholds can be a HUGE endeavor when taken on and having the help and extra creativity would be awesome.

Thanks,

Victoreea Secret (Satele Shan)

I like this idea. It would also be good for people who want their stronghold to look nice but they don't have any idea of where to put stuff. There's always at least a few other players willing to come in and decorate other people's strongholds.

Are you wanting people to be able to decorate strongholds they've been invited/given keys to, or are you wanting them to be able to share decorations and decorate stronghold they've been invited/given keys to. I would support the first option but not the later. Though these technically already exist with the guild stronghold dynamic.

Are you wanting people to be able to decorate strongholds they've been invited/given keys to, or are you wanting them to be able to share decorations and decorate stronghold they've been invited/given keys to. I would support the first option but not the later. Though these technically already exist with the guild stronghold dynamic.

The first only, being able to give a (Gold) key to a friend, so they can decorate (From YOUR decorations, not theirs).

Edited by DarkTergon

I fully support this idea. I do a great job at decorating would love to help others do theirs.

They key granted would allow the person temporary access to the key givers deco's and stronghold. They would not be able to purchase additional deco's only work with what is currently available. The owner can then take back the key if there is any falling out to avoid future sabotaging.

If this can be done with Guild ships and bases, why not with everyone else?

The first only, being able to give a (Gold) key to a friend, so they can decorate (From YOUR decorations, not theirs).

Well, I can see an immediate problem with that. Not only would the programming be a bit difficult, to give a player access to someone else's decorations, but the resultant "player X stole my decorations" complaints would be a constant PiB for CS.

About the only way I could see it working would be if you had to specifically "donate/transfer" the desired decorations to the decorator.

Well, I can see an immediate problem with that. Not only would the programming be a bit difficult, to give a player access to someone else's decorations, but the resultant "player X stole my decorations" complaints would be a constant PiB for CS.

About the only way I could see it working would be if you had to specifically "donate/transfer" the desired decorations to the decorator.

Think there has been a misunderstanding, the decorator doesn't get control of the decorations, they can only use the decos the s/h owner has. So there'd be no stealing, etc. You'd only be able to place decos the owner already has, or unlocks.

As for the programming, I've done very little programming, and I'm probably 30 years out dated with what I did learn...lol

We can hope it would be possible :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.