Why am I getting double loot from heroics all of a sudden?

Finrok

I just started doing heroics the other day on a character that unlocked the loot boxes from KOTFE, the ones that give out remnant armor and companion gofts. I switched over to an alt today and ran some heroics and noticed I am getting 2x loot boxes on this alt as opposed to the 1x loot boxes I got the other day on my main. What is going on and why is my alt getting 2x loot boxes?

Aren't those a different kind of boxes though?

Sort of. Up to level 60 you get fixed-stats blue ("MK-2") gear that's relevant for your character's "true" level. From 61 to 65 you get two locked Alliance crates *instead*, whose type depends on the specific H2. From 66 on, you get one locked Alliance crate, but the same type you got two of at 61-65.

I may have the boundaries wrong, particularly the 60/61, which might be 59/60.

Aren't those a different kind of boxes though?

Exactly. OP is clearly talking about the kotfe loot boxes, which only begin to appear from level 61 onward.

Sort of. Up to level 60 you get fixed-stats blue ("MK-2") gear that's relevant for your character's "true" level. From 61 to 65 you get two locked Alliance crates *instead*, whose type depends on the specific H2. From 66 on, you get one locked Alliance crate, but the same type you got two of at 61-65.

I may have the boundaries wrong, particularly the 60/61, which might be 59/60.

That doesn't square with my experience. You get two crates, depending on the heroic, from 61 onward. If you're only getting one, something's wrong on your end.

Edited by Ardrossan

That doesn't square with my experience. You get two crates, depending on the heroic, from 61 onward. If you're only getting one, something's wrong on your end.

And that does not square with my experience. I get two crates from level 61 for roughly five levels. If I don't misremember, it goes down to one at level 66. How do you know whose end something is wrong on?

And that does not square with my experience. I get two crates from level 61 for roughly five levels. If I don't misremember, it goes down to one at level 66. How do you know whose end something is wrong on?

Steve might be right and I just never noticed.

Edited by Ardrossan