The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sorry, this game is another Conan.

JediSanta

I have been playing every day 3-6hrs since a few days before launch and the only thing I have come close to capping is my scavenging skill. I feel so addicted because I am playing all the time. I would suggest that if anybody who is bored because they have capped off their character already to seriously get a life or play something else.

Think about it forum.... Who would waste their time in a forum bashing a game they don't like or bored of? If you like the game stay...If not leave...I play and do what I like...I suggest everybody else does the same.

So many trolls on this forum......

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No end game?

Let us remember a simpler time, when now giant success World of Warcraft was released.

It had no Raids, it had no Warzones in fact what you could say is that it had no end game content.

Now lets look at SWTOR.

It has a raid and it has 3 warzones.

Why golly that's sure allot more than what WoW had.

It also took forever to get to level 60 but from what I am seeing people are already max level and it took ONE WEEK (or less)

The honeymoon feeling is wearing off for many players and they are finding out, it just is not that great. Yes, it is a good game-but it is very standard and a little too basic.

Getting to 50 was a breeze. Getting crew skills to 400 literally took hours. There is no challenge to this game at all. 3 Wzs and they are very, very broken. How many times must I log into Huttball, find it has already started and then get tossed out because I am stuck in the start zone behind the barrier.

The classes are not diverse enough and endgame offers nothing at all to keep this game afloat.

Yes, I agree with everyone else--stop comparing this game to WOW, it is not even close to a WOW. It is more on the level of DC Universe Online and sadly--will no doubt meet the same fate as DCUO and be f2p in a year.

I like the game, it just has nothing really to offer for my $$$.

Flame away, just mark my words and we will see in a year.

Reading your post I don't think you have played DC or Conan to be so inaccurate.

I have been playing every day 3-6hrs since a few days before launch and the only thing I have come close to capping is my scavenging skill. I feel so addicted because I am playing all the time. I would suggest that if anybody who is bored because they have capped off their character already to seriously get a life or play something else.

Think about it forum.... Who would waste their time in a forum bashing a game they don't like or bored of? If you like the game stay...If not leave...I play and do what I like...I suggest everybody else does the same.

So many trolls on this forum......

I like the concept of the game, I enjoy leveling somewhat, but I don't like all the bugs (some that make the game unplayable for me) and things left out just so they can have voice acting, I also don't like the fact that it is basically a single player game with SOME multiplayer functions.

I like the concept of the game, I enjoy leveling somewhat, but I don't like all the bugs (some that make the game unplayable for me) and things left out just so they can have voice acting, I also don't like the fact that it is basically a single player game with SOME multiplayer functions.

Yeah, because in every other MMO you have to group for everything lol :rolleyes:

No difference in this MMO to another, you quest alone until you need to group for an instance or Heroic.

If I missing some other function every other MMO has and TOR is missing please enlighten me.

Edited by Kanharn

Honeymoon period is only over for the people who powered through too 50 in 3-4 days, which isn't a surprise a lot of modern MMOs encourage us to skim early content in order to get to end game content.

Swtor bucks this trend a bit by trying to engage us from the begining, this obviously isn't to everyones tastes but for me I am having a lot of fun just taking my time for a change instead of the rush rush rush feeling I get in WoW/Rift etc

Yeah, because in every other MMO you have to group for everything lol :rolleyes:

No difference in this MMO to another, you quest alone until you need to group for an instance or Heroic.

If I missing some other function every other MMO has and TOR is missing please enlighten me.

Rift has well.............Rifts that people group up for, and I am not talking "Looking for group this Rift" I am talking random spawning in the area everyone runs up and beats on them.

It's the design, not specifically the exclusion of groups. The design of this game is to do your questline, and do side-quests along the way. It is so specific, that there is no point to group up, and it is actually a burden to do so, unless you need to do flashpoints. There have been other games where you could group up to grind, and at the same time hope to get some good loot, as a way to level.

Rift has well.............Rifts that people group up for, and I am not talking "Looking for group this Rift" I am talking random spawning in the area everyone runs up and beats on them.

So that's all you have lol, Yeah it has Rifts and the most terrible gamplay, story, animations etc.. etc.. To ever grace the MMO world.

Talk about sc****** the barrel.

The honeymoon feeling is wearing off for many players and they are finding out, it just is not that great. Yes, it is a good game-but it is very standard and a little too basic.

Getting to 50 was a breeze. Getting crew skills to 400 literally took hours. There is no challenge to this game at all. 3 Wzs and they are very, very broken. How many times must I log into Huttball, find it has already started and then get tossed out because I am stuck in the start zone behind the barrier.

The classes are not diverse enough and endgame offers nothing at all to keep this game afloat.

Yes, I agree with everyone else--stop comparing this game to WOW, it is not even close to a WOW. It is more on the level of DC Universe Online and sadly--will no doubt meet the same fate as DCUO and be f2p in a year.

Warzones are not broken. I sit in there and heal away for hours in them. There are bugs. They arent broken. And the barrier is up so you arent able to swarm the end zone right below you in case your team is being smoked.

The only bug I have found in huttball is being shot into the air in the same direction over and over and over and over and over and over again. Changing my approach and even switching to the other vent on it and being shot in the exact same spot over and over and over again. Like it doesnt want me to leave the area in front of one of the toxic pits in the center. That has happened in two matches today. Im guessing the game has it out for me. :)

Comparing this game to AoC is silly and absurdly far fetched. I played that game at launch. It was launched unfinished and unplayable past the really awesome tutorial zone. Even now... AoC stinks out of the first zone. Its at least playable, which AoC was not at launch.

SW:ToR launched really well. With no huge game destroying issues. Bugs yes. Lots of them. Nothing that would cause Bioware to panic over because everyone was upset (like what happened with Age of Conan).

It is also nothing like DCUO. Closed and Open Beta tested that. That game is... well... the worst of all Super Hero MMOs. Looks nice, you just cant get into the story. There are still major bugs a year later. And there isnt anything to do when you do reach 50.

The problem with a lot of people is that they gunned it to 50. And they are there all by themselves. With nothing to do. Treating this game like WoW, which it is not. You have a story you feel a part of and a feel like you are actually playing an RPG.

It's the design, not specifically the exclusion of groups. The design of this game is to do your questline, and do side-quests along the way. It is so specific, that there is no point to group up, and it is actually a burden to do so, unless you need to do flashpoints. There have been other games where you could group up to grind, and at the same time hope to get some good loot, as a way to level.

So you dont do heroics and your not in a guild.

Seems the only issue is your play style and not the game.

Again, what you mention is no different to any other MMO, The only option TOR is missing is a 'search for group option' and we all know that is on the way.

+1 you win OP

The honeymoon feeling is still on for many players and they are playing it and agree that it is a great game. Yes, I said it is a great game and I am enjoying it.

Getting to 50 was a blast. Getting crew skills to 400 literally took hours. There is challenge to this game, 3 Wzs and they are very, very fun.

The classes are very diverse and endgame offers enough to keep the game afloat.

Yes, I agree with everyone else--stop comparing this game to WOW,It is 10x better than WoW. It is on another level than DC Universe Online and will no doubt not meet the same fate as DCUO and remain P2P until it's end.

I love the game and feel like my money was well spent.

Mark my words and we will see in a year.

So you dont do heroics and your not in a guild.

Seems the only issue is your play style and not the game.

Again, what you mention is no different to any other MMO, The only option TOR is missing is a 'search for group option' and we all know that is on the way.

Wrong and wrong.

So that's all you have lol, Yeah it has Rifts and the most terrible gamplay, story, animations etc.. etc.. To ever grace the MMO world.

Talk about sc****** the barrel.

Look, I like the game........as a single player, I will probably play it for the rest of my free month to take a break from WoW, then I will unsub and forget about it, sorry that's how I and apparently a lot of people feel, it doesn't measure up to anything else out there whether it be a console or another mmo.

I wanted this to be the next big thing, I honestly 100% truly did, I am a huge Star Wars fan and was really excited by the prospect of a newer better SWG, this did not do that, it gave me a single player Knights of the Old Republic that I can do some multiplayer things with.

Edited by Gunryu

It is also nothing like DCUO. Closed and Open Beta tested that. That game is... well... the worst of all Super Hero MMOs. Looks nice, you just cant get into the story. There are still major bugs a year later. And there isnt anything to do when you do reach 50.

Ima Disagree with you on that point. Ill Agree DCUO has no story, the quests just seem to be there to get you to level 50, but once there its like a whole other game has opened up. There is a heck of a lot of end game content, it just requires a bit of research and a small amount of grinding to unlock it all.

Duos, Duos hard Tier 1, With Tier 2 incoming. These arent just rehashes they are new instances altogether.

Then there are 4 man dungeons, again with tier 1 and 2 difficulties

Then there are 8 main raids, with more being added every couple of months or so. For a game thats barely been out a year, it has a ridiculous amount of End Game content.

I May be slightly biast as it was the first MMO I Capped on, but im overwhelmed by the amount they gave me the second i hit Cap

Wrong and wrong.

Glad you explained yourself in such detail lol.

This is what I expected, You have nothing at all to back up your comments.

This is the problem with forums, people post and don't really know what they are talking about.

Glad you explained yourself in such detail lol.

This is what I expected, You have nothing at all to back up your comments.

This is the problem with forums, people post and don't really know what they are talking about.

I already explained what I meant. Don't be hating cause you can't read or understand simple explanations.