Is deleting bitraider still a good thing to do or did devs fix the launcher?

Lanzend

Just look at the forums threads right now:

"Stuck in quickplay mode!"

"Can`t play my characters!"

"How do I download the other planets?"

"Can't get the game fully downloaded!"

"Remove Quick play mode!"

There never was a better time to get rid of bitraider, you might actually be able to play the game.

Edited by Mubrak

Just look at the forums threads right now:

"Stuck in quickplay mode!"

"Can`t play my characters!"

"How do I download the other planets?"

"Can't get the game fully downloaded!"

"Remove Quick play mode!"

There never was a better time to get rid of bitraider, you might actually be able to play the game.

Thanks. in progress.

When will they learn?

I tried installing with bitraider and got the planet downloading thing, did the work around to delete the three files and the bitraider folder etc.....the verifying every time was annoying.

I did the whole "disable bit raider thing and the "Installing Main Assets 1" has been suck at 98% for almost a half hour. I just want to play the game im paying for....thats all!

This seems to be the quick fix for the moment, and fromwhat I've seen in the forums, people who have used it have had the issues sorted. It's for the quick mode issue, but might work here too (seems to have for others

Set compatibility mode on the game shortcut to Windows XP Service Pack 3 to resolve the 0% issue

In general this is a hidden function and not required.

In general it is never bad to uninstall it.

FYI they recently released 2 patches (well one launching tomorrow being server side only), I doubt they wouldn't have handled the little issue you refer to, yet.

Anyways, since you asked let me list you what is good:

Uninstalling bitraider:

a) it's alway good if...

- you don't want a streaming in the background for what ever reason = high bandwith usage while you play, ,

- or if you have limited data volume

- if you don't want the software in general on your pc for what ever reason

b) it doesn't matter if...

- you download the game fully first, and then start to play

c) it's bad if...

- you want to play as early as possible (the game would download the remaining files in the background), it's quite some data.

So if this is not the case for you, it is at least not bad, understood?

Simple as that.

IMO it is not required, because it shouldn't be, some people don't know about it, of course it should be an option for those that want. Decide if you need to do it... don't change what works anyways.

d) unkown...

- wether the dev fixed the problem. To my knowledge and testing both ways work, you simply have the option.

- if you want to be on the secure site, just go with the uninstallment (delete both the folders on your pc then uninstall and change the launcher settings...)

- FYI not sure if this forum is the right place to talk about it.

FYI they recently released 2 patches (well one launching tomorrow 21st being server side only), I doubt they wouldn't have handled this yet.

Edited by HottesIce

Thanks. in progress.

When will they learn?

Oh they did learn. It is only the diehard fans who download from the main site need to go through it.

The Steam version - the public, newbie facing version - does not use BitRaider.

However it also makes player download all 43+GB before they can play, with a pity throttle somewhere that I don't experience with other games or big downloads (such as tools and VMs from Microsoft). Last I checked, most negative reviews are about the downloads.

I actually re-tried BitRaider on a fresh computer to write a (Chinese Trad.) newbie guide. The speed gain is very liberating. Wish they fix that instead of throttling almost everyone.

Edited by ElleSheepy