Keyboard Options

Hadsil

I play on a PC using keyboard/mouse. When presented my class abilities at the bottom of the screen I can only access 12 at a time using my keyboard keys 1 to =. I can scroll up and down using the mouse to click on the arrows to get a new row option of 12, but that's troublesome to do in combat. Instead I place a few options on a different row I can do out of combat, such as activate speeder, out of combat healing, and stealth mode for the characters who have it. Otherwise I only ever use 12 powers at a time for the game. Watching videos of those who play using the tv/game console they have access to all their powers because all slots are displayed. Is there a way to get that on the PC?

It hasn't been a problem in game play. I have my attack patterns and when powers take a while to reenergize I still have others to use. However, for some characters I really want more than 12 powers available, to have those I want in combat but don't always need but when I need it I really need it.

I play on a PC using keyboard/mouse. When presented my class abilities at the bottom of the screen I can only access 12 at a time using my keyboard keys 1 to =. I can scroll up and down using the mouse to click on the arrows to get a new row option of 12, but that's troublesome to do in combat. Instead I place a few options on a different row I can do out of combat, such as activate speeder, out of combat healing, and stealth mode for the characters who have it. Otherwise I only ever use 12 powers at a time for the game. Watching videos of those who play using the tv/game console they have access to all their powers because all slots are displayed. Is there a way to get that on the PC?

It hasn't been a problem in game play. I have my attack patterns and when powers take a while to reenergize I still have others to use. However, for some characters I really want more than 12 powers available, to have those I want in combat but don't always need but when I need it I really need it.

If I understand you right, you just need to enable additional rows in the interface editor. Click ESC -> Interface Editor, find "quickbar X" (the red ones) -> enabled. And there you have it.

Edited by simimuss

Watching videos of those who play using the tv/game console they have access to all their powers because all slots are displayed. Is there a way to get that on the PC?

Of course there is, because SWTOR is only available on PC.

The other post explained how to do it, but there's no console version of SWTOR that can be different from the PC version.

In the Interface Editor you can not only enable (and disable) skillbars, but you can also move them around and resize them. That is, they don't have to be just a straight row of 12 horizontal (1x12) or vertically (12x1)**. They can also be things like 2x6, 4x3, etc.

For example, I have 3 horizontal bars at the bottom of the screen (with main skills) and 2 smaller sized 4x3 bars to the right of them (with things like medpacs, mounts, macrobinoculars, etc) and 1 vertical bar on the right side of the screen.

** they don't need to remain the default horizontal or vertical, and they can be individually 'scaled' as well.

Edited by JediQuaker

Of course there is, because SWTOR is only available on PC.

The other post explained how to do it, but there's no console version of SWTOR that can be different from the PC version.

Really? Then how come the graphics artwork is different? Everyone has the same faces and outfits etc., but the aesthetics are different. I figured it was a console not a PC. The lighting appears darker and the visuals I guess more 3D looking.

Really? Then how come the graphics artwork is different? Everyone has the same faces and outfits etc., but the aesthetics are different. I figured it was a console not a PC. The lighting appears darker and the visuals I guess more 3D looking.

Haven't watched the videos, but at a guess, it's because of different settings, game, pc, monitor, etc. I've played in a room with 3 other people, 4 different laptops, different specs, different settings, they rarely look the same, even when they are close, Something always looks slightly different, and is only really noticed when played side by side.

At least from my experience...lol

In videos, it will be down to the graphics settings. If your PC can cope, load up the character-creation screen or log in and go to your character's class ship, and play with the different graphics quality options. You'll see that even just manipulating the different quality presets can have a *radical* effect on what you see, and in general, the higher the quality level, the better (and more 3D-textured-etc) it looks.

I'm fortunate in that I can afford to buy top-tier hardware, so I'll just leave you with a not-retouched example of what the game can achieve at top settings on a 4K/UHD screen: https://i.imgur.com/TZh9uQu.jpg although even there, you can see the limitations of the game's models - look at the swirly effect around my character, which *should* be curved, but clearly isn't.

You're mistaken, OP. This game will never be available for consoles. PC graphics on max settings (for the time the game was developed) will always have the potential to be better than a game on console developed at the same time, because consoles have a standard set of hardware to work with that is decided long before it is ever released to market, while PC owners can customize their hardware to their desired performance and budget at just about any given time. I've yet to see a console game of the same era with better graphics than max settings on a PC game.

As for your hotkey problem, what is your status? Are you free-to-play, preferred, or a subscriber. Unless you got unlocks, F2P has three bars and preferred has five. Subscribers get the maximum of six. Make sure all your quickbars are enabled in the UI editor.

Then I suggest looking up some YouTube guides on this, (Here, I did it for you.) and open your mind (and fingers) to modifier keys. I use every key on the left side of my keyboard for my rotations as well as modifiers for less frequently used abilities and my mouse for twitch abilities. . You cannot expect to be able to only use however many keys are in your first row of keys when you have more abilities than they will be able to accommodate. If you're using `-Backspace, you fingers are doing more work than they need to be. You need to adapt to a different method of play if you want to improve and have a more enjoyable play experience.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.