Keith, does BioWare no longer know how to add elements to the UI Editor?

MaximusRex

You guys keep adding new UI elements with no ability for use to modify them in the UI. On PTS you were told it was a mistake to add the new Social bar to the new Galactic Guide, but you did it anyhow, and we can't even adjust it in the UI Editor. You've added multiple conquest UI Elements, with no ability for use to edit them in the UI editor either. We should be able to choose if a UI elements is displayed, how large it is, and where on our screen it appears.

Players (like me) that don't use your standard UI layout are getting our UI layouts screwed over every time you guys add new UI elements that don't support the UI editor, and frankly don't make any sense. I can no longer place my Social bar where I want it because you attached it to something that has ZERO relevance to it. It was in the perfect place and you messed it up. Other games have a similar Feature to the Galactic Guide, but they don't attach important Social UI to it.

You guys should stick with fixing existing terrible UI Elements (Companions and Crew Skills are both clusters) and stop ruining players UI layouts with new unneeded UI.

I'm going to make a massive wager that, yes, the UI editor is part of spaghetti code that no one wants to figure out.

Probably true lol. In that case, they should stop the solutionism and don't add new UI elements nobody wants. If it ain't broke as they say.

Probably true lol. In that case, they should stop the solutionism and don't add new UI elements nobody wants. If it ain't broke as they say.

I have this weird sense that this is part of a plan to piecemeal replace all of the old UI to bypass the current UI being, well, spaghetti code.

Maybe that's just because it's the only way I can rectify the new social bar having a completely different style, shape, and color, from the rest of the UI, though.

I have this weird sense that this is part of a plan to piecemeal replace all of the old UI to bypass the current UI being, well, spaghetti code.

Maybe that's just because it's the only way I can rectify the new social bar having a completely different style, shape, and color, from the rest of the UI, though.

That's fine. The way you do that is to fork that train, go off and do your development and when it's ready, you merge back into the main branch and launch your new user experience. It's very standard and well understood territory in software development.

I'm going to make a massive wager that, yes, the UI editor is part of spaghetti code that no one wants to figure out.

Since this was also their answer for why there are no new customization options for the Twi'lek, I bet that you're right.

The new social UI is horrendous. They need to put the old UI bar in, ASAP.

I’m scared to login now. I use 3 monitors and have my UI fully customised so I don’t hurt my neck. I have a really bad feeling that they F’d up my UI and I’m going to be really angry when I load the game.

I just feel I can’t keep dealing with the disappointment anymore that these guys like to surprise us with everytime they make stupid and un-asked for or needed changes to the game. It’s like watching your beloved pet slowly die of cancer and the doctor makes it worse instead of better.

Since this was also their answer for why there are no new customization options for the Twi'lek, I bet that you're right.

The new social UI is horrendous. They need to put the old UI bar in, ASAP.

I don’t understand. If it’s not broke, why change it to start with.

Because salvaging unused expansion and prelaunch leftover garbage, like turning unused kotet chapter resources into crowded Flashpoints with seemingly random and problematic difficulty and adding massive icons and descriptions that cover half your screen to UI elements that replace completely functional and even more useful versions that no one was requesting changes to is the only way the customer service dept led maintenance team has available to try to look like game developers.

Because salvaging unused expansion and prelaunch leftover garbage, like turning unused kotet chapter resources into crowded Flashpoints with seemingly random and problematic difficulty and adding massive icons and descriptions that cover half your screen to UI elements that replace completely functional and even more useful versions that no one was requesting changes to is the only way the customer service dept led maintenance team has available to try to look like game developers.

Are they training interns or something ?

Are they training interns or something ?

More like the interns were promoted to department heads. Or... I guess its more like the head of Customer Service was promoted to Lead Producer. It was better than the online shopping Lead we had before but now it seems theyve run out of easily reusable unused content.

Because someone higher up told them they need to advertise the cartel market more.

No, no one told me this. I have no inside information. But no other explanation even begins to make sense.

Because someone higher up told them they need to advertise the cartel market more.

No, no one told me this. I have no inside information. But no other explanation even begins to make sense.

Yes this change has some marketing or financial business managers finger prints all over it because it’s a clear sign to promote CM marketing.

But, it’s not just this. It’s been many things over the years that they change that aren’t broken and working fine before hand.

They spend time and money on things no one wants changed and in the process break them or unrelated parts of the game.

You would think after 10 years of the same rookie mistakes they would learn, sadly, they don’t and we keep getting more and more broken bugs added to the game every patch

I would not be surprised if the game just collapses one day under the stress of all the unfixed bugs. It’s like a house of cards waiting to tumble because they add more bugs than they fix between patches.

This new "bar" and CM advertisement is horrendous, and the fact that we cannot do anything with it via the UI editor is insane. Does the dev team even try anymore or are they done with this game?

You can move it by grabbing it and dragging. But you need to go into the UI editor first and enable movable secondary elements.

You can grab that new thingamie by the borders and drag it around where you want it, like any normal window. There's no need to go into the UI editor

normal windows cant be moved, neither can this stupid new social bar unless u have Movable Secondary Windows enabled in the Interface Editor. i tried moving it, then turning it off Movable Secondary Windows again and it snapped into its original position where its treated as another window opened on my screen.