Patch 6.1.2 - Launcher Broke......

APPRENTICExxx

So, I turn on my launcher. It does a baby lookin patch. Im unaware of how big this patch is supposed to be. So Im like "Ok, that was a small patch. Lets play the game."

Nope! I click play, and now have to play on starter planets. Because the rest of my game just up and vanished I guess. Along with the rest of this patch,

COOL!

Restarting didn't help, restarting windows did not help either, and the Repair-button in the launcher is not available. Could be that some flag was not set that tells the game/launcher that everything was downloaded. However, I wonder why this only occurs on some machines ... :-(

If your using the streaming launcher which you will know as the letters ST will be in the bottom corner of the launcher it could just be stuck.

If your update is at either 0% or 100% and stuck, try the steps here.

Alternatively you can switch to the non streaming launcher as per here. I've been using the non streaming launcher for nearly 9 years and have had no issues during an update.

If your using the streaming launcher which you will know as the letters ST will be in the bottom corner of the launcher it could just be stuck.

Alternatively you can switch to the non streaming launcher as per here. I've been using the non streaming launcher for nearly 9 years and have had no issues during an update.

I'm trying your non-streaming way. I hope it works. I have worlds to destroy and not with my baby Sinner level 4. thanks for the tip.

Edited by IslanderRebel

Slightly different problem here, game appears to have downloaded fine, but now when I try to log it either crashes to desktop on load screen or shortly after making it to the character screen... when I look in the logs to see why it crashed it just says "closed launcher"... Thoughts?

dunno if this is the case cause its taking forever to download and install, but after biggest patches i often get that thing and it solve easily by closing and reopening the game.

i repeat, dunno if this is the case

ok after 2 hours of download and install, itried a bunch of restarts too and got some different results.

the % of game downloaded from character selection screen was around 89 (or 98) % the first time, the second it moved to 0.0%.

trying with the not streming launcher too

ok after 2 hours of download and install, itried a bunch of restarts too and got some different results.

the % of game downloaded from character selection screen was around 89 (or 98) % the first time, the second it moved to 0.0%.

trying with the not streaming launcher too

I'm currently downloading main Assets 26 GB to go. lol

Logged out and back in 6x. Restarted comp 2x. enough is enough - non-streaming time

Edited by IslanderRebel

I'm currently downloading main Assets 26 GB to go. lol

Logged out and back in 6x. Restarted comp 2x. enough is enough - non-streaming time

Not as bad as KOTET bug that left 95% of my guild's capped toons stuck on the guild ship, could only play non guild ship stranded toons(basically lowbie alts) for 14 hours before it was fixed so they could get off the guild ship. Conquest was lost that day. LOL

I can confirm that this does NOT work. Thanks anyway.

It's working for me.

That's not helpful. If you are talking about a specific fix that would be somewhat helpful. We are aware many other people got into game but that doesn't help those who are having issues w/ current patch at all.

Not as bad as KOTET bug that left 95% of my guild's capped toons stuck on the guild ship, could only play non guild ship stranded toons(basically lowbie alts) for 14 hours before it was fixed so they could get off the guild ship. Conquest was lost that day. LOL

ok going sad, i thought that the 2 gb was the total required, now i started the main asset too, 11 gb atm...if there is a second one...ill maybe play tomorrow evening^^ oh well, if it work, it time saved for the future.

you rock! I'm back up and going in game. I passed this along on twitter in case it helps anyone else.

Edit: I used the second one which was to switch to non streaming launcher ;)

Edited by Dakkus

I can confirm that this does NOT work. Thanks anyway.

You can confirm which does not work? Two potential solutions were proposed. I did the second which is to switch to a non-streaming launcher using the instructions on the second link provided. I can confirm this 100% worked for me. Apart from being annoyed by their new gui addition, I'm happy to be back in game :D

Slightly different problem here, game appears to have downloaded fine, but now when I try to log it either crashes to desktop on load screen or shortly after making it to the character screen... when I look in the logs to see why it crashed it just says "closed launcher"... Thoughts?

The exact same thing is happening to me. The files all seemed to download fine but I crash to desktop after hitting "play". On one attempt I briefly saw the last character I played yesterday on DM in the character select screen before I was dumped to desktop.

I do NOT use the bitraider patcher and haven't for many years. On all of my attempts my client fails to take me to the server select screen. I just just crash to desktop.

I have worlds to destroy and not with my baby Sinner level 4.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. I hope you can play your other toons soon. (Seeing the uproar on the forums, I'm not gonna bother logging in after downloading the patch and just play GW2 instead. I've got story to get through on there.)

Warning; this triggers a massive download.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.