The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make the items legacy bound in CM

KDore

I purchased something from the cartel market and to my surprise its not legacy bound. So you pay real money and its stuck on one character? This game isn't even that good to justify spending so much. Its pretty fun, but compared to elder scrolls or even SWG this game doesn't hold a candle, yet it gives less rewards for subscribers, and the money you do spend, it tries to rip you off to spend more. Its a shame. If you buy the item, the item should be account bound.

I purchased something from the cartel market and to my surprise its not legacy bound. So you pay real money and its stuck on one character? This game isn't even that good to justify spending so much. Its pretty fun, but compared to elder scrolls or even SWG this game doesn't hold a candle, yet it gives less rewards for subscribers, and the money you do spend, it tries to rip you off to spend more. Its a shame. If you buy the item, the item should be account bound.

Since you have not made it clear at which point such items would become legacy bound, I'm assuming you mean immediately upon purchase. Bad idea, OP.

There is a thriving economy on the Galactic Trade Network of people buying cartel market items and reselling them for credits. Automatically flagging items legacy bound that are purchased from the cartel market would kill that, which would probably cause more rage quits and temper tantrums on these forums than the game has ever seen.

Reselling cartel market items is a good cash to credits conversion for many players, and I've done it myself when wanting a relatively quick (36-hour wait time) infusion of tens of millions of credits.

Better to have the items legacy bound once they've been consumed, not immediately when purchased off the market.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Actually that makes a lot of sense. I wasn't aware you could sell them. Thats a good upside and makes it much better since you get a chance to get these items with in game cash. Thank you sir. Edited by KDore

Actually that makes a lot of sense. I wasn't aware you could sell them. Thats a good upside and makes it much better since you get a chance to get these items with in game cash. Thank you sir.

that wouldn't work for BW, because they'd lose out on their cash cow...cc's to unlock it legacy wide. How many people spend cc's to unlock stuff.

that wouldn't work for BW, because they'd lose out on their cash cow...cc's to unlock it legacy wide. How many people spend cc's to unlock stuff.

For CM armour and weapons, the cost to unlock items in collections is *much* less than the cost to buy even *one* extra item.

For CM armour and weapons, the cost to unlock items in collections is *much* less than the cost to buy even *one* extra item.

yes, but they'd lose that, if the items were legacy bound when put on. And if they were to add cc cost to the items, people who don't want the item legacy bound would complain about the increase in cc's.

As it is, they get the cc's when item is bought, and cc's when unlocked. Unless I misread what the op was trying to say?