[Spoiler and warning of Graphic/Mature Content]-Armor issue needs fixing immediately.

PeregrineShadow

Multiple attempts through Customer Service (before the most recent patch) and on Twitter have been ignored and I was advised to post here, by Customer Service, though I DO NOT feel this should be publicly posted.

The design of the Wild Smuggler armor set shows what appears to be blood leaking from the crotch area when certain secondary dyes are applied (anything with yellow in it) Yellow and Orange are the worst, but Browns and Greens can show it up as well. The "blood" pattern is in a very distinct area visible from both the front and back and is NOT entire panels that are just 'taking the dye incorrectly'. (Only calling it "blood" because it only seems to show up in variations of red)

I love this game so I hope this is taken seriously, especially for the sake of younger and/or female players.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, which I hope will be swift.

Edited by PeregrineShadow

IMO... it is bad "light shadowing" … not intentional I'm certain... BUT I also agree that this should be redone so that it does not appear as something else !

Please don't laugh. I know enough about graphics / 3-D art to tell you that there is a good chance that is what happened. And YES I do agree that someone should clean this up ASAP !

IMO... it is bad "light shadowing" … not intentional I'm certain... BUT I also agree that this should be redone so that it does not appear as something else !

Please don't laugh. I know enough about graphics / 3-D art to tell you that there is a good chance that is what happened. And YES I do agree that someone should clean this up ASAP !

I hope you are correct; the reason I am not so sure is because the dye colors it happens with and the pattern are pretty specific...it does not happen with all dyes, so it isn't a modeling/texturing error or it would be consistent right? Or am I missing something?

I hope you are correct; the reason I am not so sure is because the dye colors it happens with and the pattern are pretty specific...it does not happen with all dyes, so it isn't a modeling/texturing error or it would be consistent right? Or am I missing something?

Probably texturing .. then the lighting render combined made it worse .. (If I had to guess) . There are several steps in something like this. Hard for me to be critical enough to say exactly which one .. but it looks like the texturing that went over the model.

I agree that it needs to be fixed.

Much ado about nothing. Just wear some other pants. 🙄

well... in their defense … it is a part of a set ?? If that is the case then someone should take a look at it. My wife saw this (and she is not a gamer at all) … clearly understood OP.

well... in their defense … it is a part of a set ?? If that is the case then someone should take a look at it. My wife saw this (and she is not a gamer at all) … clearly understood OP.

Um, well, yeah, that set is not a 'bonus' set, so there's no requirement to wear those particular pants with it.

It may be an unfortunate graphics effect, but, unless you're one of those silly religious types who think that certain normal bodily functions are "unclean", it shouldn't be much of a concern. 😏

Um, well, yeah, that set is not a 'bonus' set, so there's no requirement to wear those particular pants with it.

It may be an unfortunate graphics effect, but, unless you're one of those silly religious types who think that certain normal bodily functions are "unclean", it shouldn't be much of a concern. 😏

Ummm …

No!

That comment (if anything) is disrespectful to the ladies who play this game.

No need for an knee-jerk over reaction … but I can also see where some might see a genuine offence in the matter as well.

Simple respect ...

That anyone feels they need to argue, excusing this in any way, or on the side of this existing and not getting fixed says volumes.

OP is being highly melodramatic in accusing the devs of doing this on purpose.

It's obviously a graphics/texture bug and it should definitely be fixed but to go on a rant about how the devs should be ashamed of themselves for putting this in the game on purpose is eyeroll worthy.

It's obviously a graphics/texture bug and it should definitely be fixed but to go on a rant about how the devs should be ashamed of themselves for putting this in the game on purpose is eyeroll worthy.

Especially since it happens to male PCs, as well. Complete over reaction.

You should probably re-read my original post; not only are the Devs NOT accused of anything, the suggestion and question is if it was a specific designer. As I have a bit of graphics background myself, both 2d and 3d, I know that textures and clipping can cause some strange and bad, or even funny effects; but this is strangely specific.

Rant: "a spell of ranting; a tirade." or "speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way." Really?! Haven't seen a good example of either of these in this thread...IMO

The insensitivity I take issue with is NOT that every dye wasn't tested; that is probably unreasonable, though testing at least the 3 primary colors seems like it would be reasonable...just my opinion...but when customer service is alerted to something that is clearly not acceptable and could very well be handled BEFORE it possibly becomes a bigger issue and essentially relegates it to "we'll get to it when we get to it; to me that is a problem...again, just my opinion, not a rant. ;-)

That anyone feels they need to argue, excusing this in any way, or on the side of this existing and not getting fixed says volumes.

Obviously the weird textural bug ought to be fixed. What I'm arguing against is the melodrama here. I can promise you that no developer said, "we're going to make these pants look like period blood soaked through when a person applies certain dyes," and then went through the meticulous effort of implementing it.

I wouldn't have even thought it looked like period blood until people pointed it out, just a weird gradient bug.

There's no need to be so over-the-top about a small issue.

You should probably re-read my original post; not only are the Devs NOT accused of anything

In my opinion this is far too specific to be a mistake

This statement carries an implicit accusation towards the devs (or one developer).

Customer service advised you to post here because they have literally no control or sway in what the art team puts on a pair of pants. Opening multiple tickets isn't going to accomplish anything because there's nothing they can do.

Edited by jedimasterjac

You should probably re-read my original post; not only are the Devs NOT accused of anything

OK, so here's the relevant part of your original post:

The Wild Smuggler armor seems to be designed to show blood leaking from the crotch area when certain secondary dyes are applied

"seems to be designed" ==> accusation of it being deliberately meant to be like that.

Oh, and this, as noted.

In my opinion this is far too specific to be a mistake

OK, so here's the relevant part of your original post:

"seems to be designed" ==> accusation of it being deliberately meant to be like that.

Oh, and this, as noted.

Ok I see where you (and others) are coming from on that, so I edited the OP in a way that hopefully properly represents what I was trying to say. (In my opinion the word "seems" changed the import from accusation to possibility, even if likely, so thank you for clarifying how it "sounded" to you and obviously others.)

Relevant changes are:

The design of the Wild Smuggler armor set shows what appears to be blood leaking from the crotch area when certain secondary dyes are applied (anything with yellow in it) Yellow and Orange are the worst, but Browns and Greens can show it up as well. The "blood" pattern is in a very distinct area visible from both the front and back and is NOT entire panels that are just 'taking the dye incorrectly'. (Only calling it "blood" because it only seems to show up in variations of red)

In my opinion this looks far too specific to be a mistake, but maybe I'm wrong. I find it disturbing this armor is pitched as a "female" armor in the Cartel Market which could show someone may have a serious lack of sensitivity to life as a female.

Edited by PeregrineShadow

In my opinion this looks far too specific to be a mistake, but maybe I'm wrong. I find it disturbing this armor is pitched as a "female" armor in the Cartel Market which could show someone may have a serious lack of sensitivity to life as a female.

This is still an accusation.

These lines serve no purpose but accusing BW of being intentional about this.

Just cut it.

You're really doing very little here. The issue at hand is that the texturing they chose on the pants can be interpreted to resemble blood. You find this unacceptable.

Comments about intentionality and lack of sensitivity aren't really necessary.

Edited by jedimasterjac

This is still an accusation.

These lines serve no purpose but accusing BW of being intentional about this.

Just cut it.

Further, just because an armor set is modeled by a female does not make it "pitched as a 'female' armor." For example, the armor set that Lana wears in FE/ET (her FE/ET customization uses a custom version while under it she wears the actual Dark Advisor set) is worn by a male in the preview image. Also, the same red tint shows when the pants are worn by a male PC. It is simply a texture issue. There is no need to attribute nefarious designs and misogyny.

Further, just because an armor set is modeled by a female does not make it "pitched as a 'female' armor." For example, the armor set that Lana wears in FE/ET (her FE/ET customization uses a custom version while under it she wears the actual Dark Advisor set) is worn by a male in the preview image. Also, the same red tint shows when the pants are worn by a male PC. It is simply a texture issue. There is no need to attribute nefarious designs and misogyny.

Points taken. Section cut.