End of Ranked Season 12

DanielSteed

PS5 and Xbox series x is coming out this fall, along wioth other games that you as a company are in competetion with and this is how you treat your player base. Interesting. Time to leave SWTOR for good

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only confusion here is internal to bioware, where some developer mistakenly thought it was time for Season 4 replica rewards instead of Season 3, and went through the process of copying and renaming them. Now you don't want to do the work over again.

But sure, let's label it as confusion on the players' part. How insulting.

There is no confusion at all, they purposely lead their player base on so they could continue to sub. We got catfished by a company we are financing lol. Whats the point of supporting them if they are not going to listen to the majority of the ranked players.

Let's not forget the number of players that will be the top three and not be at gold rating, shows how out of touch they are with the game and ranked community.

Or even the amount of top threes that won't be given out, there simply won't be any group ranked ones given out if you guys insist on these win requirements. Even if we do see one, getting that many games is extremely rare and a huge effort just to get games in a very dead gamemode where only a few teams still exist. Which I am fine with, but damn.. Don't call it top96.

Along with that there are some top threes either super low rated or not even claimed yet that probably will be but still, a top three because you played enough games? .. Really? That's by no way an indicator of how good someone is at the class, just who has more time.

Edited by Beyrahl

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for this good news, I am glad Devs decided to go this way, its what the ranked players deserve. I will keep on playing to have fun, earn fragments and pvp coms to one day buy what I like.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to Season 13!

P.S.: just dont change the win requirement system pls!

I think this will go a long way to set expectations up front. Personally I'm glad Furious gear will remain exclusive to veteran ranked players (although you can buy reskins on the cartel market), but players expected them this season. Announcing ahead of time will make sure everyone is on the same page.

You're only here to add gasoline to the on going dumpster fire, why do you even care to begin with. You don't even play this game and you watch the forums like a hawk about this stuff.

Edited by Xerekfell

Or even the amount of top threes that won't be given out, there simply won't be any group ranked ones given out if you guys insist on these win requirements.

So? I am glad that there are top3s which will not be achieved by anyone! Its great news, it was too easy to cheat to the top3 in group ranked, this system is great!

But yes, there are some top3s in solo ranked who have the rating of maybe 1100 which is actually play-to-win, but thats at least feedback for season 13 where they should change it.

PS5 and Xbox series x is coming out this fall, along wioth other games that you as a company are in competetion with and this is how you treat your player base. Interesting. Time to leave SWTOR for good

Can I have your stuff? :)

Lets forget about season 3 rewards. Main question should be

WHY THERE IS NO GOOD LOOKING WEAPON AND ARMOR SET REWARDS AFTER 7-8 MONHTS LONG PVP SEASON.

Heh and people say I am obsessed..... So this is all you people play for? Shiny flair at the end of the season? Good looking weapon? Is that all you want in life? If it really is like that I am glad its the way it is, since Devs are teaching you true values!

Those are the best looking ones, in my opinion, and not many players around still who have the originals.

Thats probably why :)

Imagine playing for multiple seasons and saying you will do chronological order of ranked rewards only to take away the most anticipated awards prob since S5 and S8. For what exactly? To squeeze in some extra sub money? I got a better idea; actually listen to your community. Listening to your community makes you more money and boosts game reputation and better yet Ninja might play this game full time like he used to do. Imagine all the possible revenue you could generate from Ninja playing tor. It's also a real damn shame you devs don't know how your own game works, do you even bother reading half of the **** you buff or nerf? At this point it's like you slap ideas on a whiteboard and agree on what sounds good without actual thought process. Such a shame, a game with great potential washed down the drain because of poor decision making; and you wonder why this game won't be more popular than wow. Edited by Xerekfell

It's simple really. When you're left with only one carrot, the only thing to do in that case is to extend the stick...

I bet they'll put season 3 rewards for next season. Only this time, they'll announce it at start of season :rak_04:

You're only here to add gasoline to the on going dumpster fire, why do you even care to begin with. You don't even play this game and you watch the forums like a hawk about this stuff.

I hold the number 1 spot in solo ranked for sniper this season. Had replica furious gear been the reward, I would've had to decide between wearing my real furious gear and replica gear - what a dilemma. Any other misinformed questions?

I'm following this thread because I'm very interested to see Bioware's follow-up response. If their reasoning is they didn't want to dilute the value of furious gear by keeping it exclusive to vets, I am beyond impressed by the decision, although it 100% should've been communicated upfront. It takes spine for any MMO company to prioritize a smaller % of vets over newer players because it's almost always the reverse. If they simply forgot or plan to release it next season, or the weapons through the cartel market... well, not impressed.

And either way, they should've been clear at the start of the season what replica rewards players can expect to avoid the warranted frustration. 1 2 3 is implied, not 1 2 4. This is the part I originally commented on.

Edited by EnzoForMe

If their reasoning is they kept furious gear exclusive for vets, I am beyond impressed.

An extremely selfish viewpoint. Everyone in the ranked community that reasonably expected replica season 3 rewards, based on Bioware actions and statements is screwed over by Bioware, but you're okay with it because "vets" get to keep furious gear "exclusive." Shameful, just like Bioware's response so far.

What about keeping replica season 4 rewards "exclusive"? Your reasoning for those should be identical, because they've just substituted 3 for 4. By your logic, they're now harming the original season 4 rewards holders to protect the season 3 reward holders? And what about season 1 and 2 rewards? Are the people that got season 3 rewards the first time around really more special than anyone else that has ever played ranked? I'd love to hear you try to justify that.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Wait he doesn’t even play this game?

It's simple really. When you're left with only one carrot, the only thing to do in that case is to extend the stick...

I bet they'll put season 3 rewards for next season. Only this time, they'll announce it at start of season :rak_04:

Why would they go 1-2-4-3 lol, they are not going to rerelease the rewards.

Imagine playing for multiple seasons and saying you will do chronological order of ranked rewards only to take away the most anticipated awards prob since S5 and S8. For what exactly? To squeeze in some extra sub money? I got a better idea; actually listen to your community. Listening to your community makes you more money and boosts game reputation and better yet Ninja might play this game full time like he used to do. Imagine all the possible revenue you could generate from Ninja playing tor. It's also a real damn shame you devs don't know how your own game works, do you even bother reading half of the **** you buff or nerf? At this point it's like you slap ideas on a whiteboard and agree on what sounds good without actual thought process. Such a shame, a game with great potential washed down the drain because of poor decision making; and you wonder why this game won't be more popular than wow.

This game isn’t going to be as popular as it could be because of the engine and the story focus.

I hold the number 1 spot in solo ranked for sniper this season. Had replica furious gear been the reward, I would've had to decide between wearing my real furious gear and replica gear - what a dilemma. Any other misinformed questions?

I'm following this thread because I'm very interested to see Bioware's follow-up response. If their reasoning is they didn't want to dilute the value of furious gear by keeping it exclusive to vets, I am beyond impressed. If they simply forgot or plan to release it next season, or the weapons through the cartel market... well, not impressed.

And either way, they should've been clear at the start of the season what replica rewards players can expect to avoid the warranted frustration. 1 2 3 is implied, not 1 2 4. This is the part I originally commented on.

I’m very curious about their follow up response as well, which is why I’m still lingering on the forums. Keeping certain stuff exclusive for the players that played way back when would actually be a good enough reason for me but ignoring your player base would definitely solidify my resigning of the game

What about keeping replica season 4 rewards "exclusive"? Your reasoning for those should be identical, because they've just substituted 3 for 4. By your logic, they're now harming the original season 4 rewards holders to protect the season 3 reward holders? And what about season 1 and 2 rewards? Are the people that got season 3 rewards the first time around really more special than anyone else that has ever played ranked? I'd love to hear you try to justify that.

You're not seeing me post about re-releasing rewards as a whole because I've clearly lost that battle long ago. You can buy Season 1 Victorious Armor at the... dark vs light vendor. How much prestige does that set still carry? I posted for literal years about this topic - unless the seasons are short (3-4 months) each season should have its own unique, valuable rewards that players can only achieve during that window of time. Re-releasing rewards as a whole is to compensate for lack of resources. It's clear they're set on that path though, it's futile for me to rail against it. This forum loves lost causes "cross server, bring back 8v8 ranked" but it's a waste of energy.

But let's not pretend all seasons rewards were created equal. Firebrand (2.0 8v8 Ranked) and Furious (S-3) sets are clearly the rarest and most valued, respectively in the pvp community. Bioware is either being very selective about re-releasing them, or have decided not to for a reason I'd like to hear.

As for being selfish, I can a.) empathize with the frustration that everyone expected 1 2 3 not 1 2 4 - which is what my first post here was saying and b.) be glad vets finally get to keep something highly valued, rewarding long-term support of ranked and the community. They're not mutually exclusive. And b.) can go away pretty quickly depending on the explanation from BW.

Edited by EnzoForMe

As for being selfish, I can a.) empathize with the frustration that everyone expected 1 2 3 not 1 2 4 - which is what my first post here was saying and b.) be glad vets finally get to keep something highly valued, rewarding long-term support of ranked and the community. They're not mutually exclusive. And b.) can go away pretty quickly depending on the explanation from BW.

And I'm saying they should be mutually exclusive. Your reasoning appears to be that because season 3 rewards were the best, the players that got them are more deserving of having them remain "exclusive," as opposed to all other season rewards. That will probably be Bioware's reasoning as well. "Season 1, 2, and 4 rewards are all pretty meh, so we're re-releasing them no problem. But season 3 rewards are too good for yall." Something like that, right? And if that's not what you think, please explain how it's "good" that they're not re-releasing season 3 rewards in particular.

And you still haven't answered my fundamental objection. What if someone played season 1, took a break from the game for a bit, then played season 4, etc. Welp, all the rewards he ever got are going to be rereleased. It's just the precious few that played season 3 and still happen to be playing the game today. Why do they deserve such special treatment? Just because the rewards are perceived as better? How can you defend such double standards?

Answer, you can't. You never wanted anything re-released, so you're just glad they're holding something back. That's totally and utterly beside the point now, because as you point out, that ship has sailed. I too never wanted anything re-released, but once they decided to do so, it should be all or nothing. It's about fairness and expectations. No one should be excusing Bioware for this nonsense. "Well at least season 3 reward holders get to keep exclusive stuff" So just **** season 1, 2, and 4 reward holders huh? It is undeniably self centered and nonsensical to view it the way you do.

I hope they're weighing their full response quite carefully, because this isn't just about the season 3 rewards. As I've said, and I really mean it, I don't even care that I can't get them. It's the principle of how Bioware has decided to act in this case and what it means for how they'll act in the future.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

This game isn’t going to be as popular as it could be because of the engine and the story focus.

The game was ruined by poor decision making and practices. Swtor had a very large amount of players that almost rivaled wow in the early stages of it. But bad decisions and practices led those people away. What really killed it though was not listening to the community. Game Engine isn't really an excuse, there is plenty of games with **** engines and a large player base that still play it with a dev team that listens to community and actually plays their own game.

Edited by Xerekfell

So? I am glad that there are top3s which will not be achieved by anyone! Its great news, it was too easy to cheat to the top3 in group ranked, this system is great!

But yes, there are some top3s in solo ranked who have the rating of maybe 1100 which is actually play-to-win, but thats at least feedback for season 13 where they should change it.

Can I have your stuff? :)

Heh and people say I am obsessed..... So this is all you people play for? Shiny flair at the end of the season? Good looking weapon? Is that all you want in life? If it really is like that I am glad its the way it is, since Devs are teaching you true values!

Thats probably why :)

Wow... You are quite the brick head , aren't you ?

It's very hard for you to grasp the fact that not everyone will play the game for the same reasons you do ? Not everyone will find fun in ranked what YOU find fun. Imagine how hard it is for you to understand that not everyone is like you..

Yes, exaclty. The only reason I bothered to press the que button this season was to be able to get those furios items, because I wasn't around when it was live in the game. I can settle for season 4 also, tho. Are you shocked now ? Queing to get a pixelated weapon and a pixelated silver flair is actually fun for me, the same way as cheating the *** out of this game to get your undeserved top 3 was fun for you.

Wow... You are quite the brick head , aren't you ?

It's very hard for you to grasp the fact that not everyone will play the game for the same reasons you do ? Not everyone will find fun in ranked what YOU find fun. Imagine how hard it is for you to understand that not everyone is like you..

Yes, exaclty. The only reason I bothered to press the que button this season was to be able to get those furios items, because I wasn't around when it was live in the game. I can settle for season 4 also, tho. Are you shocked now ? Queing to get a pixelated weapon and a pixelated silver flair is actually fun for me, the same way as cheating the *** out of this game to get your undeserved top 3 was fun for you.

He's just trolling, i'd ignore mero lol

And I'm saying they should be mutually exclusive. Your reasoning appears to be that because season 3 rewards were the best, the players that got them are more deserving of having them remain "exclusive," as opposed to all other season rewards. That will probably be Bioware's reasoning as well. "Season 1, 2, and 4 rewards are all pretty meh, so we're re-releasing them no problem. But season 3 rewards are too good for yall." Something like that, right? And if that's not what you think, please explain how it's "good" that they're not re-releasing season 3 rewards in particular.

And you still haven't answered my fundamental objection. What if someone played season 1, took a break from the game for a bit, then played season 4, etc. Welp, all the rewards he ever got are going to be rereleased. It's just the precious few that played season 3 and still happen to be playing the game today. Why do they deserve such special treatment? Just because the rewards are perceived as better? How can you defend such double standards?

Answer, you can't. You never wanted anything re-released, so you're just glad they're holding something back. That's totally and utterly beside the point now, because as you point out, that ship has sailed. I too never wanted anything re-released, but once they decided to do so, it should be all or nothing. It's about fairness and expectations. No one should be excusing Bioware for this nonsense. "Well at least season 3 reward holders get to keep exclusive stuff" So just **** season 1, 2, and 4 reward holders huh? It is undeniably self centered and nonsensical to view it the way you do.

I hope they're weighing their full response quite carefully, because this isn't just about the season 3 rewards. As I've said, and I really mean it, I don't even care that I can't get them. It's the principle of how Bioware has decided to act in this case and what it means for how they'll act in the future.

S3 Rewards were gotten from backfilling, qsyncing, and wintrading mostly. it's no different than what it is now minus qsyncing and backfilling which is harder to achieve in sr now since cross faction was introduced in 5.0.

S3 Rewards were gotten from backfilling, qsyncing, and wintrading mostly. it's no different than what it is now minus qsyncing and backfilling which is harder to achieve in sr now since cross faction was introduced in 5.0.

Yep. Many people, especially "veterans", tend to be nostalgic about how much more meaningful rating in early seasons was. But in reality there was no cross faction for solo ranked, and there was also a lot more servers (= a lot more dead servers to wintrade on). People were getting top3s in TR for 20 wins or less all the time, especially Republic ones.

Some even argue that reaching silver or gold (= enough for furious weapons and armor set) were easier to achieve than in recent seasons.

Honestly, the part I have a problem with is that we were promised rehashed rewards with at least the implication that they would be sequential in old seasons in return for shorter seasons, and we haven't even gotten the shorter seasons. It's basically setting wrong expectations by ambiguity, which a good part of us just interpret as lying. Such breaches of trust erodes participation in this game.

At least some of the more notorious wintraders got purged, so we got delivery on that front.

Edited by Metthew

snip

Look Cap. When Bioware first suggested that they were going to re-release rewards I was initially against it for the same reasons as you. Rewards are a timestamp of the past. It is anachronistic to reuse rewards. It is disgraceful to the player base in that season... etc. Although I started ranked in s6 after much of the good rewards were gone, I understood all of these arguments, and for the most part agreed with them.

But the second that Bioware agreed to re-release rewards, they created an assumed promise that they would go release all the old ranked rewards chronologically. Your arguments, while they may be justified and correct, are moot.

I really don't care one way or another for furious. Yes, I grinded particularly this season with the assumption that Furious would be given out. Yes, I wanted the rewards. But if Bioware had said at the beginning of the season "We are not giving out Furious rewards for X reason" I would have had no problem with it.

But the fact that Bioware 1) actively deceived the player base with a wide-spread assumption 2) blame it on the players 3) STILL fail to provide a rational for not releasing s3 rewards.... these are what we should all be taking issue with. It is a slap in the face of the playerbase. It is a reflective of how spineless Bioware is. Throughout all their conversations about "increased transparency", when the questions get tough they will never answer them. And honestly it is insulting that they try to blame us for this "confusion." If this where to happen to the CM or packs, with actual money on the line, they would have never acted with such disregard for player trust.