Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The Unofficial Appearance Customization Thread

magnuskn

Seems like I'll use my free month and then be off again. SWTOR still doesn't manage to capture my imagination like I hoped it would. To be honest, it feels too much like work, not enough like a game. :-/ I'll still hang around, but I mostly will stop posting, since I've internally pretty much given up on the game.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like I'll use my free month and then be off again. SWTOR still doesn't manage to capture my imagination like I hoped it would. To be honest, it feels too much like work, not enough like a game. :-/ I'll still hang around, but I mostly will stop posting, since I've internally pretty much given up on the game.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm still having an absolute blast. Even rolled a Scoundrel and playing through the Smuggler storyline again. Got all 4 unarmed combat skills from Legacy, and am leveling totally unarmed through the Scrapper tree. It's been extremely fun.

I don't understand why this isn't in the game...

Bioware want to make something "original". Even if it fail.

The orange item are good, if you plan to use them as you lvlup, buying mods instead of new armor. But they fail hard when it came to customization.

Even if we were able to have set armor bonuses on them, they would still fail, since there is PLENTY of unused armor skins for orange item.

So, I fully support appearance tab.

Bioware want to make something "original". Even if it fail.

The orange item are good, if you plan to use them as you lvlup, buying mods instead of new armor. But they fail hard when it came to customization.

Even if we were able to have set armor bonuses on them, they would still fail, since there is PLENTY of unused armor skins for orange item.

So, I fully support appearance tab.

Actually, as of right now, there is an orange or purple version of every appearance in the game.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

i dont fully understand why this game dident ship with this feature every other major mmorpg anyway has it in some way. even wow pulled it off in a very terrible interation but its there plus it costs over 100k credits to remod one piece and that price is only going to go up with time not everyone has huge money piles laying around.

Ok, find this (either orange or purple modifiable item) :

http://www.torhead.com/item/8RSQSCP/lacqerous-barrage-headgear

If you find it, I want one ASAP.

Here it is:

http://www.torhead.com/item/eZkGFQC/light-battle-headgear

Have an armormech RE that recipe to a purple, where it's fully modifiable, and there you go.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

If it's not, bug it, because ALL purples are supposed to be fully modifiable.

I'm checking right now, this is not a crafted item, but a quest reward. I can't RE this into a green craftable item, AFAIK, so I can't work toward a purple item.

I'm armormech BTW.

Edited by erei

Actually, as of right now, there is an orange or purple version of every appearance in the game.

your talking out of your *** here. There are still many models and skins that are not available in any modable state.

I would very much like to see more customisation put into the game, hopefully alongside other things that help improve gameplay customisation such as:

• Hood toggle.

• Hide companion head slot. (Will also turn off companion hood.)

• SGRA.

• More character slots per server.

etc.

Consequently:

/signed and supported

Edited by llesna

very happy with the current system, add orange shells for every artwork and call it a day.

Unfortunately not. See, the appearance thing has just gotten worse now on account of the "augmented" orange gear.

Now most of the non-craftable orange gear is worthless in the end game, because to be as geared as possible, you have to have gear that allows you to have an augment mod slot.

For instance, on my operative, I've been looking for nice blaster rifles (I'm a bit of a style whore) and found a few. Then I bought the one and only style of augment slot enhanced blaster rifle I saw on the GTN, and now I am essentially limited to that unfortunately ugly gun as a result unless I want to sacrifice stats for appearance.

This is precisely why we should just have an appearance slot style system instead, including one that allows for recoloring/dyeing of gear to allow for more variety.

Edited by Drakonnen

Unfortunately not. See, the appearance thing has just gotten worse now on account of the "augmented" orange gear.

Now most of the non-craftable orange gear is worthless in the end game, because to be as geared as possible, you have to have gear that allows you to have an augment mod slot.

Except to get the stats you want, you still have to get that gear. And if you like the appearance of that raid gear, or whatever other gear you saw? Get the orange version. Simple as that. So, the non-craftable gear is far from worthless because you need its stats and set bonuses!

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.