Amplifier lock-ins and upgrade

Shirvington

Amplifiers are a game of chance right now. Chance when the gear drops and chance when you reroll Amps. I get that BW wants them as a credit sink. We can make Amps a credit sink without all the RNG.

I propose when you get an Amp of the flavor you want (e.g. Medtech or Periodic Restoration), you can then directly upgrade that Amp type with increasing credit costs.

I'll give an example. You get a 0.3 Tech Wizardry on an Armoring. That's the stat set you were looking for, and you use the armoring for a while. Awesome. Now, instead of rerolling it over and over to get a higher value, you can pay 300k credits (or whatever BW decides to keep the credit sink) to upgrade that 0.3 to a 0.4. To get the 0.4 to a 0.5, you pay 400k credits. To upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6, you pay 500k credits. Again, BW could decide the starting price and each upgrade cost.

Players can then upgrade their Amps as soon as they have one they like and BW gets to keep a credit sink.

But that is exactly what the dev's want, their version of the Credit sucking Pringle, where you can never have just one, and always have to give it "just one more try"... Edited by Kaveat

But that is exactly what the dev's want, their version of the Credit sucking Pringle, where you can never have just one, and always have to five it "just one more try"...

^^^^ they won't stop at 3 pops, when they can get you to pop ten, or more.

I'm a pretty wealthy player, and, honestly, none of the amplifiers feel impactful enough for me to care about rerolling and rerolling and rerolling. I'll just keep my credits.

Periodic Intensity appears up to 2.2% per Armoring, and you can get 9 of them. That's almost a 20% increase to your periodic effects, for example. For people who pvp or raid, the increases are significant.