Fyi

Nickodemous

I am sure most of you are aware, but for those who are not, double xp literally means double everything. So, for you valor hungry types, trying to avoid the grind, it double valor time. I would strongly suggest spending the 40 CC to get the valor boost during this event.

Cheers!

I am sure most of you are aware, but for those who are not, double xp literally means double everything. So, for you valor hungry types, trying to avoid the grind, it double valor time. I would strongly suggest spending the 40 CC to get the valor boost during this event.

Cheers!

FYI valor is completely useless stat, having 25 valor and 100 valor has no different other than a few titles which i havent seen anyone using for a very very long time. Getting double of a 0 is again zero and multiplying it wirg 1.25 is again 0. Also valor boost is X amount of CC but you are not getting it for entire double xp event for than you have to spend a few thousands of CC which is stupid for a no value stuff.

Valor is only usefull to entering to solo ranked and which is only valor 25 you will get it in a few matches already. So i would highly suggest to keep your thousands of CC and use it on a usefull stuff.

I would like to see a vendor selling valor only nice cosmetics but we all know nice thing only comes from cartel market so keep your CC to get nice things.

I've got 3 characters at valor 100 and a bunch of them over 80.. it doesn't do anything either way

Except that it makes you the ops leader at the start of the warzone if you are the person with the highest valor

Which is bugged at level 100 making 100 valor worth less than 1 valor :)

Except that it makes you the ops leader at the start of the warzone if you are the person with the highest valor

I thought the consensus was that it made the person closest to the next valor level the leader ... because bioware can't make ANYTHING straightforward and simple. And then, yep, at valor 100 we are 0% of the way to the next level, so we never get that special orange text! So sad. :p

Also I ran into someone who mentioned they were grinding PvP valor, and I sorta asked them... "er, why?". Turned out there are still some armors that are valor gated, and they wanted one of them. So I guess there's that.

I've got 3 characters at valor 100 and a bunch of them over 80.. it doesn't do anything either way

Ops leader is chosen by who has highest valor point at current valor not looking valor,

for example 4 man arena 1 vl100,

1 vl 99 with 2544 in current valor,

1 vl 23 with 450 in current valor

and a valor 60 with 6500 in current valor,

level 60 one will be ops leader because he has highst in current valor 600-2544-450 and 0. So at level 100 you have a chance to be ops leader if everyone has valor 100 but i dont know how game chooses in that scenario.

Ops leader is chosen by who has highest valor point at current valor not looking valor,

for example 4 man arena 1 vl100,

1 vl 99 with 2544 in current valor,

1 vl 23 with 450 in current valor

and a valor 60 with 6500 in current valor,

level 60 one will be ops leader because he has highst in current valor 600-2544-450 and 0. So at level 100 you have a chance to be ops leader if everyone has valor 100 but i dont know how game chooses in that scenario.

I don’t think so. I have 100 Valor and I’m level 75. I frequently get passed over (along with other 75s/100s) for someone who has 80-90 Valor. But I’ve also been chosen as OP leader around people with a high current Valor score.

Edited by UltraFlashStar

+ the old battlemaster pvp sets want valor(from GTM). Some of those sets are not bad.

Edited by Kaedusz

FYI valor is completely useless stat, having 25 valor and 100 valor has no different other than a few titles which i havent seen anyone using for a very very long time. Getting double of a 0 is again zero and multiplying it wirg 1.25 is again 0. Also valor boost is X amount of CC but you are not getting it for entire double xp event for than you have to spend a few thousands of CC which is stupid for a no value stuff.

Valor is only usefull to entering to solo ranked and which is only valor 25 you will get it in a few matches already. So i would highly suggest to keep your thousands of CC and use it on a usefull stuff.

I would like to see a vendor selling valor only nice cosmetics but we all know nice thing only comes from cartel market so keep your CC to get nice things.

FYI, you must be a master of the obvious. Sometimes I think that the majority of people who post in the pvp forums live in a bubble. Not everything evolves around you in the world of pvp, nor should it.

I was simply trying to be nice and let others know that Valor was also being boosted. Why:

A) There may be several out there who have not queued for a long time, because of individuals like yourself, who may be interested in finishing up a title. I hate to break it to you, but there are probably a lot of them out there. Hey, here is a novel concept, why not try to encourage more participation instead of squashing it with your iron boot.

B) While leveling, if a lot of BG's are being queued for, why not take advantage of the boost and get a head start. Duh!

C) The grind for EW is stout. It easy as F while boosted. Who cares that you think they are unworthy or have not "earned" it.....I say let em have at it.

I am almost 50 years old now, I absolutely adore how cute the hatred is towards me. Warms my heart to know how concerned you all are with an old man. Just because you don't like me though, does not mean you need to trash the post. There are a lot who could benefit and who were unaware.

• 1 month later...

I am almost 50 years old now, I absolutely adore how cute the hatred is towards me. Warms my heart to know how concerned you all are with an old man. Just because you don't like me though, does not mean you need to trash the post. There are a lot who could benefit and who were unaware.

Kids will be kids :) but remember they will be in your shoes once too. Anyway, 50 is not old, I consider old when you reach retirement (above 62) for example.

Was nice of you to mention this, but people should know, its enough if you hover the mouse over the XP line and you will see the text where it says which areas the double xp is affecting. Sure, if people do not do it, they do not know, but by now most should.

As it was said valor had less and less meaning in the game. It was there mainly as a restriction for some PVP gear. Later it got achievements attached to it. Now its an requirement for ranked, but thats silly since anyone can reach valor 25 (and in group ranked there is no valor requirement). So overall, if you are after the Elite Warlord title, sure, but there isnt much more other use for valor.

I was able to utilize the double xp event to get a lot of things I had wanted to get done....done. Finish up Maullin and Pepe for the EW titles, was able to level all the necessary toons on SS to get the Republic/Imperial Veteran titles, and on SF, I was able to get a sage, mando, inquisitor, and merc to renown lvl 100. I fell short with the scoundrel and op.....71 and 52 repectively. Oh well, getting those two classes to renown lvl 100 will be my new goal. I really want that "Everybody Knows My Name" title.

I know valor is pointless, but I wanted to make sure that people were aware that the double xp event could be utilized for more than just leveling toons.

Edited by Nickodemous