Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If I buy up a new character to 70....

Jarbarian

...then where do I start my CHAPTER class levels 1-3? I cannot seem to find it anywhere nor any guides on what you need to do when you start a new character at level 70. This is my first time on the Sith side so I am clueless.

Thanks!!!

Edited by Jarbarian

If you start at level 70, you cannot do your class story. You start your character's story at the start of Onslaught.

So basically what you're saying is I cannot unlock the achievement for having all the class stories done on both Imp and Pub side? That seems rather stupid and would discourage people from that. It seems my Sith Sorc was able to complete 1 and 2 as a boosted level 70 character, I do not see why the others boosted the same way cannot.

The answer is that they were not boosted the same way.

Boosts issued for Onslaught and with new expansions will boost your character level up to an appropriate point for the new content, and also auto-complete the content up to that point, so that your character is ready to start the new content. Those boosted characters have not actually completed the preceeding story, so they do not qualify for the Chapter completion achievements.

There are boosts that will solely increase your level without doing anything else, and it sounds as though on a previous character you have used one of those. Now, you have used an Onslaught boost to increase your character level expecting it to do the same thing, and been caught out.

The answer is that they were not boosted the same way.

Boosts issued for Onslaught and with new expansions will boost your character level up to an appropriate point for the new content, and also auto-complete the content up to that point, so that your character is ready to start the new content. Those boosted characters have not actually completed the preceeding story, so they do not qualify for the Chapter completion achievements.

There are boosts that will solely increase your level without doing anything else, and it sounds as though on a previous character you have used one of those. Now, you have used an Onslaught boost to increase your character level expecting it to do the same thing, and been caught out.

So do I need to delete the character and start over? I do not remember having to do this for some of my other boosted characters (65 I think).

So do I need to delete the character and start over? I do not remember having to do this for some of my other boosted characters (65 I think).

If you delete the character, you will have used and lost the boost token, so the two options I would suggest are (1) try submitting a ticket asking if the token can be refunded - the answer from the CS team is typically/usually/always "no", but you may get lucky; and (2) roll another character of the same class but start from level 1 if you have an available character slot.

No. You do not *need* to delete the character. If you want to, well, as noted you will not get the token back. You have enough character slots that you could, for example, keep it around to do crafting (characters created with start-at-60 or start-at-70 tokens come with a preset list of fairly high level crew skills) or something else.

Anyway, just so it's clear:

* The Commander's Character token is the one that lets you create a start-at-60 or start-at-70 character. These characters are locked out of significant chunks of earlier content, including the class story.

* The Master's Datacron raises an existing character's level to 70, and comes in a bundle with a set of level 70 gear. It has no effect on the story, although it will grant you your class ship and your ship droid if you don't already have them.

MD characters can then proceed through the class story normally and unlock the various things that doing so unlocks:

* That class's Heroic Moment ability for other classes.

* That class's class-buff effect for other classes.

* That class's class-story titles for that character.

* The various achievements linked to completing the class story and/or completing class-companion stories.

If you want the achievements for levelling a character to level 10, 20, etc., you have to start at level 1 and level manually, and the same applies to the various things you can unlock by levelling species to level 50 by hand.

No. You do not *need* to delete the character. If you want to, well, as noted you will not get the token back. You have enough character slots that you could, for example, keep it around to do crafting (characters created with start-at-60 or start-at-70 tokens come with a preset list of fairly high level crew skills) or something else.

Anyway, just so it's clear:

* The Commander's Character token is the one that lets you create a start-at-60 or start-at-70 character. These characters are locked out of significant chunks of earlier content, including the class story.

* The Master's Datacron raises an existing character's level to 70, and comes in a bundle with a set of level 70 gear. It has no effect on the story, although it will grant you your class ship and your ship droid if you don't already have them.

MD characters can then proceed through the class story normally and unlock the various things that doing so unlocks:

* That class's Heroic Moment ability for other classes.

* That class's class-buff effect for other classes.

* That class's class-story titles for that character.

* The various achievements linked to completing the class story and/or completing class-companion stories.

If you want the achievements for levelling a character to level 10, 20, etc., you have to start at level 1 and level manually, and the same applies to the various things you can unlock by levelling species to level 50 by hand.

Steve, thanks!!! I don't care about anything other than the GLOBAL UNLOCKS achievement for the class story chapters 1-3. That gives you the nice frame around your characters account wide. I had never played Imp side before but seeing as some of them appear more fun than the Pub side, I wanted to try them.

I could care less about leveling, I don't even like PVE. I'm just here to PVP and have fun but that achievement i did want.

Now the next question is if I ACCIDENTALLY grab anything off the ship, such as a chapter story (like the Makeb one I did last night) does that detrail anything? I just want to finish class stories ASAFP so I can get back to getting my gear for PVP :)

Starting certain quests prevents you from doing the class stories. But you will always be warned when you choose those. Only if you keep selecting them after the warning will the class story be locked. If you get the warning and heed it, you still have access to the class story.

Now the next question is if I ACCIDENTALLY grab anything off the ship, such as a chapter story (like the Makeb one I did last night) does that detrail anything? I just want to finish class stories ASAFP so I can get back to getting my gear for PVP :)

To finish the class stories and get the associated goodies, including the Legendary Player achievement, there is no need to touch the mission console on the ship at all, but for information, these will lock out the class story:

* The Hunt. (Knights of the Fallen Empire)

* Wrath And Ruin. (Knights of the Eternal Throne)

* Inflection Point. (Jedi Under Siege)

and the others will not.

That may change in the future, but new stuff there is unlikely before 7.0.

To finish the class stories and get the associated goodies, including the Legendary Player achievement, there is no need to touch the mission console on the ship at all, but for information, these will lock out the class story:

* The Hunt. (Knights of the Fallen Empire)

* Wrath And Ruin. (Knights of the Eternal Throne)

* Inflection Point. (Jedi Under Siege)

and the others will not.

That may change in the future, but new stuff there is unlikely before 7.0.

I have not done any of those AFAIK, however, I cannot complete any class quests on my Bounty Hunter.

Bounty Hunter Chapter 2 (Emote)

Bounty Hunter Chapter 2 (Buff)

Bounty Hunter Chapter 2 (Heroic Ability)

I have to unlock all on my bounty hunter. It's weird, only my Inquisitor has achieved the Emote and Buff but I am not sure HOW I did it I just want to get the "Legendary Player" achievement but am clueless on where I might be able to finish this out.

I have not done any of those AFAIK, however, I cannot complete any class quests on my Bounty Hunter.

Bounty Hunter Chapter 2 (Emote)

Bounty Hunter Chapter 2 (Buff)

Bounty Hunter Chapter 2 (Heroic Ability)

I have to unlock all on my bounty hunter. It's weird, only my Inquisitor has achieved the Emote and Buff but I am not sure HOW I did it I just want to get the "Legendary Player" achievement but am clueless on where I might be able to finish this out.

AFAIK you can't cheese any of the class buffs. You have to actually play through the class storylines and complete chapter 2 to get those. Auto-complete of storylines (which using any character boost at creation does automatically) will not give you the achievements. It looks like you did do the inquisitor storyline up to at least chapter 3 at some time in the past.

AFAIK you can't cheese any of the class buffs. You have to actually play through the class storylines and complete chapter 2 to get those. Auto-complete of storylines (which using any character boost at creation does automatically) will not give you the achievements. It looks like you did do the inquisitor storyline up to at least chapter 3 at some time in the past.

I know but I am LOST. I do not mind doing the class storyline but I cannot find them anywhere. I am completely LOST. Even my ship has nothing for me there. I looked on Odessen and Ossus, NOTHING. I'm scratching my head and I cannot find any info on google on where I can go pick them up.

I know but I am LOST. I do not mind doing the class storyline but I cannot find them anywhere. I am completely LOST. Even my ship has nothing for me there. I looked on Odessen and Ossus, NOTHING. I'm scratching my head and I cannot find any info on google on where I can go pick them up.

Create a new Bounty Hunter and take advantage of the "double" XP time to pile through the class story more quickly than normal. Once you've received the mission to go to Ilum (called "First Strike" for an Impsider(1)), you can leave the character alone thereafter. You'll get the buff/emote/heroic moment ability on *all* your characters because they are legacy-wide unlocks. The existing character will still be unable to use the class-story titles (examples from Sith characters: "Apprentice", "Lord", "Darth"), but will be able to use the other things.

(1) Inquisitors get a *different* mission that has that name near the beginning of the Corellia segment of their class story. That is not the "First Strike" you are looking for.

Create a new Bounty Hunter and take advantage of the "double" XP time to pile through the class story more quickly than normal. Once you've received the mission to go to Ilum (called "First Strike" for an Impsider(1)), you can leave the character alone thereafter. You'll get the buff/emote/heroic moment ability on *all* your characters because they are legacy-wide unlocks. The existing character will still be unable to use the class-story titles (examples from Sith characters: "Apprentice", "Lord", "Darth"), but will be able to use the other things.

(1) Inquisitors get a *different* mission that has that name near the beginning of the Corellia segment of their class story. That is not the "First Strike" you are looking for.

Well I need to make a 4th character (Marauder/Tank). So I just need the emotes on 1 of the 4 to get the unlock or do I need them on all 4? All my Pub sides have the emotes, but all of them are boosted as well EXCEPT for 3 of them.

Well I need to make a 4th character (Marauder/Tank). So I just need the emotes on 1 of the 4 to get the unlock or do I need them on all 4? All my Pub sides have the emotes, but all of them are boosted as well EXCEPT for 3 of them.

As far as I know, it's earned per-class, not merely because you did it on one class. (And in any event, if it was an all-classes thing, it would be *really* all-classes, not all-classes-on-one-faction.)

As far as I know, it's earned per-class, not merely because you did it on one class. (And in any event, if it was an all-classes thing, it would be *really* all-classes, not all-classes-on-one-faction.)

Hmm ok thank you. I am doing this on my "alt" Mercenary. I still have to do this for my Sniper so I am wondering, as long as I do it for the CLASS itself (ie: If I do Operative vs Sniper, both still get the emotes right?).

Ok I finished chapter 2 last night. Took me 3 full days to do that (Sun am to Tuesday pm LATE!!!). That's all I need to do right? Now I can move over to my other 2 Sith characters that I need to finish this global achievement? I do not need the 3rd chapter do I? Edited by Jarbarian

Ok I finished chapter 2 last night. Took me 3 full days to do that (Sun am to Tuesday pm LATE!!!). That's all I need to do right? Now I can move over to my other 2 Sith characters that I need to finish this global achievement? I do not need the 3rd chapter do I?

I assume you are referring to the class storylines, and having just finished Chapter 2 you have done Hoth.

I am also assuming that the global achievement you are referring to is the one that grants the "Legendary Player" title, which is for completing all 8 class stories up to the end of Chapter 3 (so you still have Belsavis, Voss and Corellia to go).

Also, if you check the class display on the left side of the Character Select screen, the class icons for the classes you have completed the storyline for will be lit/highlighted, so you can see which ones you still need to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.